• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBSimio

Alright Pat... I've looked everywhere, and still can't find the giant mango you advertised in this update!  What gives?!?  Oh wait... you're telling me I read that wrong?  Oops...  &ops

It all looks good as usual, my friend.  I can't thing of anything else to say but that!   :thumbsup:  Will the little stub there eventually become another full branch of this river or is it just a drainage type of creek bed?  I suppose I should just be patient and find out... but I thought I'd ask anyway.  ;)

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Pat

OK here is part one to Double shot Thursdays update a wee bit later then i had wanted and I am sorry for that... I had to work gaaaaaah.... So anyway's lets get a move on here with this so without further ado here we goo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone notice any diffrence here so far with this transition at all??? Well I did go back in and fix and add a few things....

Here is a stream with some devolpment along the banks... So now that concludes part one of two for double shot thursday and stay tuned for part two later....  Remember to leave any and all thoughts!!!

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Lilojame

Hi my friend!
Hm, let see... I think that on this one is less "gray rocks or boulders" as on earliers, if I am not wrong you added the "mossy rock", I dont remebrer seeing those plants bright plants in the wather earlier also and not sure, but did you changed the trees around it?
As of the double shot I have to say again, that I like them very much and cant wait to see more! :thumbsup:

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

blade2k5

Very nice Pat.  It's all coming together rather nicely.  I especially like the stream, very peaceful and quiet....and a bit warmer :P than here.  The riverbanks in the first pic looks like it took a while to do and looks so real.... :thumbsup: 

Look forward to part deux :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

kimcar

&apls &apls Great work Pat. I really like how you did your stream. Very realistic. Sorry to ask but how is your health ? Hope is fine. Take care.

Pat

To answer Kim about the status of my health, well currently I am at a stand still right now as in finding anything out... What I do know is that I still hurt which sucks and I had to miss my very first fire call right now and that is driving me totally insane!!!

Being a fire fighter and not able to help well yea anyways I just wont go there right now how I am feeling about that.... Ive been able to handle medical calls at least, as usally those are short and sweet... I wont know any more till monday novemember 24th when I go in finally to see the GI Doc after they cancelled my appointment that I waited for from the 17th lol.... 

OK Here is the second part of today's Double Shot Thursday.... So without further ado here we goo....

SO that will concluded todays updates and replies will follow in full tomorrow on friday!!!! Remember if you stop in please leave a comment and thank you all for supporting me!!!!

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

Not really sure what it is you're going to do in the dark patch of water in the fork, unless the water is just deeper there. ::)  A showstopping second half I say :thumbsup:  Great double-update today Pat.  Nice work  &apls

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

Lilojame

Hey there Pat!

Ouch, I feel with you mate! I wish you all the best.

As for the pictures, yey, me likey-like them. And lol, I love that movie.  :D

Looking foward to see more!

Have fun,
Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

JBSimio

Surprisingly enough... things continue to look good around here!  Who ever woulda thunk it, huh?  ;)

Sorry to hear that things aren't progessing as well on the health front, my friend.  I've been there before... with the uncertainty and seemingly endless consultations that wind up explaining nothing.  I sometimes think that doctors are really just guessing as much as you or I would.  But, then again, the human body is an extremely complex and complicated piece of work... so can we really blame them all that much?  I mean, honestly... what exactly is a spleen?  And what the hell does it really do?  ;)  Hang in there, Pat... they'll figure it out sooner or later!

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Simpson

This lake is really splendid my friend, so réalistic. Fantastic work on it
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

M4346

I'm sorry to hear about the slow progress on the health front Mr Pat! I trust that things will look up for you in no time and that you'll be back on duty as soon as you can say 'update!'

Which reminds me, in the mean time, we're more than glad to see your splendid updates here! At least there is some positive note on the issue of your health, and I urge you to use the available time to continue to entertain and amaze us!

All of the best, and keep well my friend!

()stsfd()
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000

Pat

OK today is Friday and as I did promiss some replies today here they are in full and once again thank you all for your most wonderful support here to Waterfalls... Just a side note I am working on the replies as I go here so I do appoligze in advance as today is not so hot for me...

Quote from: blade2k5 on November 17, 2008, 03:17:48 PM
Lets see...what does I wants?.......How about the sky and everything underneath it? :party: :D...just kidding of course, world domination ain't my thing $%Grinno$%  I dunno, I'll have to think about it for awhile......

....oh, in case you haven't noticed yet, you only need 997 more replies to hit the 2k mark :P

Troy: Dont worry about there Troy take all the time you need... you only got a few more around 980 more post to go before the 2k mark lol......

Quote from: JBSimio on November 17, 2008, 09:05:31 PM
Another very nice video Pat!   &apls 

Response to your replies...  You're right, I definitely sit at the computer... I spend enough time on my feet in the kitchen, and that doesn't even count the very hilly walk I have to take each morning to get there!  I know exactly what you mean about long days.  This week is a fairly small group (which makes things nice and easy) but it doesn't change the fact that I'm at work for 15 hours or more each time for the next several days.  I don't think you overdid that cattails at all... in fact, if that's what you were aiming for, then it means that I've had two very good guesses in the last week!  I simply meant to say that it was the first thing that came to my mind.  Actually, I'm still trying to finish off Walnut Hills State Park east of Covington... and you're flooding (no pun intended) me with ideas.   :)

I wanted to be one of the four replies you needed to reach that magical number... but unfortunately, I couldn't watch the video on my work computer.  (Apparently I'm missing a plugin of some sort, but that's beside the point)  In fact, I'm off to watch Paul's newest video next!  :D  You were right... the rapids show up much better in the animation.  The whole river (or is it a creek?) looks extremely good.  Congratulations on hitting the millenium milestone!   :thumbsup:

See you next time,
JB

Jon: WoW 15hrs a day eeeks!!!! And I flood you with Idea's lol, I am glad you was able to watch the video finally as it does give a better view of whats happening there...  Also the cattails I was aiming for a RL situation where they do go wild and I am glad you do like it...

Quote from: bat on November 18, 2008, 10:54:45 AM
That's a great looking video there!
And congrats on over 1000 replies!!! &apls &apls

Bat: Thank you my friend!!!

Quote from: paroch on November 18, 2008, 11:16:09 AM
CONGRATS Pat on being only the third MD here at Devotions to break that magic 1,000 mark.  You put a hell of a lot into Waterfalls so it is fully deserved.

Loved the video, nice to see your river "come to life", I really enjoyed seeing it.

And WOW, what a list of supporters.  You should be proud to have had so many people drop in and say something about your work.  And I agree ALL LURKERS - PLEASE POST, even if only to say HI!

Good luck with the next 1,000 replies Pat.

Paul

Paul: Thank you Paul for being sooo very supportive here of Waterfalls and helping me get to 1K mark!!! I am glad you liked the video and I know that list is very loooooong and I couldnt believe it myself either!!!

Quote from: Simpson on November 18, 2008, 11:52:05 AM
Two fantastic pictures my friend as well, also congratulation for having 1000 posts in your super MD  &apls

David: THank you David my friend for your continued support here!!!

Quote from: papab2000 on November 18, 2008, 01:08:27 PM
Way to go Pat,  &apls looking forward to seeing you get to 2k  ;)

Rich: Thank you a million Rich....

Quote from: Jmouse on November 18, 2008, 01:56:27 PM
Congratulations on entering the "1000 Club," Pat. Nice pics of the newest water creations, too.

Later...Joan

Joan: Joan thank you soo very much!!!!!

Tuesdays Update Responses 11_18_08 not 11/17 my bad lol...

Quote from: Lilojame on November 19, 2008, 12:39:49 AM
Hey there Patrick!
I have to say that the creek looks good from this angle to. :thumbsup:
Definetly looking foward to see the update (give me a slight nudge when you post it  :D).

Have fun!
Karin

Karin: Hey Karin I am glad you like this angle as well and I am glad you are a such a great supporter here!!!

Quote from: Simpson on November 19, 2008, 03:36:59 AM
As always this two pictures are fantastic my friend ;)

David: Thank you David my friend!!!!

Wednesday Massive Mongo Update!!!!!

Quote from: metarvo on November 19, 2008, 11:49:39 AM
[/lurk]

All right, Pat, you've lured me out of lurking :-[ in this MD.  I might have to catch up for a while, but I do plan to follow Waterfalls now.  The work that I've seen is quite impressive.  It sounds like I could really learn something from this MD.

&apls

Metarvo: Hey there Metarvo wow welcome to Waterfalls and I am sooo honored that you came in... I thank you so much and I do so hope see you back here again soon...

Quote from: Simpson on November 19, 2008, 11:52:49 AM
:'( I always must to say the same thing: it's beautiful ::). This lake is really superb and réalistic my friend

David: Why the sad face my friend? lets turn that saddness around and back up you should be happy!!!! I am glad you like the lake alot here!!!

Quote from: Lilojame on November 19, 2008, 02:14:55 PM
Hey there my firend!
Another exscelent update! I realy like the lake! :thumbsup:

Karin: Thank you soo very much Karin and I look forward to seeing you back again!!

Quote from: blade2k5 on November 19, 2008, 02:41:44 PM
Looking good as always Pat :thumbsup:  I bet the grass near the river banks are glad they have water to drink now :D 

Oh hey!  Almost forgot.  You only have 983 more replies to go to 2000 :P

Troy:  Yuppers Troy getting closser now to 2k lol... Thank you so much and I yes that grass is happie grass lol.....

Quote from: papab2000 on November 19, 2008, 07:07:33 PM
Looks good Pat  :thumbsup: All you need is some ducks  ;) a shot gun and a BBQ  ;D

Rich: Right Rich and I need to find some ducks that would be supper sweet to find some ducks...

Quote from: bat on November 20, 2008, 12:54:20 AM
Great new pictures there of your river and waterfalls, Pat!! :thumbsup:

Bat: Thank you very much Bat!!!

Quote from: JBSimio on November 20, 2008, 07:21:27 AM
Alright Pat... I've looked everywhere, and still can't find the giant mango you advertised in this update!  What gives?!?  Oh wait... you're telling me I read that wrong?  Oops...  &ops

It all looks good as usual, my friend.  I can't thing of anything else to say but that!   :thumbsup:  Will the little stub there eventually become another full branch of this river or is it just a drainage type of creek bed?  I suppose I should just be patient and find out... but I thought I'd ask anyway.  ;)

JB

Jon:

There you go Jon just for you some mango's lol hehehe.... Remember young grass hopper one patientce is a viture lol and yes its another part of the creek...

Thursdays Double shot Update responses.....

Quote from: Lilojame on November 20, 2008, 01:52:51 PM
Hi my friend!
Hm, let see... I think that on this one is less "gray rocks or boulders" as on earliers, if I am not wrong you added the "mossy rock", I dont remebrer seeing those plants bright plants in the wather earlier also and not sure, but did you changed the trees around it?
As of the double shot I have to say again, that I like them very much and cant wait to see more! :thumbsup:

Karin: Yes Karin you are correct there on that one!!! less grey boulders and more plants.... Yes I did add some more trees too!!

Quote from: blade2k5 on November 20, 2008, 03:15:43 PM
Very nice Pat.  It's all coming together rather nicely.  I especially like the stream, very peaceful and quiet....and a bit warmer :P than here.  The riverbanks in the first pic looks like it took a while to do and looks so real.... :thumbsup: 

Look forward to part deux :thumbsup:

Troy Thank you Troy and I hope you enjoy part duex....

Quote from: kimcar on November 20, 2008, 04:21:55 PM
&apls &apls Great work Pat. I really like how you did your stream. Very realistic. Sorry to ask but how is your health ? Hope is fine. Take care.

Kim Hey Kim thank you so much and I hope I answered you a little bit about my health status in the update... At any time dont be affraid to ask and I will answer away...

Part Two!!!

Quote from: blade2k5 on November 20, 2008, 05:52:51 PM
Not really sure what it is you're going to do in the dark patch of water in the fork, unless the water is just deeper there. ::)  A showstopping second half I say :thumbsup:  Great double-update today Pat.  Nice work  &apls

Troy:  Yuppers there Troy its supposed to be deeper there... I am glad you enjoyed the Double the Shot today and see you around my friend....

Quote from: Lilojame on November 20, 2008, 06:40:46 PM
Hey there Pat!

Ouch, I feel with you mate! I wish you all the best.

As for the pictures, yey, me likey-like them. And lol, I love that movie.  :D

Have fun,
Karin

Karin:  Hey Karin thank you Hun, I am trying to do better... me gladdie you likiee lol sorry bad pun lol... I am also glad you gotten a chance to watch the movie....

Quote from: JBSimio on November 20, 2008, 09:27:44 PM
Surprisingly enough... things continue to look good around here!  Who ever woulda thunk it, huh?  ;)

Sorry to hear that things aren't progessing as well on the health front, my friend.  I've been there before... with the uncertainty and seemingly endless consultations that wind up explaining nothing.  I sometimes think that doctors are really just guessing as much as you or I would.  But, then again, the human body is an extremely complex and complicated piece of work... so can we really blame them all that much?  I mean, honestly... what exactly is a spleen?  And what the hell does it really do?  ;)  Hang in there, Pat... they'll figure it out sooner or later!

JB

Jon: Hey Jon I know the doc front is annoying and well its yea... My Doc is just doing that at this point guessing what could be wrong and I am half tempted to go back to the hospital that admitted me back in october that took good care of me and see if they have any docs that aint quacked lol.... Ooh wait  a doc that aint quacked hmmm now I doubt that is not possible lol.... anyways I will hang in there as best as I can I will keep up my spirits and keep updating as doing so keeps my mind distracted....

Quote from: Simpson on November 20, 2008, 11:42:24 PM
This lake is really splendid my friend, so réalistic. Fantastic work on it

David:  Thank you David!!!

Quote from: M4346 on November 21, 2008, 12:06:52 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the slow progress on the health front Mr Pat! I trust that things will look up for you in no time and that you'll be back on duty as soon as you can say 'update!'

Which reminds me, in the mean time, we're more than glad to see your splendid updates here! At least there is some positive note on the issue of your health, and I urge you to use the available time to continue to entertain and amaze us!

All of the best, and keep well my friend!

()stsfd()

Marius: Thank you Marius and I will do so for sure continue to entertain away here, so there will be no need to worry at all... I might slow down a bit after November here for a wee bit but hey or I might not will see...

Posting as I go here and I am working on the replies as I go too, just to show that I do care about my personal responses... It might take me awhile to finishes off the responses so check back soon... If someone post here I might go ahead a post an update  ;)

Quote from: Vandy on November 21, 2008, 12:29:38 PM
Ah, Pat, the Zenmaster of waterfalls.

You've been doing some excellent work with your waterfalls and your MD.  I am very glad to be able to enjoy reading it again and allowing your excellent pictures massage my eyeballs and bath them in their sweet beauty.

Thanks, Pat, for sharing not only your talent but yourself in this excellent MD.

Regards,

Gary (Vandy)

Gary Hey there Gary its such an honor to see you here today and thank you sooo very much for stopping in!!! This means alot to me!!!  Just watch out for them rapids as they can get pretty hot down by the falls from the momentume...

NB:

Hey I spotted Simgoober and Heblem today and I feel special, i just wish they would have said hi though....

EDIT AGAIN: OK every one offically all the replies are done so come on down!!!

Vandy

Ah, Pat, the Zenmaster of waterfalls.

You've been doing some excellent work with your waterfalls and your MD.  I am very glad to be able to enjoy reading it again and allowing your excellent pictures massage my eyeballs and bath them in their sweet beauty.

Thanks, Pat, for sharing not only your talent but yourself in this excellent MD.

Regards,

Gary (Vandy)

In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.  © May 29, 1980

art128

Ooops, I loss some update Patrick.... these falls look good my friend, excellent work on the lake and the rivers  &apls your nature is exceptional  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

blade2k5

Hey Pat.  How ya doing?  Did you mean by saying 'today is not so hot' that you're not feeling well, ()sick() or that Murphy's Law kicked in today?  ?=mad)=  If you're not feeling all that great, hope you feel better soon :sunny:

Pat

OK its Friday night here and after taking some time to rest it up and also prep some pics too lol, here we go with this update and so now here is the famous words..... Without further ado here we goooo...................

I am still going to work on those replies asap, but I will have them all done and I do promisss that one before this weekend is out!!! Thank you all for coming into waterfalls and stopping on by, Remember if you stop in say hi too!!!

Pat

blade2k5

I can almost visualize the rocks and trees you'll eventually be adding :thumbsup:  It'll be interesting to see what you do along the high riverbanks in the bottom pic.  Take it easy, look forward to tomorrow. :thumbsup:  Nice work again as always :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Hey Pat, hope you're doing OK, and hope you won't try to push yourself too hard - we're here for you whenever you want us to be! :thumbsup: The photos are looking much better as you work on the riverbanks. I think the only thing I've really learned about TPW is that the results are stunning, but getting there can be pretty tedious! But what the heck - an extra six hours in game working on a few little tiles is nothing for the SC4 devoted!  $%Grinno$% :D $%Grinno$%

Simpson

Wow the first picture is reallly wonderful
Also maybe a general picture? ::)
Loking forward to the next update my friend ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Some more excellent pictures there of your nature! Looking forward to more... ;)