• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Draggable Avenue Roundabout

Started by Mad_genius, August 15, 2009, 02:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad_genius

Hi everybody!

I've been using the NAM for some years now and there's something that I keep asking myself while using the avenue roundabout so I thought of suggesting this here on the forum (although I guess I'm not the first one to have this idea).

When you plop an avenue roundabout and remove the middle 2x2 grass tiles what remains is a 4x4 square with nothing in the middle.

Wouldn't it be more simple to make an avenue roundabout by dragging a 4x4 square of one-way-road just like we do for the 3x3 road roundabout?

Andreas

I'm not a RUL expert, but I think it won't work that way. The Avenue Roundabout puzzle piece is a pretty ingenious thing actually, which uses a smaller puzzle piece (the four tiles in the middle) to place the actual roundabout, so it is more or less "automatically dragged" for you. The Diagonal Street helper puzzle pieces work in a similar way, since you can't drag diagonal streets directly (only with the zig-zag technique). You do not need to remove the 2x2 grass area, if you don't want to, but if you do, you can place any lot inside, which is also an nice feature.
Andreas

Mad_genius

To bad it won't work.

I just asked because I find draggable things very easy to use (like the draggable GLR or HSR). I think it would be so cool if we had as many draggable things as possible, like the elevated road puzzle pieces for example.

But I guess we must accept the limitations that the game has.

io_bg

I think draggable elevated pieces are possible (I've seen such pictures) but probably they aren't made. (or are in development)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

Quote from: io_bg on August 16, 2009, 02:20:56 PM
I think draggable elevated pieces are possible (I've seen such pictures) but probably they aren't made. (or are in development)

Well, technically, there already are draggable elevated pieces in the RHW.  It can be done with the other networks, and I had worked up a crude prototype at one point of Draggable Elevated Road.

There are still going to be situations in which the puzzle pieces come in handy, though, and as Andreas mentioned, there are some situations (like the Avenue Roundabouts) where puzzle piece setups are more flexible.  We also have to be careful about running out of starter pieces, too.

-Alex