• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mallorca

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2008, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeronij

After a long time thinking about it, I have decided to join all my SC4D efforts and knowledge into a new, and probably definitive, project. I say definitive, becuase it is so huge that I dont think I will start another region (seriously) again, and not because I dont plan to continue playing  $%Grinno$% .

I have decided to recreate the island of Mallorca (Majorca) as detailed as possible. This is the island where I live, and it has an amazing geography which includes mountains, plains, lots of shoreline, not many rivers, but plenty of streams and creeks. I have decided to not put a time limit on making this region, so it will take a while to complete, if completed ever  ::) .  Now, after almost two weeks of playing/creating, I start to have some pictures which are worth to show. As you will see, this will be an step by step project, and I hope to be able to accomplish the 45 days/update rule without problems  ;D

Anyway, I will leave this first post for the introduction and the Table Of Contents, and I will post the first update in the next post.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

UPDATE 1 21/01/2008 - Port de Soller  - Lighthouses

UPDATE 2 23/01/2008 - Port de Soller  - First small residential resort

UPDATE 3 03/02/2008 - Port de Soller - Planning

UPDATE 4 05/02/2008 - Port de Soller - First stream - 1

UPDATE 5 21/03/2008 - Port de Soller - The Docks

UPDATE 6 23/03/2008 - Port de Soller - Building on Slopes Part 1

UPDATE 7 26/03/2008 - Port de Soller - Building on Slopes Part 2

UPDATE 8 28/03/2008 - Port de Soller - Building on Slopes Part 3 (and last for the moment)

UPDATE 9 11/04/2008 - Port de Soller - Starting the military base

UPDATE 10 20/04/2008 - Port de Soller - Finishing the fishing docks

UPDATE 11 30/05/2008 - Port de Soller - Starting the military base

UPDATE 12 12/04/2009 - Port de Soller - Starting the first military pier

UPDATE 13 18/04/2009 - Port de Soller - Finishing the first military pier

UPDATE 14 01/05/2009 - Port de Soller - Finishing the second military pier

UPDATE 15 16/05/2009 - Port de Soller - The "hidden" bunkers

UPDATE 15A 18/05/2009 - Port de Soller - Some terrain changes...

UPDATE 16 19/06/2009 - Port de Soller - The church and the soccer field
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

jeronij

Mallorca region was gently created by MallowTheCloud (NHP) some time ago after a personal request. The island is recreated to 1:1 scale, so it is really huge  ::) . In fact it comes in three regions,which can be downloaded here:

West Mallorca by MallowTheCloud (The region I am actually playing)
NorthEast Mallorca  by MallowTheCloud
SouthEast Mallorca  by MallowTheCloud

A big thanks go from here to MTC for this fantastic maps  :thumbsup:

I will start with a Terraformer (Thanks Wou  :thumbsup: ) Region View .... perhaps you can see the city of Port de Soller, where I started to build...

Port the Soller is located to the North of this image, and it is the only natural port in the whole north coast of Mallorca. This strategical situation made it an important naval crossroads along the history. The most remarcable notice of these old times are the lighthouses and military instalations in the Port de Soller harbour:

1  Cap Gros lighthouse
2  Current military lighthouse
3  Old military lighthouse (on stormy days, the wawes were crossing over it ¡¡¡ )
4  Current military lighthouse house

In this old picture you can see both old lighthouses ( old Cap Gros to the left, which does not exist anymore  &mmm , and the old (working) military lighthouse to the right). I think this picture is really nice, and shows the spectacular position of the Cap gros lighthouse  ()stsfd()

This is an actual picture of the Cap Gros lighthouse....

... and the way I recreated it in MAX  ;D

These are some views on the military lighthouses:
2 Current military lighthouse
3 Old (ruins) military lighthouse
4 Lighthouse mitary personnel house

... and again the way I recreated those in MAX

Military lightouse

Old Military lighthouse

Lighouse Military house

And finally some in game pictures.... you will have to excuse the poor quality of the details.... I am in the process of creating some additional customized lots for this region, which should help to improve the mediterranean look  ::)  . I do also need to warm up my city building skills, because it's been a long time since I seriously played this great game  $%Grinno$%

Anyway, here they come

In this picture you can see the first steps in creating the place for the Cap Gros lighthouse.... I will change the road to street soon  ::)

A front perspective from the area...

In this one you can also see the placement are for the military lighthouses

And one of my favourites perspectives...

Finally some details on the first lighthouse model...

I really like the way it looks like, however, some changes are going to be done in that area, to make it better fit reallity...  $%#Ninj2

And that is all for this first update.... I hope you keep liking this "style" of MD'ing  ;)  :D  :D

And thaks to all those of you who posted while I was editing this post  :thumbsup: --- Now is when it really starts  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Ennedi

Great news! Jeronij starts a new MD!  &dance

I am very curious of your new ideas and - I think - new look at the game  :)
I love Baleares, never have I been on Mallorca, but spent some time on Ibiza - I have much photos from this beautiful place, I hope I will visit these islands again  ;)

Good luck Jeronij and don't hurry, all of us know you are very busy  :)
Let it be at first a pleasure for you , then for us

Adam

Edit: I have just seen pictures!  :thumbsup:
I want these lighthouses!  :D
Tell me please, which water mod do you use - I'm afraid I haven't seen it yet, and it looks excellent!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

praiodan

Hi jeronij!

This sounds quite promising and I'm wishing you best of luck with this huge project. And of course I'm looking very much forward to seeing the first pics - hoping that you won't forget about all the german tourists (you know, Mallorca is inofficially the 17th federal state of Germany  $%Grinno$%:D

Shadow Assassin

It's a very charming placeholder, I love all the details about it.

;)

Just kidding. Waiting for the update to turn up. No rush.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

mightygoose

didnt you recreate a mediterranean island previously? wasn't it actually this particular one?? ive got major deja vu, good luck regardless, can't wait to see some pictures.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

praiodan

Quote from: mightygoose on January 20, 2008, 03:44:37 AM
didnt you recreate a mediterranean island previously? wasn't it actually this particular one?? ive got major deja vu, good luck regardless, can't wait to see some pictures.

I think it was ejc who tried that...

sebes

Jeronij, glad to see you start a MD that will but your base-island in the picture! Never been there, but it must be beautifull - I once saw a TV programme on a train voyage accross the island - spectacular! 
Anyhow, I am sure it will be a joy to see you sculpting the island, looking foward to your updates here. For one, I do love the colors used in the picture: that is my favorite blue  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

warconstruct

hasten to see the first images!
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

jeronij

Thanks to all for the kind wishes  :thumbsup:

The first pictures are posted.... I hope you like them  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

TheTeaCat

What a wonderful start you have made here Jeroni &apls &apls

Unfortunately I've never been to your Island ( very hard to cycle across water) so am looking forward to following your recreation of it.

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Shadow Assassin

Okay, now that the update is up:

I quite like the modelling of the lighthouses, but I have one question: why is the military lighthouse textured so differently to that of the RL version? Is there any particular reason for that particular texture being used? I would've thought you would've just used a more plain brick texture? Is it just to accentuate the details?

Also, just out of curiosity, do those lighthouses have the same effect as used on the default Maxis one? It'd be so cool seeing them shine the beam across the water...

I er, don't know where Port de Soller is, though... that map is huge.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

Great start there of your new MD, jeronij!

And wonderful light house there! Also great pictures of it! :thumbsup:

szarkoz

Wow!

A new MD from Jeronij! It's already so good, who knows how great it'll be in the future. I like the BATs you've made, and the overall mediterranean look appeals to me very much. I can't wait for more, and I'll definitely follow this.
If you can't read my nick, just call me Tom.

kimcar

&apls &aplsGreat to see that you start another MD :thumbsup:Great lighthouse you have done too . It`s nice to compare with the RL one. Looking forward and have fun

iamgoingtoeatyou

:o This is going to be good!

dsrwhat316

all right, a jeronij MD! i remember your work back on Simtropolis, and I was inspired by it.

already loving the first pics with your new custom BATs. i'll be back for more!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

vester

Best news of the day: Jeronij is back with a new MD  &hlp &hlp &hlp

Great start.  :thumbsup:

beskhu3epnm

Jeroni... one of my main inspirations in the SC4 community creates a MD.  :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

Back to school I go... time to learn some new tricks!

Love how you manage the terrain so well with roadways, lighthouses, etc. That looks incredible. My expectations have already been exceeded.... &apls

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

DebussyMan

This is going to be a wonderful MD, no doubt  :)

I'm eagerly waiting to see how you'll integrate your custom content into recreating accurately your region. So far it looks great with those light houses. I know it is very hard, as problems arrive when less expected because of the many differences between the real world and SC4 (I've tried and failed &mmm ) but I'm sure that with your great skills you'll come up with some very clever solutions for those sorts of problems.

Buena suerte!   ;D

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0