• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Where did you place said backup folder? A backup should reside on another harddrive (or DVD, USB stick etc.), so you can still access it if the harddrive is failing. As z said, I have no idea how such a large amount of data could have been deleted by the NAM installer; that would be only possible if you selected the root folder of all your SC4 stuff as installation folder (which is certainly not suggested).
Andreas

medit84truth

Quote from: Andreas on July 11, 2010, 01:25:56 AM
Where did you place said backup folder? A backup should reside on another harddrive (or DVD, USB stick etc.), so you can still access it if the harddrive is failing. As z said, I have no idea how such a large amount of data could have been deleted by the NAM installer; that would be only possible if you selected the root folder of all your SC4 stuff as installation folder (which is certainly not suggested).

By "root" you mean the folder that's entitled Simcity4, am I correct? If so, then no that's not the case. All of the NAM and it's components had it's own subfolder within the plugins folder. The memory stick i had got corrupted some how and I didn't have an extra. I was actually about to get a new one that day. Go figure.  Guess it was meant to happen (Lol with a frown). How was I to know that my plugins folder was starring in a role in Final Destination 5.

I just don't know, I had to have done something wrong. Any way, I don't want to take up any more of ya'lls time.  You guys probably have to face many more obstacles than this one. Again, thanks for the responses. I have the day off tomorrow, so I guess I'll re-download everything again. Luckily I saved the links to all the foreign sites I downloaded from. Hopefully I'll be playing again in a few days.

-Peace

Tarkus

I just tested the uninstaller myself last night to see if I could replicate this situation.  The uninstaller did completely remove my NAM folder and everything in it, but it stopped there, as intended.

-Alex

medit84truth

Almost forgot...

Thanks for moderating between 2 sites. I appreciate the fact that you responded on both threads.  :-\

Mike1814

It seems like my traffic has worsened since installing NAM 2010. I'm using simulator ultra, which is acting worse than the z updated before that new NAM.

Before NAM 2010:

After NAM 2010:

Here are my files in the NAM folder:

SN: This is on imageshack right now. I apologize if the images are too big. If this doesn't work I don't know what is the problem. But I'll move this to the correct thread.

z

Mike, it appears that your links aren't working - no pictures are showing up.  Please fix them, and then I can look into this.  But since you have to modify your message anyway, please post the corrected one to the NAM Unified Traffic Simulator and Data View Help thread, which is where it should go.  Thanks! :)

SC4BOY

Quote from: Mike1814 on July 11, 2010, 09:15:42 PM
It seems like my traffic has ...

Please find an image post/sourcing network that will provide reasonable service such as imageshack, etc.. It's clear that the one you are chosing is not up to the task.

.. edit: oops.. looks like z1 and I "simul-posted".. at any rate, you get the idea. I posted after this second instance of seeing your issue.. one of which you already had tried to address here..

GehTeddy

Hey,
i have a problem with this Curve, it´s the wrong Skin...

Actually it must be the Euroskin  :'(

Can somebody help me?

Thank you very much

MutantPlatypus

Hi!  Nice work with the extra highway interchanges, but I have an issue.  When I drag a oneway across an elevated highway, I'm asked if I want to place a single-sided ramp on either side of the highway.  I'd like to be able to place a two-sided ramp.  I can't even get a two-sided ramp placed on both sides of the highway when trying to plop.  Is this a know issue?  I'll post pictures if that would help with the explanation, if the issue isn't known.

UPDATE:  I figured it out.  I think.  I was probably confused because the new ramps take up more space than the old ones (I think).

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

SC4BOY

The only thing that would prevent your having the full 4 ramp access would be that you have built close to other things which prevent the building of the ramps... as I recall it takes 3 tiles (maybe 4) by one wide beside the highway for each ramp. If the game will "wipe out" any development I think it automatically foregoes building (or even offering) the ramp. You can verify this by picking an open space with plenty of room and just trying it out. I have built 4 ramp access many times.

stickboygoat

Hello Guys,

First thanks for helping.  I tried searching the forums for my answer but I couldn't get it to work correctly.  I am sure I am just doing something wrong. I'm running SC4 Rush Hour on my Mac and want to install NAM2010 for Mac on it.  However, I don't know how to install it.  The readme file says to use the install file but I can't locate it.  Any ideas?  All I want is to make traffic patterns more realistic.  I'm tired of the awful commute times and such.  I really do appreciate your help and sorry if this has been asked and answered already.

Stickboygoat

Andreas

There is no Mac installer (yet), so you'll have to extract the ZIP file manually and select the files you want to use. Please refer to the readme file about which files to install.
Andreas

CaptCity

Hi all,

About a year ago I made this post concerning pedestrian traffic not being able to get through Tram-in-Road and Tram-on-Road intersections. Well, it seems the Tram-in-Avenue experiences a similar "bug." Hopefully these images will explain...

When left with no choice other than taking the GLR, sims won't walk to the station. However...

...adding the bus stops will allow them to take the buses to the station. They will even walk across the intersection to get to a stop, as shown here...

They just won't make any turns onto the avenue.

Checking the paths shows this...

They don't quite line up, but I don't know if the difference is enough to affect traffic.

As an added note, car traffic is able to make the turns at intersections...

Should the pedestrian traffic be able to make the turns?

Edit: Forgot to add that I am using the newest NAM.

Chrisim

Quote from: CaptCity on July 21, 2010, 07:53:21 PM
About a year ago I made this post concerning pedestrian traffic not being able to get through Tram-in-Road and Tram-on-Road intersections. Well, it seems the Tram-in-Avenue experiences a similar "bug."
The Tram-Road pieces were updated and should not show this bug anymore since the May 2010 NAM. Have you tried again? The problem was related to the pedestrian paths in the SC4Path file.
Indeed the tram-avenue road intersection has the same problem. These tram-avenue pieces are old (they were created before I started modding), and I wonder why this was never reported before. Easy to correct, thank you for reporting.

CaptCity

Quote from: Chrisim on July 23, 2010, 02:59:29 PM
The Tram-Road pieces were updated and should not show this bug anymore since the May 2010 NAM. Have you tried again? The problem was related to the pedestrian paths in the SC4Path file.

Sorry, I didn't mean the Tram-in-Road and Tram-on-Road pieces were still having problems. They have been working great.  I was just using it as a reference point since the Tram-in-Avenue pieces were doing a similar thing. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

QuoteIndeed the tram-avenue road intersection has the same problem. These tram-avenue pieces are old (they were created before I started modding), and I wonder why this was never reported before. Easy to correct, thank you for reporting.

Thanks for looking into it. Maybe nobody noticed it because it's only the pedestrian traffic that seems to be affected. Everything else (car, bus) works so it may have been overlooked...

Chrisim

Quote from: CaptCity on July 23, 2010, 04:24:34 PM
Maybe nobody noticed it because it's only the pedestrian traffic that seems to be affected. Everything else (car, bus) works so it may have been overlooked...
I was surprised that nobody had noticed before, because it has quite an impact on game play.
I know why I had not noticed it. I am using bus stops almost everywhere and as you showed, the problem is not apparent when bus stops are in use ...
Again, thanks for notifying.

Amodh

How do i download guys? i do not get the option to start the download? when i click on windows on the NAM may 2010 post , a new page opens showing all the features and the comments but i cannot download  &mmm

Tarkus

Quote from: Amodh on August 01, 2010, 10:53:01 AM
How do i download guys? i do not get the option to start the download? when i click on windows on the NAM may 2010 post , a new page opens showing all the features and the comments but i cannot download  &mmm

See here.  You need to be registered and logged in on the LEX in order to see the button.  Forum registration is separate from LEX registration.

-Alex

MutantPlatypus

Ew, I just realized I was reading an old message.  Sorry, but I'll keep this here in case he comes back and reads it.

Meditate:  In the future, try some undelete software right away.  It may still recover some of your files, but since its been a while the space may have been reused and the files may be lost.  Its happened to me before, too.  It sucks, I know.

I think what he means by "mount point" is a directory junction or symbolic directory link.  Google those.  Basically they are fake folders that point to real folders and are treated like real folders.  So if you have one at "...Plugins\NAM\AJunction" that points to "...Plugins", a simple delete command on the NAM folder would delete AJunction, which in turn would delete whatever AJunction points to and all its subfolders - in this case, your entire plugins folder.  This is also a circuitous junction, so if something (SimCity4, for example) tried to read all the files in your plugins folder, it would go down to AJunction, and inside AJunction SimCity would see your entire plugins folder - again.  Including AJunction - again.  Its a never ending cycle.  This makes me doubt you had one.  Its not a sure thing, though, its possible you did.

If you don't know what a junction point is, chances are you didn't have one.  If you're using Windows XP or older, chances are even lower you had one.  If you're not using NTFS, chances are nil you had one.

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

mcarch

I am not sure if this is the correct thread to post this in.  I searched for the NWM but only found one entry.

There seems to be a sound issue when building any part of the Network Widening Mod.  The sound of construction continues even though construction has finished.  So far this has only occured with the NWM pieces, not with any other network type or mod.