• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patricius Maximus

@Tarkus: A month ago? We can barely guess what progress you've made since then. It's fun to speculate  :D

I think the textures are a little off, but SA is going to release a new version of his textures concurrently with v21, so I don't think that'll be a problem  ;)

In short, FANTASTIC work you're doing  &apls &apls &apls. I'll be preparing for a new generation of monster highways  ::)

nerdly_dood

Those aren't bad! The RHW-6C looks pretty realistic, particularly that weird shoulder thing in between the lanes.

I-81 near Christiansburg, VA has some collector/express lanes, and they left lots of room for future lane expansion when they built it - it's basically four single-sided RHW-4s, with the express lanes having plenty of room on the pavement to be 3 or 4 lanes per side, but the collector lanes are pretty much stuck at 2 lanes.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Kitsune

RHW-8, oh I cant wait for that. I'm building my sunken highways with a few extra tiles in preparation for that release :)
~ NAM Team Member

pilotdaryl

deion30296

I have an idea for Dual 8 lane RHW (RHW 4 side by side). What about a puzzle piece that allows the transferring traffic from one set to the set next to it?
My Pokemon Brings All the Girls To the Yard
Their like, Do you wanna trade cards?
Damn Right, I wanna trade cards;
I can beat, I've got Charizard
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

j-dub

A fast transfer? I think that may have been shown and requested already.

deathtopumpkins

That's already been confirmed for one of the future versions. It is a much needed piece though.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

el_cozu

you mean like a left sided exit?...

if you are in a fontage road or local lanes for a RHW... have an exit on the left side so you can actually get into the main lanes?

gn_leugim

deion30296

Yes. Exactly what I mean, here in Atlanta we have left side exits for the right side of the road. The road splits up and the ramp goes over the Southbound side and ends on an embankment and then goes to the MARTA station. That MARTA station was built for the highway and the highway only.

Also, The fast transfers would be needed for highways like the 8 lane highway in Borealine County that's coming to the SC Community soon.

CLICK FOR FULL QUALITY!

Sample Photos:

1024 x 768

1024 x 768

Jack_wilds

Hey Tarkus and NAM Team... Jack wilds here

Its all good  :thumbsup: waiting in anticipation the next releases  :satisfied:

see ya -Jack

MandelSoft

Wow, a pic of the El-RHW  &apls

Can you do something about this transition (you see the HRS mod on the right with SA textures, thats just maxit highway)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

Three nice pictures of the RHW and elevated RHW there, Tarkus!

Toichus Maximus

The RHW6 is two tiles wide, though. It'd need a special puzzle piece and not just texture overrides, if it could be done at all. (At least, that's how I understand it).

Tarkus

Quote from: Toichus Maximus on June 29, 2008, 01:43:43 PM
The RHW6 is two tiles wide, though. It'd need a special puzzle piece and not just texture overrides, if it could be done at all. (At least, that's how I understand it).

Yes, that's exactly the issue.  Unfortunately, there's not really any convenient way to do it draggable and still have it be stable. 

While I'm at it . . . how about another month-old pic?

This shows that the El-RHW is separable, just like the ground one.

-Alex (Tarkus)

deion30296

Beautiful. Will it  be compatible with other textures?

Tarkus

Quote from: deion30296 on June 29, 2008, 03:42:35 PM
Beautiful. Will it  be compatible with other textures?

Indeed it will.  You'll be able to use Shadow Assassin's or any others out there.  It's also possible to change the texture on the supports as well.

-Alex (Tarkus)

deion30296

Now that's cool. :thumbsup: $%Grinno$% You guys have really brought up the bar!

godjcjk12

nice job Tarkus. can't wait for the new RHW. will their be wider EL-RHW?

deion30296

It should be. The NAM Team always thinks of things ahead.