• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Customer Support

Started by vester, March 16, 2007, 04:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yum

Hi, I love your train sets, and I'm thrilled that you included the Santa Fe locomotives, but I'm having an issue with train set #10, the passenger train locomotives.

I've downloaded it several times and each time, I try to unzip the exe file, but it makes my antivirus go nuts.  It says there's a trojan in the file and blocks it from being extracted.

I know you wouldn't do that to us and someone else must've changed it but is there something that can be done about that?

EDIT: #9's actually doing it too, but that's it.

vester

I know that Avast flags is well, but it do a sandbox check and let it run afterwards.

Got no idea what to do to change to the files to avoid the antivirus to flag it.

yum

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do a sandbox check.

EDIT:  OK, I figured it out.

vester

When you what help, please be a bit more specific than just write my antivirus program.

yum

Yeah, sorry about that.  I didn't thin that one all the way through.
It's Norton 360.

Thanks for the trains, though!  I'm setting up Santa Fe red/silver, yellow/blue, and BNSF to run in my city.

vester

Hope someone else can help you with Norton, as I don't have it, there for I can't help.
It as such not a problem with the mods, but the installer, which I don't have any other ways to do.

Maybe time to seach the net for some solution:

Please try this out:

• Disconnect the machine from the internet

• Try to run an exe file (what happens?)

• On the system try (by the system clock) right click on the Norton icon

• Click on Disable Smart Firewall

• Select time duratuion to 15 minutes, and click OK

• Try to run an exe file (what happens?)

• Turn Smart Firewall back

• Reconnect to the internet
From Norton Community: Can't launch exe files and other issues

Please tell us what worked for you.

yum

Oh yeah, for Norton 360, Symantec acknowledges there are a very few false reports of Trojan.ADH.SMH

To get the installer out of zip, I did this:
1. Open Norton
2. Click Tasks at the top of the resulting window.
3. Click on Check Security History.
4. In the new window, select Quarantine from the dropdown menu.
5. Find the exe file on the list that matches the download.
6. Click Restore & Options
7. Click Restore & exclude this file

Then the installer was ready to run.
I was just concerned that somebody tampered with those two files.

vester

Thank for reporting back. Hope this can help other with same or similar problems.

deora

Hey vester,i have a little trouble with your newly released passenger ferry.
When installing one replacement and a bunch of additional ferries from the optional menu,the ingame UDI icon for passenger ferries  isn`t there anymore.After deleting the passenger ferry files,everything is back again and i can use the Maxis passenger ferry in UDI menu.
After installing only the replacement without additionals,the same thing happens again,no passenger ferries for me :(
I`m pretty sure it`s something i messed up but i don`t know what`s going wrong.
The entire VDK Transport Folder loads after the NAM  (i even renamed it with a bunch of zzzzz) but nothing changes.
Any idea?The weird thing is,the other VDK Automatas work fine.All my trains are behaving just fine.

vester

Thank you for reporting this.

Forgot to add icons to the dat files. Hopeful this will solve this problem.

deora

Thanks man for taking a look at it.I will keep an eye on the LEX to see when the files are updated. :thumbsup:

vester

Thought I had this figured out, but I had to ask for some help on this.
Will post here when I have updated the files.

vester

Have updated the files. Now the UDI works. It will show two icons, be as I have understood it, it can't be avoided.

deora

Thanks vester,now the Ferries work perfectly fine and they look great ingame. &apls

There she goes.

builder

Hello,

I need some help with the u-drive-it missions using trains. Whenever I start a mission, the front carriage appears at a 90 degree angle on the tracks, and when the counter counts down and right after the mission starts, I get a mission fail. I've tried taking out the VDK files and trying without and I get the same result. I was pointed in this direction, this thread, where someone might help me. I don't know if this is a VDK error, or perhaps that I'm using the RRW or something else entirely, but I hope this doesn't really affect the usage of trains!

vester

I have heard about problems like this.

Do you have any spawner lots ?
Not sure if I remember this right, but that might have been the cause of a problem like this earlier.

Any one else have an idea ?

builder

Considering I have no clue what a spawner lot is, I doubt I've downloaded it and have it with simcity 4. I can look for it, I just need to know what it is first :P

emanuelfranco0390

Hi vester, this is the issue i send to you in PM, this is my plugins folder installation, i don't know why i'm still have the original ferry from maxis  ()sad()

vester

The last picture helped me find the answer to you problem.

There are two types of ferries, large and small, or as I called the car ferry (CFerry) and passenger ferry (PFerry).

The mod is a passenger ferry and what you see in the picture is the car ferry.

PS: I asked emanuel to post his question here, (as state in the readme and in the Lex description,).
That is so other people can help with answers or benefit from the answers.

SD40-2

Hi Vester,

I really appreciate your train mods, but I have an issue with Vol 11 - Passenger Cars.

When I try to install the MN Red Replacement 1 car, it gives me the Blue one instead.

Could you please check this?

File is "VDK PR Cars Rep 1 MN Red.dat"

Edit - There also seems to be a missing "VDK PR Cars Rep 1 MN Blue.dat" file.