• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carny

Hi people.
I need help about the new Diagonal bridge enabler.
This is what i see after ploppling any NAM diagonal bridge starter piece on dragged networks.

</br>
</br>

Any suggestion?

kassarc16

Carny, see below.

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 25, 2011, 07:05:51 AM
I had the exact same issues during testing and it's not an issue with the diagonal bridges, but rather with the cricket/rugby props by rivit.

To fix it, you had to do remove a value in Reader from the prop exemplars that only contains zeros. I'll post better instructions when I have more time to look for them.

CahosRahneVeloza

@Carny: go back one page & you'll see io_bg's post as you both have the same issue & as jdenm8 said the DBE is in conflict with rivit's cricket/rugby fields.

Carny

Ok, i see. Thanks guys.
Bu now what i have to do? Is it enough to remove the entire Cricket fields folder from my plugins, or i need to something else?

jdnaylor32

Any solution to the El-Rail Facelift Mod by MIncroabl problem yet?

jondor, you mentioned you were working on a patch to make the Pylon's appear. Have you managed to crack that?

I'm getting another problem that might also be related. Under a standard El-Rail bridge, the standard pylons are also appearing. Anyone have that?

Cheers,

jondor

Quote from: jdnaylor32 on September 26, 2011, 03:18:24 PM

jondor, you mentioned you were working on a patch to make the Pylon's appear. Have you managed to crack that?

I'm getting another problem that might also be related. Under a standard El-Rail bridge, the standard pylons are also appearing. Anyone have that?

Cheers,

The problem seems to be that the game is randomly choosing between the pylon T21s and the default random track props T21s, despite the fact that the game will supposedly combine T21s on the same tile as long as they have different placement patterns.  To that end, I modified the ortho straight and 4way + Maxis T21s to include the pylons and cancelled out the custom pylon T21s which seems to work just fine.  I've posted it for the NAM team to check out, and we'll also need to search for other pylon conflicts.  At the time I made that post, it seemed to be a much simpler problem that would have been a five minute fix, but it turned out to be more complicated.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

jdenm8

Quote from: Carny on September 26, 2011, 02:29:10 PM
Ok, i see. Thanks guys.
Bu now what i have to do? Is it enough to remove the entire Cricket fields folder from my plugins, or i need to something else?

You can just remove it, but you can keep them if you modify them in Reader.
The proper name of the file on the STEX is "Cricket, Rugby, Bowls".

What modification is needed?
Open the file called "RVT Rugby and Cricket Field Textures.dat". As well as the custom textures, this also contains the custom props.
Find the exemplars with the IIDs f5e80100, f5e80101 and f5e80102.
Delete the property "Building/Prop Family" in each Exemplar (Only f5e801ff doesn't have one).
Save and overwrite.

We don't exactly know why they interfere and why removing this property makes them play nice, but it just does.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Carny

CahosRahneVeloza

Quote from: jdnaylor32 on September 26, 2011, 03:18:24 PM

I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one as I use this mod too :)

You guys really rock!

Wiimeiser

The GHW-Parallel avenue ramp is still missing some paths. Also the MHW over GLR Ramp has no paths...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdnaylor32

@jondor

Great to hear that you're on the case! These things are often more complicated than they first appear. Hidden conflicts right? I'm guessing the NAM is pretty massive too. Lots more to go wrong!

I look forward to the NAM team approving your fix.

Cheers,

James

arl85

I want to signal a small misalligned texture (see attached img)
On higher zoom the texture is correctly alligned

shinkansen1

I wish to ask about a change that was made to the appearance of the elevated road and avenue networks for NAM 30.

Why was this change made, and is it possible to isolate and remove the new appearance of the elevated road and avenue networks?

My reason for asking lies in this Japanese facelift mod: http://hide-inoki.com/bbs/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=818

I downloaded and installed the facelift MOD before NAM 30 was released because I wanted the elevated road networks in my cities to have that similar appearance. But with the release of NAM 30, some of the avenue puzzle pieces now have conflicting models and textures. Here is a screenshot of what I mean:

I will be honest and admit that I like the Japanese facelift appearance far more than the NAM 30 appearance for these networks, but if there is currently no known way to remedy this conflict, then I will be content with it. :)

Tarkus

The Japanese Facelift was set to work with the original setup of the Avenue Viaducts, in which the two halves were clones instead of mirrors.  Unless the Japanese mod is changed to reflect the new exemplar setup, it won't be fully compatible.  There are also a number of new pieces that exist in NAM Version 30 (such as the new orthogonal-to-diagonal transitions, FlexSPUI in the RHW) that aren't covered.

-Alex

shinkansen1

Quote from: Tarkus on October 01, 2011, 05:24:51 PM
The Japanese Facelift was set to work with the original setup of the Avenue Viaducts, in which the two halves were clones instead of mirrors.  Unless the Japanese mod is changed to reflect the new exemplar setup, it won't be fully compatible.  There are also a number of new pieces that exist in NAM Version 30 (such as the new orthogonal-to-diagonal transitions, FlexSPUI in the RHW) that aren't covered.

-Alex
I understand. It seems like you guys decided to mirror the two halves in order to include a center lane in the network, but this raises more questions. (I'm sorry if it gets annoying)

Why was it decided that a center lane would be included in the raised avenue networks?
Does the center lane have a functionality purpose, or is it purely cosmetic?
Is there any possibility that, like the raised rail network, there will be other styles of the raised road networks in future versions of the NAM?

I know that in its current state the facelift mod will no longer be fully compatible with the raised avenue network, but I may still continue to use it due to the "pavement-under-network" ability of the mod. It really does add a great vidual element to the network, and I am most grateful that you guys developed the raised roads for the game. I don't think there is any other part of the NAM that I have ever used more. :)

jdenm8

Quote from: shinkansen1 on October 01, 2011, 06:00:56 PM
Why was it decided that a center lane would be included in the raised avenue networks?
It was the personal preference of the creator, Tarkus, reflecting local conditions. A more international setup would lack that flush Median and replace it with a raised one, but none of us has had enough time/energy to produce one.

Does the center lane have a functionality purpose, or is it purely cosmetic?
Purely cosmetic. No reason for a central turn lane on an underpass unless you're reconstructing the Atlanta underground and no - We will not humour requests for these.

Is there any possibility that, like the raised rail network, there will be other styles of the raised road networks in future versions of the NAM?
Possibly. I'm considering creating an Australian Motorway-style mod which mostly features different barriers and a raised median.

but I may still continue to use it due to the "pavement-under-network" ability of the mod.
That functionality is actually a separate, but included file, I'm just not sure which one.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

shinkansen1

Thank you so much for your response. That answers all of the questions I had about the elevated road and avenue puzzle pieces! :D

With those out of the way, I have discovered something unusual while dragging elevated rail in my cities. I noticed that wherever the elevated rail has pillars, the NAM Team's "El-Rail Facelift Mod" (by MIncroabl) has no effect; no props or texture underneath the network. When I clicked on the problem area, the pillar disappeared and the facelift mod took effect, leaving a very long stretch (about 5 tiles) of textures underneath the elevated rail, but no pillars and often times no props. I checked another city that I worked on before installing NAM 30 and fould that the facelift mod had taken effect on the entire elevated rail network, but also that there were no pillars on the entire network. But when I clicked on any part of the elevated rail in that city, any part of it that had pillars now no longer had and props or textures.

Does this new version of the NAM make the El-Rail Facelift Mod previously mentioned obsolete? And why do you suppose that the pillars of the elevated rail are acting weird? ()what()

Tarkus

If you're using the new GLR Drag Extension Plugin (which adds two additional GLR types with interchangeable base textures), it won't work with MIncroabl's mod.  In order for the interchangeable base texture functionality to work, the default pillar placing mechanism of the Elevated Rail network had to be disabled, with the pillars being converted to a Type21 Exemplar placement setup.  As some of the recent posts in this thread describe, there's still some wackiness with the Type21s due to the conflict with the Maxis trackside prop Type21s.

To the best of my knowledge, both the GLR Drag Extension and the El-Rail Facelift Mod alter the same Type21 Exemplars, and thus, conflict.  MIncroabl hasn't been seen in 3 1/2 years, so the likelihood of him updating the mod is virtually none.

-Alex

shinkansen1

Quote from: Tarkus on October 02, 2011, 12:49:24 AM
If you're using the new GLR Drag Extension Plugin (which adds two additional GLR types with interchangeable base textures), it won't work with MIncroabl's mod.  In order for the interchangeable base texture functionality to work, the default pillar placing mechanism of the Elevated Rail network had to be disabled, with the pillars being converted to a Type21 Exemplar placement setup.  As some of the recent posts in this thread describe, there's still some wackiness with the Type21s due to the conflict with the Maxis trackside prop Type21s.

To the best of my knowledge, both the GLR Drag Extension and the El-Rail Facelift Mod alter the same Type21 Exemplars, and thus, conflict.  MIncroabl hasn't been seen in 3 1/2 years, so the likelihood of him updating the mod is virtually none.

-Alex
Thanks for clearing that up so quickly! :D I now know how I am going to fix this, thanks to your explanation. Draggable GLR would be nice, but currently I have not used it, so I'm going to stick with the ploppable GLR networks so I can keep the facelift mod working. Thank you all so much! :thumbsup: