• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityMaster563

I was able to make something similiar to the ave 6, but I actually used the MAVE 6 to make these:

and this

Same thing with MAVE 4:

Also this:

These pics are Not Photoshopped at all  ;D
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

Haljackey

Quote from: CityMaster563 on June 21, 2010, 07:30:00 AM
I was able to make something similiar to the ave 6, but I actually used the MAVE 6 to make these:

That's really cool. Reminds me of the wide medians in Barcelona. Nice find!

Rady

How didiyou do this? Using the MAVE6 and then deleting half of it using the railroad?

Looking forward for a tutorial!!! ;D
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Nego

I've made a tutorial here. I hope you find it helpful.

PS. That tutorual was my 64th post, moving me up to a forums Councilman.

;D

jdenm8

I'm more interested in the T21. I've tried multiple times to make one, but for some reason, the default T21s keep overriding it (even though it loads after).  :angrymore:

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

superhands

the fail safe way is to directly copy the t21 file rather than building it from scratch- but i assume this what you have done already? :P

Owr-3 can also make nice avenues ;D

jdenm8

Yeah, that is what I have done.
I followed Swamper77's tutorial on here but it evidently didn't work.
I've only done it on MAVE-6 but I can provide the file if necessary.

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on June 21, 2010, 09:21:34 PM
Yeah, that is what I have done.
I followed Swamper77's tutorial on here but it evidently didn't work.
I've only done it on MAVE-6 but I can provide the file if necessary.

One thing I've found--many times, you need to right-click on the rightmost pane with the exemplar properties and select "Reindex LotConfig" on the menu that pops up (should be the third item).  The game requires that the LotConfig property IDs must go up sequentially in a T21 starting from 0x88EDC900, or else the T21 won't show up.

Quote from: superhands on June 21, 2010, 09:05:22 PM
Owr-3 can also make nice avenues ;D

As can some of the stuff planned for Version 2.0 . . . ::) ;D

-Alex

doorknob60

Am I doing this wrong or am I just missing something? Can't get a working OWR-2 to OWR-3 in that direction...

(The northbound lane looks screwed up on this pic, it's fine, it's the southbound one that's causing problems)

Also, is it possible to do OWR-3 to MAVE-6 transitions? What about OWR-3 to RHW-6S (That's a stretch, but I'd love it!)?
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

jdenm8

Quote from: Tarkus on June 21, 2010, 11:24:44 PM
One thing I've found--many times, you need to right-click on the rightmost pane with the exemplar properties and select "Reindex LotConfig" on the menu that pops up (should be the third item).  The game requires that the LotConfig property IDs must go up sequentially in a T21 starting from 0x88EDC900, or else the T21 won't show up.

Hm... I've done that already as per the tutorial.

Tarkus

Quote from: doorknob60 on June 22, 2010, 12:26:49 AM
Am I doing this wrong or am I just missing something? Can't get a working OWR-2 to OWR-3 in that direction...

It appears you may have placed the piece in the wrong direction.  While the actual transition piece is pathed bi-directionally, the starter stubs only work one way.  Make sure the arrow on the preview model is facing the direction you want the OWR to go when you place the piece.

Quote from: doorknob60 on June 22, 2010, 12:26:49 AM
Also, is it possible to do OWR-3 to MAVE-6 transitions? What about OWR-3 to RHW-6S (That's a stretch, but I'd love it!)?

They're not in the current version, but OWR-3-to-MAVE-6 is a definite for the next proper version (not the 1.0.3 bugfix).  I'll see on the other one. ;)

-Alex

doorknob60

Quote from: Tarkus on June 22, 2010, 12:52:01 AM
It appears you may have placed the piece in the wrong direction.  While the actual transition piece is pathed bi-directionally, the starter stubs only work one way.  Make sure the arrow on the preview model is facing the direction you want the OWR to go when you place the piece.
Okay, I thought it would be something like that, I think it's time I removed my "Remove All One Way Arrows" plugin (it's a very old one from the STEX) :P It causes a lot of issues like this :D

Quote from: Tarkus on June 22, 2010, 12:52:01 AM
They're not in the current version, but OWR-3-to-MAVE-6 is a definite for the next proper version (not the 1.0.3 bugfix).  I'll see on the other one. ;)
Nice :) EDIT: While I'm on the topic, MAVE-6 to RHW-6C wouldn't be a bad idea either :P
Click here if you want to play SimCity 4 in Linux :)
Click here if you want to try Linux :)

canyonjumper

I was messing around earlier, when a thought struck me. Is that possible? So, after messing around with starter pieces, i discovered it is. Automata drive across it and its UDI compatible.

-Jordan :thumbsup:

I have resized your picture as it was breaking the page. You can display the full-size picture by clicking on it. (CasperVg - 06/23/10 CET)

EDIT: I have received a PM from Casper, saying he made a mistake. Image has been returned to the original.
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

io_bg

You're a bit late, Jordan $%Grinno$% I discovered this a while ago :P
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

canyonjumper

Ah, well, now everyone who didn't know before, knows now :P
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Red Lightning

Please check out my city here http://pagefound.myminicity.com/

superhands

sebs23

Hey,

Just wondering if the bigger roads like the MAVE-6 will be able to interchange with maxis highways in any future updates. Also, when will the TLA-7s be coming out?

el_cozu

hey... you know what would be awesome... a transition between OWR-4 into 2 OWR-2... and OWR-5 into OWR-2 + OWR-3

Opkl

Quote from: sebs23 on June 24, 2010, 11:28:14 AM
Hey,

Just wondering if the bigger roads like the MAVE-6 will be able to interchange with maxis highways in any future updates. Also, when will the TLA-7s be coming out?

I hope so, and all the other NWM roads too. (3/4/5 lane one way roads with side ramps for the maxis highways.) ;D