• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jefferson County

Started by girlfromverona, August 11, 2008, 11:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girlfromverona

Welcome to Jefferson County!

I have a bit of time on my hands at the moment, so I thought it'd be an excellent time to start my first Mayor's Diary.

I thought I'd note down some of the mods, etc that I'll be using:

I will also be making use of the wonderful rural items made by Chris (Chrisadams3997) and David (dedgren), which can be found at The Rural Renewal Project and Three Rivers Region.

Jefferson County is currently in the planning stage, with only trees in place. My next steps will be to lay down waterways and map out the main road and rail networks. Of course, I may also just start building at any time if I feel the urge...  ;)

Until next time, I'll leave you with an overview of the area:

Simpson

Oh your region is superb I love it
:)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Chrisadams3997

I like :thumbsup:.  It looks like it could be a challenge to build on much of it, but that leaves plenty of natural beauty to play with :)

warszawa

What a stunning overview girlfromverona. After seeing some of your extraordinary rural work dotted around this site, I'm eagerly awaiting to see more! :)

Alex :thumbsup:
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

mopo.ska

Great region view. It's loook so real to me. Wait for water and transport infrastructure  ::)

XoX

C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40

bat

Yes, great overview there of your region!!! :thumbsup:

And welcome to the MD section! ;) Nice start of your first MD. :)

NASCAR_Guy

There's a Jefferson County two counties to the Northeast of where I am. $%#Ninj2
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

M4346

Oh WOW! That is a very beautiful region you got there! LOVE the colours!  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Wonderful start here, my friend! I'm eagerly anticipating your first update!

Dustin

Schulmanator

A great map. I look forward to seeing its development.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

FrankU

Good start!
I found some pictures of your work here and there on the site and these made me curious after more of your work.
I'll gladly follow your MD.

girlfromverona

Thanks for all the encouraging replies, everyone! It really means a lot to me.

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on August 12, 2008, 01:56:24 AMIt looks like it could be a challenge to build on much of it, but that leaves plenty of natural beauty to play with

You read my mind...  ;)

In fact, you and David (dedgren) are both to blame for my increasing interest in wilderness areas.  :P  That doesn't mean I've renounced city building entirely, though - expect to see both in this MD.

Quote from: NASCAR_Guy on August 12, 2008, 10:23:49 AMThere's a Jefferson County two counties to the Northeast of where I am.

Really? I figured there was probably a real one out there somewhere, but mine is a complete fabrication, so any similarities are purely coincidental.  :D

Update Time

I thought I'd better post an update today, just to prove I haven't been slacking off...  ;)

I've been laying down the main rivers and streams, along with a couple of lakes:

I haven't "decorated" very much yet, but here are a couple of spots I have done:

Until next time...

Simpson

To small :'( $%Grinno$%

Nan, your update is very good I love your lake
I love the river in the région pic  &apls &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

FrankU

This is really promising stuff.

When your terraforming is finished and the oxygen amount in your atmosphere is high enough, may I take a vacation there? At least: if gravity isn't too high?

bat

The rivers there on that region are looking really good!
And nice pictures, too! :thumbsup:

ben_meissner

Looking good so far! From what I've seen of your rural work in other threads, I'm sure we are in for a treat. It look like a great region to play with.

Ben

Pat

Looking very very good here girlfromverona, you got a good talent with Nature!!!! I will look forward to see both Natural and Man Made in Jefferson County...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Looking good, here, my friend!

Lots of detail has gone into these shots, I can certainly tell! Keep up the good work!

Really? I figured there was probably a real one out there somewhere, but mine is a complete fabrication, so any similarities are purely coincidental.  Cheesy

There's also a Jefferson County in Pennsylvania, where I'm from, and the largest town in the county is Punxsutawney, home of the famous Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog who predicts the weather each year on February 2.

Take care,

Dustin

threestooges

Very good looking start. The region as a whole looks like it will produce some interesting development. The close up pics are even better. I particularly like the first one. I'll be keeping an eye out for new developments.