• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Jefferson County

Started by girlfromverona, August 11, 2008, 11:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

very nice update :thumbsup: and congrat for the OSITM   &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Congratulation for OSITM  :)
Your new update is very good and your city is looking very fine
I love the night view  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Congrats on your award there! &apls

And the newest update is wonderful! Your city looks wonderful at night and at day (also at sunset!) !!! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Congratulations on the move to OSITM.
Between your scenic pictures, the map and now the very nice rural city, this will be a joy to follow this month.
Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Dark_Jedi06

It's like something pulled directly out of small-town USA, and with photo editing I'm having difficulty drawing the line between SC4 and reality. The realism here is immense and the energy of your build style fits perfectly with what you are trying to portray. :thumbsup:
...this space to be filled soon...

Jmouse

Carson is a charming little city - simple and typical of so many small towns. I can almost hear the bell on the ice cream truck! Looks like a wonderfully peaceful place to live.

Looking forward to great things this month...
Joan

dsrwhat316

Congrats on your award!

Carson has a definite suburban feel to it; is it going to stay that way or is it going to grow into a bustling metropolis? Good use of the SSM, as well. Great work!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

dedgren

#6- Night shot of the year!  And I thought your heart was in the country, ma'am.

JC is getting well-deserved recognition as OSITM- congratulations.  My suspicion is that it won't be the last time, given what we've seen so far.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

threestooges

Congratulations on OSITM, and with an update like the one for Carson, it's no surprise that you're here. The alterations you make to the pics really adds a unique atmosphere to them and seems to bring out the details. You also display a great selection of buildings. I particularly like the KFC on the corner, and the area in general shown in pic 6. Great work and I'll be looking forward to more.

FrankU

Congratulations!
It is well earned.  &apls

Looking forward to more....

ben_meissner

Congrats on the OSITM! Very well deserved. Carson looks great, especially the park and the last night shot. Can't wait to see more.

Ben

jmyers2043

Hello Girl!

Nice park. I like your idea of the street lights at the basketball court. I get sooo many good ideas from looking at journals. I also like your night shot of small town main street.  :thumbsup: Most night shots are of big central business discticts. Those have a wow factor but your shot is so - tranquil -
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Rodney99

Nice work so far... :) I really like your region and your RHW interchange. Great suburbs too!

girlfromverona

Sorry that this has taken a bit longer than expected - some work came up and, as I'm currently freelancing, I can't afford to turn it down.  &mmm  Thanks once again for all the encouraging comments! You guys rock.  ;D

Quote from: dedgren on September 02, 2008, 09:59:17 PM
And I thought your heart was in the country, ma'am.

Did I mention that I have a split personality?  :P  Farms are near the top of my to-do list. (I guess I should be a responsible mayor and make sure my Sims don't starve...)

Anyhoo, not a very spectacular update this time. I've been working on getting the public transport system up and running, and increasing Carson's industry to provide more employment for the growing population (currently 9,000).

Here are three of Carson's suburban train stations, which are also serviced by buses. The main station is still under construction - hopefully it'll be ready to show next time.

This is an industrial park in South Carson:

Until next time, keep cool 'til after school!  ;D

Simpson

Very fine update, your city is looking very good and also very réalistic  &apls
The industrial park is super  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

The rail stations are looking really good and wonderful areas around them!
Great industrial area, too!

Looking forward to more... ;)

Dark_Jedi06

Wonderful! :D

I love the inclusion of all the real-world buildings (KFC! :P) it gives a very authentic feel to your MD, which coupled with your build-style and presentation achieves quite a deal of realism. :)
...this space to be filled soon...

art128

very good update here !!  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

thundercrack83

Looking great here, Marisa! I love Carson's train depots, and your industry looks great, too!

You're doing some fine work here! Keep it up!

Dustin

Jmouse

Mass transport systems are one of the trickiest parts of city/region development IMO, and it looks like you have it under control. The neighborhoods are awfully close to the tracks, but it reminds me of a short time when I lived within a block of a railroad. After a couple of weeks we were oblivious to the passing trains, but guests were startled by the noise! Interesting how easily we adapt to our surroundings, isn't it?

In the third photo I noticed a fence between the track and commercial area and wondered about the purpose of it and how far it extends. One of the most interesting aspects of following MDs created by authors in different parts of the world is the sometimes-unconscious inclusion of details indigenous to the creator's immediate surroundings. I often see that in the MD's of my teammates and it is a source of endless fascination. And questions! ::)

Your industrial area looks surprisingly good. Mine always end up looking phony, but maybe it's because I forget to include a diner! I love it - simple and very appropriate.

Hope to see much more of your work soon...
Joan