• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

Yeah, that was a mistake. The NAM usually uses a modified version of that installer which has a larger description field, but it was packaged into a different one with different settings.

As far as I remember, all it needs is GLR, but I'm not too sure. I'll look in the RC2 installer as I think it used the correct one.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

jondor

It requires the base draggable GLR, and because it's model based and removes the default pillars from the ELR network, it also requires you to redraw any ELR networks you have in your existing cities in order to update the T21s and replace the pillars.  Similarly to the HSRP and monorail.

You don't actually have to bulldoze anything, just click over them every five tiles or so with the EL-Rail tool.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

RustyXL

I'm having a problem with the Extended Draggable GLR. I tried to re-draw my EL Rail networks to get the pillars back, but they only appear randomly. Everytime I click on a section of EL Rail the pillars randomly appear and disappear. Is there any way I can fix this issue?

Tarkus

Quote from: RustyXL on September 16, 2011, 01:16:24 PM
I'm having a problem with the Extended Draggable GLR. I tried to re-draw my EL Rail networks to get the pillars back, but they only appear randomly. Everytime I click on a section of EL Rail the pillars randomly appear and disappear. Is there any way I can fix this issue?

That's kind of the nature of T21s.  The only way you could change that would be to modify the T21.

To all the LHD folks reporting Avenue Roundabout path issues, try the file attached below.  Copied all the paths from the Avenue Roundabout Plugin, remapped their Instance IDs and flipped any Rail/Tram paths for LHD.  Let me know if it works.

-Alex

IonCannon

RustyXL

Quote from: Tarkus on September 16, 2011, 04:29:33 PM
That's kind of the nature of T21s.  The only way you could change that would be to modify the T21.

So which T21s would I need to modify so my EL Rail won't look like this?

jondor

My guess would be that the T21s for the pillars are interacting negatively with the T21s that produce the little junction boxes and whatnot.

It probably won't be a super simple fix, but once I gather all the relevant T21s together, I'll have a better idea.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Jaris

Hello there,
first of all I'd like to thank the NAM-team for their work on the new NAM, Rhw and NWM.
As I've been eagerly avaiting them I downloaded them today. Since I'm quite new to SC4, and didn't want to mess up my game I followed the readme-instructions very accurately.

So heres what I did (twice):
1. Uninstall the previous Nam
2. Use the cleanitol that came with nam30
3. Install NAM, then Rhw, then NWM.

Still in the RHW menu at the bottom is a NAM-button stating:
"Warning you are using an outdated NAM Controller. Please reinstall the latest NAM Essentials."

So I have to find that outdated controller and destroy it? But what am I looking for? Any suggestions where I might find it? Or have I done something wrong when installing those mods?
I've actually played arround a little bit and haven't managed to find any flaws in the game, so could it be an option to simply ignore it?

-Jaris

Tarkus

To my knowledge, the "Controller Marker" icon at the bottom of the Highways menu with the NAM Logo on it doesn't contain a text string like that . . . it should merely just display the controller version number.  If it says "Version: r132 (14 September 2011)", you should be okay--otherwise, you might have something in there interfering.

-Alex

jondor

Quote from: Tarkus on September 18, 2011, 02:29:00 AM
To my knowledge, the "Controller Marker" icon at the bottom of the Highways menu with the NAM Logo on it doesn't contain a text string like that . . . it should merely just display the controller version number.  If it says "Version: r132 (14 September 2011)", you should be okay--otherwise, you might have something in there interfering.

-Alex

I checked out the file, it does have an LTEXT at the same TGI as the one in the controller with that exact text, but in the normal course of things it would be overridden by the controller.  If the warning text is leaking through despite the correct controller being installed, then a bad file structure is at fault.

Vlasky

I am sorry if someone else posted about this before me,

I have the latest NWM, Tho I didn't remove previous before installing this one. Yelp!
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

CaptCity

Quote from: Vlasky on September 18, 2011, 09:39:01 AM
I am sorry if someone else posted about this before me,

I have the latest NWM, Tho I didn't remove previous before installing this one. Yelp!

Your intersection may be too close to the transition. A few more tiles between them would help with stability.

Vlasky

Ah, ok. Thank you!
I'll post more oddities as I continue playing with latest NAM, NWM and RHW, that is if I find any.
My Thread - Vlasky going global BATs - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15573.0

Jaris

Quote from: jondor on September 18, 2011, 08:29:31 AM
Quote from: Tarkus on September 18, 2011, 02:29:00 AM

-Alex

I checked out the file, it does have an LTEXT at the same TGI as the one in the controller with that exact text, but in the normal course of things it would be overridden by the controller.  If the warning text is leaking through despite the correct controller being installed, then a bad file structure is at fault.

So I've put the controller file into a zzz-folder, and now it displays correctly that version r132 is installed. Can I assume now that my NAM is installed correctly and can now play with a peacfull mind? :)

z

Quote from: Jaris on September 18, 2011, 11:43:58 AM
So I've put the controller file into a zzz-folder, and now it displays correctly that version r132 is installed. Can I assume now that my NAM is installed correctly and can now play with a peacfull mind? :)

Everything should work fine now.  But you've clearly got a rogue controller somewhere in your plugins, and it would be best to track it down and remove it.  More importantly, it might be part of a whole older version of the NAM, which could conceivably conflict in unpredictable ways with the new NAM.  So it would be best to find the source of the problem and fix it.

Did you by any chance DatPack an older version of the NAM?  Doing so would result in just the symptoms you described.

Jaris

I don't even know what a DatPack is, so I assume I haven't DatPacked any NAM-files.
I also tried following: Uninstalled NAM, removed all my plugins out of my plugins-folder and then installed the new NAM and still the wierd message was showing. The only way to get rid of it was the method I described above.

metarvo

I'm reporting a path issue with NAM v. 30.  The new OWR-2 x Street DxD intersection has no paths.  I can get the intersection to appear by overlaying a diagonal street helper piece over a diagonal OWR-2 or by dragging out a diagonal OWR-2 over a diagonal street helper piece that is already placed, but the paths are missing according to DrawPaths.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

RustyXL

Quote from: jondor on September 16, 2011, 10:23:37 PM
My guess would be that the T21s for the pillars are interacting negatively with the T21s that produce the little junction boxes and whatnot.

It probably won't be a super simple fix, but once I gather all the relevant T21s together, I'll have a better idea.

I looked in to the problem a little more, and I found out that it only happens on straight sections, and only on every other tile, like this:

I tried editing some of the T21s but it none of the changes I made actually fixed the problem. Do you know which T21s are causing the problem?

amishius

Hi all, first post and I found an issue just a little while ago. We've been discussing it slightly on the Simtropolis chat.

Please note the highways, which used to be red, are now black. Rails, which used to be black, are now red. At Lakeland, you can see the colors switch. While I have installed some other mods today, the biggest thing by far were the three things linked on the NAM update.

jdenm8

That's because we changed the appearance of Highways to be consistent with the appearance of RHW in the transport view (If you look closely, you'll see RHW's on there now).

It's integration of a mod Jondor made into the main files.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley