• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jefferson County

Started by girlfromverona, August 11, 2008, 11:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

wow  :o your region is very nice  &apls &apls and these two pictures are beautiful :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bakerton

This will look real interesting to follow. I would like to see how everything will turn out; cities and rural areas. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

girlfromverona

Once again, thanks for all the encouragement! And thanks also for that info, Dustin - interesting stuff! Makes me want to watch the movie again.  :D

Quote from: FrankU on August 14, 2008, 07:33:33 AM
When your terraforming is finished and the oxygen amount in your atmosphere is high enough, may I take a vacation there?

Of course! I'll make sure a room is booked for you in the first hotel that gets built.  ;)

Another small update this time, to show you what I've been up to today. Here is an (as yet incomplete) map showing rivers, railway, and main roads, including a highway which goes right through Carson, the largest town in the county. I'll do a proper street map for Carson once it's a little more established.

This is the interchange just north of Carson:

This is the bridge which crosses the Carson River, on the road to Travis:

Hope everyone's having an awesome week.  ;D

Simpson

I really love your work your region is superb ;)
The RHW is looking very good and réalistic and also great interchange  :thumbsup:
Your lake are always so good  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

jmyers2043

Hello Girl!

Wow! I like your region. I am going to have so much fun watching you develope it and seeing how it grows. I like the bridge and how you made a split in the stream. Good Luck
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

art128

exellent pistures  :thumbsup:
the region shot is very nice and the map to  &apls
the Carson river look very cool  :thumbsup:
i'm looking foward to the next update  ;)
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bakerton

I just feel like going camping there. Sofar, everyhing looks great including the RHW. waiting for development of Carson and surrounding area be built. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Sciurus

Very beautifule country! I looooooooooove it! &apls :D
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Jmouse

Wonderful start on your MD, Marissa! Love the rural atmosphere, and clearly you are a master at the art of using of TPW. This MD will be a pleasure to follow.

Later...
Joan

Dark_Jedi06

Wowza! :o For a second I doubted whether or not that was real, such a beautiful recreation of nature. :thumbsup: Very impressive regional view as well...completely hand terraformed I assume? Stunning. :satisfied:

I look forward to more, hopefully larger updates.  ;)
...this space to be filled soon...

paroch

Hey, this is a very promising start.  Your nature pics look very realistic, with great use of the TPW and that map just helps give a feel for the area.  I'll be checking in again, for sure.

Paul

bat

That bridge and interchange is looking superb, great work on it! :thumbsup:

girlfromverona

Thanks everyone for your very kind comments!! Just to let you know, I am currently working on an update and should have it up in the next couple of days.  ;D

DFire870

What a great start to your MD! Being from Texas, I love driving through the rural areas of the state and love seeing rural areas showcased here. The picture of the bridge over the river actually reminds me of a road I drove on once on my way to Houston.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

thundercrack83

Congrats, Marisa!

- The Staff

Jmouse

Congratulations, Marisa! Hope you enjoy your month in the spotlight - I'm sure we will!

Later...
Joan

Simpson

Congratulation for your OSITM  :)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Dark_Jedi06

I must be prophetic, because I totally saw this award coming. ;D

I eagerly await your next update, I'm sure it will be just as beautiful as the others. $%Grinno$%
...this space to be filled soon...

girlfromverona

I am so honoured to be in the OSITM category - thank you so much!!

I have finally prepared an update, so without further ado I present the humble beginnings of the city of Carson. The population is currently around 5,000.

#1 - Overview of Carson (day)

#2 - Overview of Carson (night)

#3 - The first supermarket to be built in Carson

#4 - McDonalds at sunset

#5 - A basketball game in a local park

#6 - The main road at night

Have a great week everyone!  ;D