• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How do I get rock mods to work?

Started by StormVibrations, March 17, 2013, 07:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormVibrations

First, I have the olympic terrain mod, found here at the LEX.  I don't like how elevation change looks, though:

http://i.imgur.com/2xAa4q9.jpg

It just looks like a pile of dirt.  When I used to play before, I thought I used the same terrain mod but with a rock mod to change the way hills and stuff like that look.  I've tried several.  Two that I got here by dogfight, and one from PEG that was supposed to be limestone.  I never saw a difference with any of them.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I have no idea what it could be.  I read and dogfight in particular says his should work with cycledogg's terrain mods.

mrbisonm

The rockmod that you have, probably in the Olympic Terrain Mod folder, you must take it out first when trying another rock mod (that goes for all mods:terrain, beach, water, tree, etc...). You cannot have two mods of the same kind in your Pluginsfolder. They will either crash the game to desktop or simply not show up at all, as in your case. ;)

Hope that helps.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

StormVibrations

Okay...the way my windows explorer window is set up I couldn't see the whole file name, which is long..."CPT_C_OlympicCliff_Optional_EquivalentToPegRockMod". 

So I took your advice and removed it before putting the other rock mod back in.  It's working fine now.  Thank you very much.