• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC No Maxis Help

Started by Ladymame, March 14, 2008, 12:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladymame

I hope I'm in the right place.  I've downloaded the BSC No Maxis and made separate folders as instructed.  Commercial is blocked ok but agriculture, industrial, and residential still come up as if I did nothing.  I've experimented with only one block at a time, but commercial is still the only one that blocks.  I've noticed that the dat file names are different in commercial from the others, it says No_ where the others say Stop_.  I've tried renaming from Stop_ to No_ without success.  Any Advice?  Thanks. &mmm

BarbyW

I use those mods and have never had any problems with Maxis being blocked. The dat names make no difference as it is the contents of the dat that isimportant. I keep my stop Maxis files in a folder called zzz_NoMaxis so you could try that.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Ladymame

It didn't help at first but then I moved everything to My Documents and that's when your recommendation worked. Thank you. :thumbsup:

ideal

Hi all, I try to attach to this post.
I'm quite new in modding.
I downloaded BSC no Maxis and itworks great. Now my problem is: how can I stop the MBEAR building to grow up and let only the Maxis buildings to do it?
thx

jmyers2043

Quote from: ideal on November 09, 2012, 07:39:49 AM
Hi all, I try to attach to this post.
I'm quite new in modding.
I downloaded BSC no Maxis and itworks great. Now my problem is: how can I stop the MBEAR building to grow up and let only the Maxis buildings to do it?
thx

OK, let me see if I understand correctly. You have the BSC No Maxis mod. The mod comes with three folders. One that blocks residentials, one for commercials, and another for industrials. The folders have files that block specific wealth groups. As an example R$, R$$, and R$$$. Putting the R$ file in your plugin folder will block all Maxis R$ residentails but allow R$$ and R$$$.

It seems you do not want MBear buildings. The answer will be to remove the MBear residentail lots from your game.

I tried to understand the second part of the issue, reading your question several times. I think you are asking how to grow some Maxis residential buildings. The small flag for your profile tells me you are Italy and that may be a clue of what you are trying to do. I think the answer to your question is to unchecked the Chicago, NewYork, and Houston Maxis building sets. So that the only Maxis set will be European. Then remove the BSC folder called 'Stop_R'. Maxis European residentials will grow and other custom European style residentails (such as those done by DaveN) will grow too.

You should probably try to post a picture that demonstrates your question if I have not been able to answer correctly. Overcoming the language barrier is a good reason to chuckle sometimes.  :D 

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

smilingviking

I have a related question that has been troubling me for a while. I recently installed all of the JMyers farm fields with all dependencies (I am having no problems with brown boxes or missing textures) but I have had to use the BSC No Maxis mod to get anything but Pumpkin Acres to spawn.  &mmm Is this normal? Thank you to anyone who may know, and I hope this isn't hijacking this thread.

BarbyW

It is quite normal for Pumpkin Acres to grow a lot at the start of a new city so using the No Maxis IR mod will stop them and allow the custom farms to grow.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jmyers2043

Barby gives good advice. I've uploaded a small number is stage 1 farms. The bulk of my farms is stage 2 and 3. So you will probably have a large number of Pumpkin Acres at first. You will have more of my farms grow as your city and region grows.

I have Pumpkin Acres and all the other Maxis farms growing in my game. But I relotted so to my liking.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

smilingviking

Thank you all for the prompt responses! I imagine that is my problem, as I have just created a new region with few Ag jobs.  :)

Kuewr665

I have all Maxis commercial buildings blocked. However, Bennett Music Corp (which I am certain is a Maxis building) still grows. That building literally flooded my cities before the mod, and now it's growing despite the No Maxis Mod.

I have CAM installed, with the No Maxis files immediately following the CAM. Should I move the files towards the bottom? Is there a problem with Bennett Music Corp itself?

noahclem

You could try moving it to the bottom--if your plugins contain a re-lot of a maxis building than that should help. The only other thing I can think of is are you using the BSC version from the LEX? I know there are other maxis blockers doing mostly the same thing but that have some complaints about them.

Kuewr665

Okay, I have done so. Yes, I am using the Maxis blocker from the LEX.

EDIT: Bennett Music Corp is still popping up. Even when the only things in the plugins folder are the blockers, the building grows. This is vexing.

EDIT 2: I found the building in SC4PIM. Apparently all tilesets are checked on. The building should be only for the Chicago tileset. Weird. This could point to a broader problem that affects the game entirely; not only this mod.

Kuewr665

I forgot about this issue, but I found my post about it again while browsing. I looked into PIM-X again and opened all lots that use the Bennett Music Corp model. There is one LotConfig exemplar, the 2x3 with IID 0x60000580, that still has growth stage 3. I checked the no_CO$$.dat file in Reader and the override exemplar is missing.

EDIT: When I open SimCity_1.dat in Reader, the file with IID 0x60000580 is a U2 file, the only one among several LotConfig exemplars. But it shows a LotConfig exemplar in PIM-X...