• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

1) Simgoober's Bus Stops and 2) LEX DVD Essentials

Started by dahemac, February 18, 2009, 01:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahemac

1) I have been using Simgoober's Bus Stops for a few months. I originally got them off Simtropolis. They are great. However I noticed a few days ago that they are will not function anymore. They now show a max. cap. of one (1) and noone uses them. I have been updating my plugins folder from the LEX DVD. I tried replacing the files in my plugins with the ones from the LEX DVD but got no joy. SG_MassTransitEssentials.dat isn't included on the DVD, but should be covered by BSC Essentials Files.html. Any ideas? Could some of Simgoober's dependency packs be conflicting?

2) BSC Essentials Files.html lists bsc_Essentials_OG.dat as one of the files merged into that DAT. However bsc_Essentials_OG.dat is included LEX Disk Vol 1/LEX/Dependencies/Essentials/ with BSC Essentials.dat. Is this a mistake?

BarbyW

I can answer 2. It has to be separate as it is needed for the Reward Chain system and cannot be merged into the main dat file.
Re the SG bus stops, have you also used any other ones in the same city? This might explain why they have stopped working. There has been quite a bit of discussion in another forum - can't recall exactly which one now - about transit costs etc.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

dahemac

Quote from: BarbyW on February 18, 2009, 02:36:43 PM
<snip>Re the SG bus stops, have you also used any other ones in the same city?<snip>

I have been using the RTMTV3. I got Simgoober's Bus Stops because they are a dependency of that. I also am using the NAM. I feel certain that a month ago they were all playing nice together. Hmmmm.... &Thk/(

dahemac

Update
It seems likely that this problem is a result of something I have done with files from the LEX DVD. As I move content from the DVD to my Plugins folder, I have been trying to cleanup my file structure so the Plugins folder matches the LEX DVD. I think some stuff, like the Essentials, need not to be in subfolders. Also, the version of Simgoober's Bus Stops on the DVD is not the most recent. The mod dates on those files are 07/04/29 and 08/03/24 while the version I downloaded from the LEX has all files dated 08/05/10.
     I have updated the files and directory hierarchy however Simgoobers lovely, handy bus stops still are not working.

Does anyone know if SG_MassTransitEssentials.dat is still included in the BSC Essentials.dat?

BarbyW

SG_MassTransitEssentials.dat is included in BSC Essentials. None of the Essentials files should be in a sub folder but they had to be in one for the DVD.
If you check the date stamps of the individual files you will see that the ones on the DVD are identical to those on the LEX. They had been missed when posting SG's work to the LEX so were posted in October. The lots only were updated in March 2008 from the ones on the STEX. The dats contain the models and so were not updated.

dahemac

Thanks BarbyW.

I have moved BSC Essentials.dat, bsc_Essentials_OG.dat and BSC_Reward_essential.dat to the directory ~/Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins.
What about NHPUIs.dat, NUTsEssentials.dat, PropFamilyNames.dat and SFBT Essentials? SFBT Essentials is a folder, should all of its contents be loose in the Plugins folder?

BarbyW

NHPUIs.dat, NUTsEssentials.dat and SFBT Essentials should be in the root of plugins.
PropFamilyNames.dat is only needed if you make your own lots. If you do then put that into the root as well.
The rest of the files in the SFBT folder can be left in the folder or moved to the root, your choice.

Andreas

As for the SFBT Essentials, here's the standard installation path, as used in the installer. It's probably better to install them as following, so you can update them automatically when a new version is released (most likely around February/March 2009).

SFBT_Sounds.dat and SFBT_UIs.dat should go into \Plugins\SimCity 4\SFBT, all other files should go into \Plugins\SimCity 4\SFBT\SFBT_Props.
Andreas

dahemac

This is all very cool and greatly appreciated help. I bet having the plugins folder set up correctly helps the game run smoother. And yet, Simgoober's Bus Stops still do not work. I think I will try adding them to a vanilla installation and then add stuff from my plugins bit by bit till they stop working. Will let you know if I figure out what is messing with them.

dahemac

I have been looking about my region and I find that SG Bus Stops plopped before a certain point work correctly. Any new ones do not...

dahemac

I thought I had a problem with my installation so I posted this question on the Mac Help section.
RippleJet pointed out that the lots on the LEX were problematic and attached replacements. Voila! Fixed.
I do not know if I am doing this link right, but here is the URL I copied for the replacement SG_BusStops.
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7073.0;attach=5307

Thanks to one and all!  &apls