• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW-2 Textures

Started by Nique, January 21, 2009, 09:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

That is... Awesome!  I don't know what else to say.   ;)

Best,
-Haljackey

Nique

Quote from: Fresh Prince of SC4D on January 27, 2009, 07:16:23 PM
I love the lines but are dutch roads that well mantained? To be honest the asphalt look like was paved yesterday...... like it has'nt been used.  &Thk/( Not entirely a bad thing, though this is some constructive cristism

Other than that this something I going look foward to replacing textures with :thumbsup:

While people in my country are complaining allot.. (it's common here).. the quality of dutch roads are one of the best in the world. These green lines on the road where introduced a couple of years ago, so the asphalt 'must' look new ;).

Also, I'm now writing the new PATH files for the
1) RHW2 to RHW4 and the RHW2 to road. transitions. Yes its a hell of a job!  :-[

Examples
Insane tidy

Rainy

Rainy

Oh and yea, of course we do have bad roads..

Note the sign @ the right: "! Bad road surface"
Proudly developer of

JoeST

you know its awesome when Hal says its awesome :o AWESOME!!!!

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Meastro444

Pure awesomness!

I know what I am going to use as my new RHW Texture set!
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Haljackey

Quote from: JoeST on January 27, 2009, 10:43:55 PM
you know its awesome when Hal says its awesome

Indeed.  This is just some fantastic work Nique.  I've been following this thread since the beginning and it looks like you're getting the hang of it.  The in-game pics just look fantastic!  Nice work!

Best,
-Haljackey

Nique

Thank you for your confidence  :thumbsup:

The thing with me is... i'm a perfectionist, if something doesn't look good.. i build it up again .. from the scratch :P.

I'm now doing some T21 jobs, replacing some crash barriers and trying to add some more props to the highways
Proudly developer of

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Well don't start over because of what I said. You did a better job than I could ever dream of doing. But I got to see what it would look like if you lighten the asphalt a little....... &Thk/(
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Nique

Hey,

It's easy to enlighten the asphalt. maybe i will release different packages

New Crash Barriers  ;D

I'm having problems with putting signs as T21 exemplars along the RHW2 roads..

gives:

should be:
Proudly developer of

Nique

And Nique ordered: "Enlighten the Asphalt"  &idea

:-\

:-\

Proudly developer of

sithlrd98

Ok, from what I see ,you've instanced the texture and the building,  LotConfigPropertyWealthTypes should be set at 0x00,0x01,0x02,0x03 so it shows up whenever...the prop you are using ,does it have Resource Key Type and Resource Key Type 1xm? Kinda hard to see what you've got going on. Also , the best way to check these is to take the texture you are wanting to T-21 , make sure its Group is set at 0x0986135e so it can be seen in LE then build your "mock-up" See if that works.Also , you may have to make it load after the RHW mod.

Jayson

Oh and it doesn't appear that you Reindexed the lot config.

Swamper77

Nique,

The T21 exemplars only support props or flora. Remove the lines starting with 0x00000000 and 0x00000002. Then "Re-index LotConfig". This command should appear when you right-click in the pane that lists the properties.

Also you may want to adjust the property "kPropertyID_NetworkPlacement Pattern".

Quote from: sithlrd98 on January 28, 2009, 07:20:05 PM
the prop you are using ,does it have Resource Key Type and Resource Key Type 1xm? Kinda hard to see what you've got going on.

His prop doesn't necessarily need the property "Resource Key Type 1xm". He only needs that if it is going to be on tiles that get flipped, such as curves and intersections.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Nique

Quote from: sithlrd98 on January 28, 2009, 07:20:05 PM
Ok, from what I see ,you've instanced the texture and the building,  LotConfigPropertyWealthTypes should be set at 0x00,0x01,0x02,0x03 so it shows up whenever...the prop you are using ,does it have Resource Key Type and Resource Key Type 1xm? Kinda hard to see what you've got going on. Also , the best way to check these is to take the texture you are wanting to T-21 , make sure its Group is set at 0x0986135e so it can be seen in LE then build your "mock-up" See if that works.Also , you may have to make it load after the RHW mod.

Jayson

Oh and it doesn't appear that you Reindexed the lot config.

I will look, but it's in the same file as the crash barrier is in.. that does show up. As that did show up, i cloned that file, and changed the parameters to this.

And how can i get the texture inside the lot editor? I can't find the RHW texture with LotEditor

thank you
Proudly developer of

Nique

Quote from: Swamper77 on January 28, 2009, 07:33:23 PM
Nique,

The T21 exemplars only support props or flora. Remove the lines starting with 0x00000000 and 0x00000002. Then "Re-index LotConfig". This command should appear when you right-click in the pane that lists the properties.

Also you may want to adjust the property "kPropertyID_NetworkPlacement Pattern".

His prop doesn't necessarily need the property "Resource Key Type 1xm". He only needs that if it is going to be on tiles that get flipped, such as curves and intersections.

-Swamper

i've set this to : kPropertyID_NetworkPlacement Pattern 0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00

I dont exacly understand what you mean by this:
"Remove the lines starting with 0x00000000 and 0x00000002"

What lines ? Which name?
Proudly developer of

sithlrd98

Quote from: Swamper77 on January 28, 2009, 07:33:23 PM
-Swamper
Sorry , I've only been doing curves  ;D
Quote from: Nique on January 28, 2009, 07:35:50 PM
I will look, but it's in the same file as the crash barrier is in.. that does show up.
And how can i get the texture inside the lot editor? I can't find the RHW texture with LotEditor
thank you
For the textures to show up in LE the Group needs to be set at 0x0986135e ....

Jayson
Quote from: Nique on January 28, 2009, 07:38:22 PM
I dont exacly understand what you mean by this:
"Remove the lines starting with 0x00000000 and 0x00000002"
What lines ? Which name?
In your picture , if you look at LotconfigPropertyLocation , you'll see 4 files...0x00000000,0x00000002. Get rid of those ,you only want the props...0x00000001 and re-index the lotconfig.

Swamper77

Quote from: Nique on January 28, 2009, 07:38:22 PM
i've set this to : kPropertyID_NetworkPlacement Pattern 0x01,0x00,0x00,0x00

Looking at Memo's notes, the tile with the props will only appear once in one row and column and not again for 4 tiles in either direction.

You missed this part of my message:
QuoteThe T21 exemplars only support props or flora. Remove the lines starting with 0x00000000 and 0x00000002. Then "Re-index LotConfig". This command should appear when you right-click in the pane that lists the properties.
You need to remove the building (Line starting with 0x00000000) and the texture (Line starting with 0x00000002). T21 exemplars do not support buildings or lot textures. They only support props (Lines starting with 0x00000001) and flora (Lines starting with 0x00000004).

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Nique

Quote from: sithlrd98 on January 28, 2009, 07:41:20 PM
Sorry , I've only been doing curves  ;DFor the textures to show up in LE the Group needs to be set at 0x0986135e ....

JaysonIn your picture , if you look at LotconfigPropertyLocation , you'll see 4 files...0x00000000,0x00000002. Get rid of those ,you only want the props...0x00000001 and re-index the lotconfig.

Im sorry if i'm looking to be stupid butt..,

there is no LotconfigPropertyLocation ?

Proudly developer of

sithlrd98

sorry,LotconfigPropertylotobject Data...I'm sick and can't see what I'm typing :)

Jayson

Nique

Quote from: sithlrd98 on January 28, 2009, 07:50:10 PM
sorry,LotconfigPropertylotobject Data...I'm sick and can't see what I'm typing :)

Jayson

lol np.. thanks
Proudly developer of

Tarkus

I'd recommend maybe using 0x01,0x01,0x01,0x01 on the kPropertyID_NetworkPlacementPattern. memo did a little mapping of the different patterns in the T21 tutorial thread here.  That'll put it every 4 tiles (since the Pattern Size is set to 0x04).

-Alex (Tarkus)