• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pedestrian enabled BSC park trails

Started by igdent, September 06, 2020, 02:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

igdent

Hi everyone, I went looking for something related to pedestrian enabling park trails and came across a page which unfortunately has not been added to since 2010.  I copied the bit that interested me and have posted it here as a pseudo quote:

Quote from: ScottFTL on March 21, 2010, 02:13:52 PM
I can't answer all of your questions, but here is what I do know.

I don't think there have been any updates, but here is the link to the BSC Parks Base Set on the LEX:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=437
I think the best way to search for these is to use the Power Search with LEX Category set to Parks - BSC Compliant.

I haven't seen any stairs made for this set in particular, but there are other sets of stairs available.  They can be transit enabled for pedestrians, but the functionality would be limited.  You cannot place transit enabled lots next to each other and create a continuous connection.  For a functional stairway, the entire lot would have to connect to a road on each side for pedestrians to actually use it.

I hope that helps!

Obviously since then there are pedestrian enabled stairs etc for the walls such as JPN walls, and pedestrian enabled pedmalls in Nam and a few I found by MattB. They all work very well for my pedestrians who use them quite frequently. I would love to have pedestrian enabled BSC trails. I know it is all to do with "Transit entry point" etc within the file, but I am not a modder or lotter and too old to learn. I can adjust small things via the exemplar editor (eg: change from $$$ to $$ if I particulary like a building and want to use it for a different cause) but I have not tried anything more complicated that that.
Is there anything available that is more like a trail than a pedmall, and not just eyecandy/park? Or can someone tell this old girl how to add "Transit ..." to a file so that I can do it myself? In my latest, I want to use a BSC trail, or similar, right across one area but I would like it to be usable as I have many walkers in my city. Thanks in advance.

Tarkus

Some 10-11 years ago, I actually started on an effort to convert the BSC Park Trails into a draggable override network--there's actually some deactivated stubs for it in the NAM.  It's a project I'd still like to undertake at some point, though I don't know just when that will happen.  That would absolutely remove any restrictions that a TE Lot-based approach would encounter. 

We'd probably need to make some dependency-free T21s for them, since having external dependencies for NAM content is a no-go unless absolutely vital.  That said, offering up the existing prop layouts as an external mod is very much in the realm of possibility.

-Alex