• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

2 issues with a new PC

Started by io_bg, April 16, 2009, 02:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Hi, everyone,
I recently bought a new PC so I installed SC4 on it. It runs perfectly (the game loads in about 1 minute with 2 gbs of plugins). But I've got 2 issues: sometimes the game just crashes while zooming or scrolling. Is there any way to solve this? Actually, on my old PC the game rarely crashed, but now it happens really often and this is annoying.
Also, sometimes the NAM pieces don't show when I choose them from the menu. To make them appear, I have to put the piece (or sometimes to zoom).
Any ideas how to solve these problems?
Thanks in advance!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

sithlrd98

What processor you running?What OS(I'm sure Vista , but is it x32 or x64?)

Jayson

cody426

I have them same issue with the NAM pieces, usually just moving the mouse around the screen rapidly for a couple seconds will let it show up.  its an odd work-around but it works for me.

io_bg

My processor is Intel Core Duo and it's 2.7 Ghz. And my OS is Windows XP.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Xiziz

Sc4 likes to crash, I'm assuming your using the same pluginsfolder as on your old computer(of you added anything after getting the new computer, it might be pluginrelated).

There are a few things you can do to make Sc4 crash less, one of them is to force it to run on core 0. The first core in the processor. There is a guide for vista on how to do it(and it was even simpler in Debian). But the Vista guide should work for XP too.

Datpack your plugins could also help, generally makes the game crash less it seems like(and a bunch of other goodies)

The Nam problem sounds like a dependency or issue, or rather a load order dependency issue. Make sure all NAM files are loaded in the correct order.