• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

My vote goes to Jim as well

4-0 in his favour

Nardo69

Schulmanator,

seems to be your pic has the same fate as mine before even though the gir is on on jmyers ...

Oh boy, 10-0, was my pic THAT bad?  &cry2

I vote for Schulmanator, I am pretty undecided but I think how this is going to end so

4-1 for JMyers

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

capo

Quote from: Nardo69 on December 10, 2007, 11:37:12 PM
Oh boy, 10-0, was my pic THAT bad?  &cry2

No my friend your picture looked great but jmyers his picture was THAT good :)

jmyers gets my vote on this one, though I'm kind of hooked on monkey island..

5-1 jmyers

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

ussagus

rooker1

This a tough one.
jmeyers pic is great, alot of hard work went into reLotting it, everything about the pic is perfect, but the gird is on.
Schulmanator pic is also great, lots of life, cars and people are in the shot, and I can't find any faults.
So I will will vote for Schulmanator.

&apls &apls  to both pics.

6/2  jmeyers

and I'll bring the pics over.

jmeyers

VS

Schulmanator

Good luck to you both.
Robin   :thumbsup:

Call me Robin, please.

bat

I will vote for Schulmanator's picture:

6/3  jmeyers.

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

rushman5

Both focal points are of marvelous BATs, but I'll

vote for jmeyers, his pic steals my rural-loving soul
8-4 Jmeyers

thundercrack83

RippleJet

I'll give it to JMyers, who is now in the Hall of Fame! &apls

10-4

Who's up for the next round? ::)
Two new pictures needed. :)

dsrwhat316

i'll give it another go  :P

The latest project in Jeylin City's huge building boom, now completed.

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

Travis

I'm up for the challenge, Dan.  :)

"Rainy Night"

RippleJet

That is a Rainy Night, indeed! ;D

1-0 to Travis

jmyers2043

To all, Nardo, Capo, and Shulimator.

First Nardo. This was my first ever entry into the picture competition. Your reputation precedes you. I used to play farm regions on flat land until I saw how wonderful farms looked on hilly terrain. Your screen shots are inspiring to me. I read and reread the farming tutorials that you incorporated into your Journal at Simtropolis. You have a keen eye for nice Simscapes and your Mayor's Diary is interesting to read. I was nervous when deciding to enter the competition – especially against you.

Capo appeared on the SC4D scene with a thunderous crash.  The time you spend on your diary is evident and your creativity teaches me so many things. I am sorry that I don't have your imagination to make interesting shore lines. I thought that I was sunk for sure when you entered the competition.

Shulminator – I always judge pictures more critically during their third rounds. That is where I really wonder if they are good enough. And I am sorry to say that people started to discover the flaws that my picture had. First thing I learned is to turn off the grid. Secondly – pay attention to very game square.  But this was my first picture and I'll not make those mistakes again.

To all – My first thought was one of embarrassment when I clicked the 'post reply' button and officially entered the competition. The reason is because I was not responsible for any props, buildings, or textures on the lot. I used other peoples work. From the JB Grain Elevator, to Jestars props, to Cycledogs brilliant textures, and North Country Dudes rail overlays. I have learned through this that creativity is not solely for those who make or generate new thought, song, prose, or art. But also includes those of us who see possibility beyond what the original creator intends. Taking existing concepts and ideas - or in our case - using existing bats, textures, and props to make new things and old things afresh. That is what makes SimCity as new today for me as it was years ago.

My thanks to all who share their ideas in the picture competition thread, spend their creative energies in a Mayor's Diary, and to all those who just visit and make comments. Making SC4Devotion a special place.

Best regards – Jim Myers

My vote goes to Travis' Rainy Night who now leads 2-0.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

Jim IMHO I'm very happy you made it to the HoF for the very first time and your pic was stunning, See using others people stuff is a great combo and you did a fantastic job on that as well!!! You deserve this!!!!

&apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls

OK now on to my vote:

Travis your rainy nite is very good and its well depicted with a shore line BTW welcome back and I'm glad to see you around!!!

Dan, Jeylins building boom i think is real fantastic and the use of the Palms that are lighted up are a great touch and lite columns also.....

Travis like i said i really liked your pic but Dan pulled it off this time, So my vote is Dan aka Dsrwhat316

2 - Travis

1 - Dan

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Yoman

That rain looks like what we're going to get on Thursday   &mmm

But still a great shot so I will give my vote for Travis, 3-1 Travis

EDGE4194

both are very good, but i think travis captures my interest just a bit more.
4/1 travis

threestooges

Dan's pic shows a great mix of different lots, etc. but I think Travis' pic is really smooth. Few pieces, but well used.

5-1 Travis

rooker1

Well said Jim.  ()stsfd()

6/1 Travis

&apls &apls to both pics

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.