• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

I can confirm it on my end. Seems to be the only piece that's messed up, so if it can be fixed by a simple patch it may as well be.

Also, FARHW Diamond and FlexSPUI don't have LHD textures at all(NOT completely tested). This needs to be fixed, again, a single quick download would suffice if possible...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

I can't confirm it.  It works perfectly fine here on my end.  It could be an Irish/South African texture set issue, or, judging by the way you have a rather abrupt transition to a PS Maxis Highway, there may be other factors in play.

-Alex

eggman121

I think I found a missing texture on the Diagonal FAR Entrance...

Its easily fixed though. If you are savvy enough (and know how to use Ilives reader) and have NAM 31.1 still lying around all you need to do is find the "5e13183e" texture and copy it from the RealHighway_FractionalAngleNetworking.dat from NAM 31.1 to the same file found in NAM31.2.

!Please do not try this if you are not comfortable with using Ilives reader or are new to modifying in general!

Just let the experts (The NAM Team) fix it if you think you can't.   

-eggman121

Wiimeiser

Quote from: Tarkus on June 04, 2013, 10:15:57 PM
I can't confirm it.  It works perfectly fine here on my end.  It could be an Irish/South African texture set issue, or, judging by the way you have a rather abrupt transition to a PS Maxis Highway, there may be other factors in play.

-Alex

I tested it myself and got it so it's an issue with the new texture set, note it's not aligned with Symphony. As I mentioned before, it's the only one I know is broken although others are reverting to US and Euro textures, such as the DRIs and RHW-6C to RHW2+4 and FlexSPUI. If it's a matter of replacing one file(other than the controller), hopefully it could be fixed pretty easily.

MandelSoft

Quote from: eggman121 on June 04, 2013, 10:20:13 PM
I think I found a missing texture on the Diagonal FAR Entrance...

Its easily fixed though. If you are savvy enough (and know how to use Ilives reader) and have NAM 31.1 still lying around all you need to do is find the "5e13183e" texture and copy it from the RealHighway_FractionalAngleNetworking.dat from NAM 31.1 to the same file found in NAM31.2.

!Please do not try this if you are not comfortable with using Ilives reader or are new to modifying in general!

Just let the experts (The NAM Team) fix it if you think you can't.   

-eggman121

DARN! It seems that I deleted that one file too many when merging the new FARHW stuff and corrected textures together!

Quote from: WolfGuy100 on June 04, 2013, 07:44:02 PM
Found a new problem.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
When I was cycling to a correct ramp, the entry ramp look SO messed up.
Oi, seems like I assigned bad IIDs to that ramp, but it's nothing that can be solved with a simple patch ;)

EDIT: Here's a small patch for now to fix the AVE-4xFARHW-4 interfaces and the RHW-6S Style A2 ramp
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

WolfGuy100

@MandelSoft, thank you very much! Hate to sound like a total noob, but do I put it in plugins folder or...NAM? I may be a bit of a tech savvy but when it come to something as complex as this, I have no idea! XD

metarvo

WolfGuy, the patch will go in the NAM folder.

The diagonal RHW-6S C-type ramps have RHW-4 paths.  In addition, they seem to have the same texture problem the RHW-4 equivalent has.

I'm quite pleased this particular ramp is included, by the way.  It provides ramps for diagonal RHW-6S at long last.  :thumbsup:

I also note that the additional RHW options in the American textures caused me to get those white lines on the shoulders medians rather than the yellow ones I know and love.  Is this supposed to happen?  I had to re-install it without this feature activated.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MandelSoft

Quote from: metarvo on June 05, 2013, 07:38:07 AM
I also note that the additional RHW options in the American textures caused me to get those white lines on the shoulders rather than the yellow ones I know and love.  Is this supposed to happen?  I had to re-install it without this feature activated.
Yes, then you have the Norway set selected. This set has white median lines on separated roads, but yellow lines on unseparated ones like the RHW-2, RHW-3, RD-2, etc.

If you want the yellow lines on the outside, you select the Ireland-South African Texture Set. This will require the rest of the Euro textures to work properly

metarvo

:-[  Oops!  I meant medians, not shoulders (American yellow lines on the inside).  Sorry!
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Wiimeiser

MandelSoft

^^ It looks like you still haven't applied the patch I posted above...

But yeah, FARHW-4xAVE-4 ramp interfaces still need some texture re-alingment...

eggman121

Quote from: spot on June 05, 2013, 03:22:19 PM

I have taken the liberty of correcting the textures for the FARHW / Ave 4 intersection as shown below.

I have only corrected the dual FARHW Ave 4 Intersection for comparison reasons but I will fix the rest of the intersections tonight.

You only need to move the intersection up by 6 pixels to correct the problem. If a NAM team member would like to contact or PM me regarding this texture fix so they can save some time on fixing it themselves feel free to do so.

-eggman121

Momo.kimchii

I'm having issues with creating turning lanes in road x road intersections, for odd reason, I can't make through using the rail tool. It did work perfectly fine with the previous NAM 31.1.
Here's a pic:

I'm also having an Issue with some of the ramps and transition pieces of the RHW. I'm using the standard Euro textures with no other options and RHW options. However, I think I'm getting some American or default textures showing.  Another pic:

eggman121

Quote from: Momo.kimchii on June 06, 2013, 12:38:31 AM
I'm having issues with creating turning lanes in road x road intersections, for odd reason, I can't make through using the rail tool. It did work perfectly fine with the previous NAM 31.1.
Here's a pic:

The tool you need to use is the OWR tool. Apparently there where problems with the rail tool to activate the turning lanes  ;)

Wiimeiser

MandelSoft

Ugh! The IIDs are screwed up... again... Back to the drawing board...

Quote from: Momo.kimchii on June 06, 2013, 12:38:31 AM
I'm also having an Issue with some of the ramps and transition pieces of the RHW. I'm using the standard Euro textures with no other options and RHW options. However, I think I'm getting some American or default textures showing.  Another pic:

First off, none of these are default textures. Second, it looks like you have all textures installed at once, or that you have all the LHD support files installed for all RHW texture sets (which shouldn't happen in the first place, but it could be an installer bug). Can you check if I'm right?

MandelSoft

Double post, but I just got this fix ready. This should do the job ;)

WolfGuy100

Quote from: MandelSoft on June 06, 2013, 10:48:33 AM
Double post, but I just got this fix ready. This should do the job ;)

Wasn't that the same files I already put in my NAM folder?

PS: I hate this stupid letter image thing before posting, had a hard time posting this due to the difficulties to read the letters in verification thing.

MandelSoft

The files are updated. Check the date of change. Just override them ;)