• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JGCarter

@j-dub: Those look GREAT but I remember somebody posted something similar but there was a controversy about the "only" being under the arrows. Its like everybody wants the roads in SC4 to look just how their hometown looks. So if you like it, go ahead and path it but just thought I'd give you a heads up  ;)

Personally, I'd use it too!

jplumbley

Quote from: j-dub on November 30, 2007, 08:55:51 AM
In response to the simcity societies traffic question, there is the possibility of changing the roads by modding. Someone made a 6 lane, I believe, but also left a giant gap in between which looks like a car wide lane. I also have seen turn lanes, and regular 2 lanes, but cement, and a boulevard that looks like an avenue. In response, to TLA, how about pathing these?  ()what()

I no nothing of SCS and will never know anything about it due to the fact I will never buy it.

As for your two images.  I have written RULs for a Right Turn Lane for Avenues usings some old textures from Lakeyboy in ST.  I have shown a few pictures a while back for this addition.  I am planning to expand this to be part of the the RTL (Road Turning Lanes) that I am re-writing and have had some success with.  I have been taking a break as of recent from modding because I am too busy elsewhere to get any good modding done.  I have been around for advice and brainstorming for other things though.

The right turn lanes will be optional and I have written them only for the Avenue 4way Intersection.  These are implemented by using a One Way Road and dragging it in a 90 Turn fashion in the corner of two Avenues.  The new Turning Lanes plugin will be bigger and better, we just need time for it to be done.  I dont see much modding time for me until Christmas time.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Ramona Brie

I want this now! My first 1 000 000+ population city has congestion problems getting out of town, and the rest of the Camelot region does too. Could I be a beta tester? What would be the conditions of using it? (Can I use network puzzle pieces with this? This is needed in Camelot now!)

JGCarter

Filasimo

woah easy there boy have a banana while you wait itll calm your nerves  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Ryan B.

In order to bring a little realism to y'all's wait, imagine the following:

Your local department of transportation / city officials / etc. mulling over feasibility plans, economic and environmental studies, etc.   :P

cammo2003

Quote from: burgsabre87 on November 30, 2007, 11:30:38 PM
In order to bring a little realism to y'all's wait, imagine the following:

Your local department of transportation / city officials / etc. mulling over feasibility plans, economic and environmental studies, etc.   :P

QFT.  :D

Starmanw402007

I agree with the others, we all have to wait and be patience. Keep up the great work on this project!!! Looking forward to the final product.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

j-dub

The problem with pathing right turns for roads, I realize now, is no more pedestrian room on the right. The left straight and right, would require moving the left turn lane a little more to the left and basically modifying it, that the right lane doesn't touch the building. Either way, it may need two squares, the other issue, is the intersection's traffic signals, would need to be moved, but the intersections now wouldn't have room for crosswalks on 1 square.

So how about the same concept for one ways? It wouldn't need to be repathed, just retextured right before the corresponding intersection to the painted arrows on the black top. Or is this unrelevant to the tla and for a different thread?

godjcjk12

jplumbley

Please.. Relax..  As I stated before, I have been hit by RLS and have no time until xmas.  Here are three pics of what you've essentialy requested J-dub, you must realize that this takes tome and it will be released when done right.

"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

JoeST

thoes are fantastic JP, thankyou ever so much for sharing them with us... OMG there ace

now back to RLS, have a good time and don't rush it, whatever you are doing

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

debutterfly

Nice jpulumbley. Would you be able to make those turn lanes with a diagonal AVE or diagonal road intersecting a straight road or AVE.
(Crude format) ==/== or ==//== or --//-- or --/-- like these intersections. First get those RLS taken care of. That's first on anyone's priority list.

Modder's/gamer's priorities:
1. RLS!!!!  :angrymore:  &cry2
2. Patience  ()sad()
3. Perfection  ;)
4. Realism  :thumbsup:
5. Thankfulness for the NAM team  &apls
6. Being SURPRISED about releases!  ;D
7. WOWed by pictures!  :o
8. Have fun!!!!!!!!!  :P

Again. I applaude and thank you for all your hard work.

allan_kuan1992

I will have to emphasize the word "patience". A lot of people are taking as much of their spare time as possible to make these.

Speaking of the word "make", I realize that you are making transit-enabled lots to enable these new network functions that you wish to see in game. Please do not use those. It can screw up the game badly.

Aside from that, there are some good ideas here.

- Allan Kuan

rickmastfan67

Quote from: jplumbley on December 01, 2007, 10:03:30 AM

Looking good there Jason. :thumbsup:  Now all we need is to have the traffic lights to show up on the other sides of the intersections like they do here in North America and the tweaks to the textures to eliminate the pavement textures that aren't needed anymore. LOL. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Pat

Jp that is wonderful stuff there... I apprecaite what you do  &apls &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Starmanw402007

thanks for the updates guys. those are awesome photos of the turning lanes &apls &apls &apls. Keep Up the Great Work.

Your Friend;
Your Friend;

sithlrd98

Every time I look at what is going on with this and the RHW/MIS stuff...thanks for the HARD work!  %BUd%

j-dub

jplumbley, those are lookin great, but how does it work? Do the cars pull in up to the crosswalk while the light is still red? And if so, wouldn't this require some sort of yield or stopsign, or maybe changing/adding more signals? You wouldn't be able to see the light after you pull to the crosswalk.

metasmurf

Quote from: j-dub on December 01, 2007, 07:05:25 PM
jplumbley, those are lookin great, but how does it work? Do the cars pull in up to the crosswalk while the light is still red? And if so, wouldn't this require some sort of yield or stopsign, or maybe changing/adding more signals? You wouldn't be able to see the light after you pull to the crosswalk.

Here in Sweden, there's a yield sign in those intersections.