• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

I vote for TheTeaCat's picture, too:

7-0 TTC

Slann

I am going to TheTeaCat as well

8-0 TTC
Imperial Representative of the Viceroyalty of Dominea

Sciurus

Sorry art' but TTC is better so
TTC 9-0 Arthur
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

rooker1

I will cast the decideing vote with an explanation.

I don't think it's very fair that art loses by such a large margin, but the picture is out of focus in the two top corners.  If not for that, I think the picture is great and I may have voted against TTC's.  &mmm
Arthor if you could wait for the computer to finish paiting the screen and come back and enter this picture again, I'm sure you will do much better.  &apls

TTC, your picture is very good.  This farming area of yours just might get you another picture into the HoF.  &apls

TTC to win.
10 - TTC
0 - art128

Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Conglutation TTC  :thumbsup:

warszawa  The computer don't finish to charge  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

TheSixCents

Ill Try

Poljit Main Slope Ski Lift (Summer)

sebes

And bringing TheTeaCats pic over :

TheTeaCat's Riverside Stables

My vote goes to TTC again: 1/0
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

thundercrack83

I'll go with TTC, as well.

3-0, TTC.

warszawa

Me 4 :)

TheTeaCat - 4
TheSixCents - 0
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

porter66083

OK.... time for a vote:

TTC: Not the best picture I've seen from you, but it still has an over all realistic quality. I personally loved the last one you threw in for voting. It feels like the picture has a muddy color to it in a way. I don't know if it's intended, but it gives it a dullness.

SixCents: You've gotten my attention. You have custom bat's (good), nice bright colors (good) and even realistic use of flora (good). But, um.... what's the picture of? Not knowing what I'm looking at confuses me and kills your inherently good picture.

So.... looks like once again I'm siding with Derry.

5-0 TheTeaCat

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

"Ok class... this week we graduate from 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to 'Bazooka, Tear Gas, Butcher Knife'..." -derived from a Maki Murakami manga

tcx

The picture of SixCents is different, so my vote goes to his pic.

TheTeaCat - 5
TheSixCents - 1

art128

I vote to TheSixCents
5 -TTC
2 TheSixCents :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

I vote for TTC's picture:

6 - TheTeaCat
2 - TheSixCents

ussagus

I vote for TheTeaCat's picture:

7 - TheTeaCat
2 - TheSixCents

Alfred.Jones

My vote goes to the Cat

TheTeaCat - 8
TheSixCents - 2

Sim City 4 Devotion

Sciurus

I vote for TheTeaCat, so
9-TheTeaCat
2-TheSixCents

And after, I would like to try if you like ;)
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

etherian

Riverside Stables by TheTeaCat is an excellent scene of rural development, the placements of all the elements suggest careful planning, an eye for detail and superb technical skill. If I have a bone to pick, it is mostly to do with the composition of the image. Its a little too bottom-heavy with the majority of interest being confined to the lower parts of the picture, I would suggest rotating the camera 90° so that the shoreline appears at about two-thirds of the width of the picture - that should help balance it out a little better.

TheSixCents provides a very interesting entry, the ski-lift pylons are quite well done, but the lack of shadows really stands out. I would also suggest revealing a little more of the surrounding resort, in this case, perhaps one zoom level out would have been a better choice - as the composition suffers without a true, defining anchor or element. I do like the relative openness of the terrain, which is explained nicely with a simple title - something I personally would like to see more of in this competition ;)

On these points, my vote goes to TheTeaCat.

TheTeaCat - 10
TheSixCents - 2

The round is complete, congratulations to TheTeacCat on entering yet another fine entry into the Hall of Fame.
We need two new challengers!
Typographia - Type as Cities" border="0

Types as Cities | Now Showing: Lucida

sebes

Quote from: sciurus54 on July 19, 2008, 06:26:02 AM
And after, I would like to try if you like ;)

You can post a new picture as soon as this round is over (if one of the pictures has their 10th vote, or if the round lasted 24 hours and has a winner). Only if you make the 10th vote yourself you'd have to wait for at least 30 minutes before you can enter the competition with a picture.  ;)

So - you can post immediately now... good luck!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

TheTeaCat

Masochist, Art128 and The Six Cents

thank you all for giving me a good competition. &apls &apls

And to everyone who voted Riverside Stables to the HoF. :thumbsup:

There were some wonderful comments posted to which I would like to say

Quote from: threestooges on July 17, 2008, 12:56:56 PM
Riverside Stables by TTC is a really well done pic. Again, he is showing the fine detail of a well made farm area (equestrian this time). Something about the way the waves are coming in seems a bit off. At the beaches around here, they seem to roll in linearly from a single direction (or at least that's my take on it) and that one on the left seems a bit out of place as a result. But if that is where I am finding 'fault' with this pic, that's not too bad.

great words here my friend, the waves are part of an experiment I was doing with Ennedi's mod and had forgot it was active when I took the pic :) pretend its the wake from a boat that's just past out of the pic ;)

Quote from: Cockatoo-210893 on July 17, 2008, 03:32:21 PM
My vote goes to Masochist again, I love it, it's a HoF'er for sure! TTC, your picture is great, but the effects made it to grey and hard to make out the detail that I want to see.

I was trying to simulate an overcast day when I was editing the pic. You will be able to see more detail as this area will be featured in my next update in my MD ;)

Quote from: rooker1 on July 18, 2008, 09:08:34 AM
I will cast the deciding vote with an explanation.

I don't think it's very fair that art loses by such a large margin, but the picture is out of focus in the two top corners.  If not for that, I think the picture is great and I may have voted against TTC's.  &mmm
Arthor if you could wait for the computer to finish painting the screen and come back and enter this picture again, I'm sure you will do much better.  &apls

I agree with you here Robin, Art did not deserve to lose by such a margin,it's a good pic just a few details to sort and it could have been a much harder round

Quote from: porter66083 on July 18, 2008, 03:41:46 PM
TTC: Not the best picture I've seen from you, but it still has an over all realistic quality. I personally loved the last one you threw in for voting. It feels like the picture has a muddy color to it in a way. I don't know if it's intended, but it gives it a dullness.

As I said to Cockatoo I was trying for a cloudy day feeling but closer pics of the area will be available to viewing real soon.

Quote from: etherian on July 19, 2008, 06:36:01 AM
Riverside Stables by TheTeaCat is an excellent scene of rural development, the placements of all the elements suggest careful planning, an eye for detail and superb technical skill. If I have a bone to pick, it is mostly to do with the composition of the image. Its a little too bottom-heavy with the majority of interest being confined to the lower parts of the picture, I would suggest rotating the camera 90° so that the shoreline appears at about two-thirds of the width of the picture - that should help balance it out a little better

Thank you for great critique, Now that you pointed out the fact its bottom-heavy I can see exactly what you mean. I knew something was wrong but couldn't spot it till you said.:)
I shall revisit the area and get new pics and try your advice but have some closeups as said before so why not pop in to TatTT and check 'em out when I post the update ;)

Best of luck to the next 2 competitors :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II