• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jestarr Industrial props packs

Started by Diggis, September 02, 2007, 04:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

I've just been looking for the above packs vol 1,2 & 3 and have noticed they are no longer available on STEX, using the link provided in both a readme, and the dependency list.  I had a look on the LEX and couldn't see them there, is this available anywhere else?

BarbyW

I suspect that those props were incorporated into one of Jestarr's early BSCBAT Props packs which have subsequently been merged into a MEGA pack. I am not sure but I don't have any of those in plugins now.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Diggis

Hmm, the list I did didn't show them as replaced, and I thought I got most of them.  I probably have them downloaded somwhere, but I just wondered for other people.

Andreas

From what I know, all of jestarr's prop packs that have been named "Vol. xx" (up to "Vol. 12") have been merged into currently four mega prop packs. For the newest lots, you also need Vol. 13 and Vol. 14, plus the loose props that have been released together with those lots. I can't say for sure that the German release of the packs is identical with the English one, since I often fix glitches that I discover in the files, but here's the Cleanitol list for the first mega prop pack:

QuoteBSCBATProps jestarr Vol01.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol02.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol03.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol04.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol05.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol06.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol07.dat
jes_Billboards.dat
jes_BrewsterMachineToolProps_BSC.dat
jes_GuidosRedHotsProps_BSC.dat
jes_HVTransmissionLine-SubstationProps_BSC.dat
jes_Warehouses Vol01.dat
jes_Warehouses Vol02.dat
jes_WisconsinGasProps_BSC.dat
jes_BuildingProps.dat
Phantom433s_Trucks.dat
Phantom433s_Trucks02.dat
Andreas

Diggis

the files I'm after don't have jestarrs name in them, they are simply called

Industrial prop pack
Industrial prop pack Vol 2
Industrial prop pack Vol 3

Andreas

Hmm, I've never heard of these, but pretty much all of jestarr's prop packs contain industrial props. What's the name of the lot that needs those? Maybe the screenshot can tell which props are needed.
Andreas

Diggis

Ummmmm.  I have installed so many lot that I can't remember which lot it was.  :-[  I have just been keeping track of the prop packs I need to install.

on a similar note, does anyone know where the file PEG_Pond-Marina_105.dat can be found?  I have installed all of the Peg Pond Kit and stream kit, and it's not in those, but it is a dependency of CSX supreme court and Mirimar mansion.

Andreas

I can't say it for sure (again), but most likely that's a false dependecy. The "1.05" versions of PEG's lots were from the time before the BAT, so it's probably from the very first pond kit that was available, merely made out of custom textures. PEG used to modify in-game props in order to give them different properties (such as making them timed props), and if Colyn had PEG's lot installed while creating the supreme court lot, it will be listed as dependency in the LD file. Did you check the lot with SC4Tool to get a proper dependency list?

EDIT: I just found the PEG Pond Marina 1.05 in my archive and looked into the DAT. There's a copy of the in-game "state fair small milling" prop with the TGI "0x6534284A,0xC977C536,0x296F0000". This looks suspiciously like a Maxis ID, which would explain the false dependency I described above.
Andreas

Diggis

OK, cheers.  No I'm not up on how to use the SC4Tool yet, I'm jsut getting the hang of the Reader still.  It's next on my list.

I had a look at my previously downloaded packs and have a JRJ industrial props pack, so it might be Jeronijs, not Jestarrs.  &mmm

Andreas

Well, you don't need much knowledge to use the Analyser/Importer in SC4Tool. Basically, you just need to start SC4Tool with all dependency packs installed in your plugins folder, let the tool scan this folder during the startup of the Analyser/Importer, and then open the lot in question. The list on the left displays all relevant exemplar files that have been found in the file (this is useful if you open a DAT that has been merged from a set of lots).

If you click on the exemplar files with a green or blue dot, the "Dependencies" tab gives you a detailed list of all props and textures that were used. Since the LD file (named LTD file in SC4Tool) doesn't display texture pack dependencies, the results are much more accurate. Always use the scan results, rather than the files listed in the L(T)D file, since those could be outdated and/or misleading, as I explained above.
Andreas

Vee Andronov

Quote from: Andreas on September 02, 2007, 05:59:23 AM
From what I know, all of jestarr's prop packs that have been named "Vol. xx" (up to "Vol. 12") have been merged into currently four mega prop packs. For the newest lots, you also need Vol. 13 and Vol. 14, plus the loose props that have been released together with those lots. I can't say for sure that the German release of the packs is identical with the English one, since I often fix glitches that I discover in the files, but here's the Cleanitol list for the first mega prop pack:

QuoteBSCBATProps jestarr Vol01.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol02.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol03.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol04.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol05.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol06.dat
BSCBATProps jestarr Vol07.dat
jes_Billboards.dat
jes_BrewsterMachineToolProps_BSC.dat
jes_GuidosRedHotsProps_BSC.dat
jes_HVTransmissionLine-SubstationProps_BSC.dat
jes_Warehouses Vol01.dat
jes_Warehouses Vol02.dat
jes_WisconsinGasProps_BSC.dat
jes_BuildingProps.dat
Phantom433s_Trucks.dat
Phantom433s_Trucks02.dat
BSC MEGA Props JES Vol. 01 V1.0

APSMS

Quote from: Vee Andronov on March 07, 2016, 01:36:58 PMBSC MEGA Props JES Vol. 01 V1.0
Please don't revive dead threads from over 8 years ago. This is bad forum etiquette, and you aren't helping anyone either (the question was likely solved long ago)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation