• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MutantPlatypus

This may have been reported, but when running an OWR under an ingame elevated highway, the tile the ramps connect to change to an OWR-2 (in game OWR) piece.

NOTE:  If the above post is just one sentence about some inconsistency, bug, or broken link, don't be offended.  I'm posting the info because I assumed it was some minor oversight and want to help you fix it, or I want the information to be available to others who are doing a search for the same problem.  Once the issue is resolved, moderators are encouraged to delete my post.

Venom+Eggs+Lactation=Platypus

Tarkus

Quote from: MutantPlatypus on August 07, 2010, 12:53:05 PM
This may have been reported, but when running an OWR under an ingame elevated highway, the tile the ramps connect to change to an OWR-2 (in game OWR) piece.

Yes, that's a result of the game's AutoPlace mechanism--there's no real way around that. 

-Alex

Vanilla9823

another problem

no automata(s) driving in my NWM

Tarkus

Quote from: Vanilla9823 on August 07, 2010, 04:49:20 PM
another problem

no automata(s) driving in my NWM

There could be a number of explanations for that.  It could possibly be a Right Hand Drive/Left Hand Drive issue, you could have an incompatible Traffic Plugin installed, or have the network designed such that it won't function.  An image of the setup and some more specifics would help with diagnosis.

Quote from: Opkl on August 04, 2010, 09:18:22 PM
So is his discovery ready for download yet or is it in the next release?

Quote from: travismking on August 04, 2010, 09:28:16 PM
its not available yet, he just discovered it a few days ago needs tested etc... :p

It is indeed still needing a little testing--I have been able to refine it a little further and now have it working well on diagonals and curves.  I'm going to attempt to optimize it a little further yet.  Additionally, the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool (TSCT) has required a few minor modifications to it in order to support the new developments.

That being said, there's a good possibility that the capacity improvements will be implemented in what has now been dubbed Version 1.1.0.

-Alex

Vanilla9823

TLA-3 Problem: ()sad()

I have a problem in TLA-3, I realize that it has no path when I use UDI

Tarkus

Quote from: Vanilla9823 on August 08, 2010, 04:54:32 PM
TLA-3 Problem: ()sad()

I have a problem in TLA-3, I realize that it has no path when I use UDI

No pathing at all?  Did you turn on the DrawPaths cheat?  If there's no path, you've probably got yourself an LHD copy of the game without the LHD Plugin installed.

-Alex

Vanilla9823

This is the pic
http://a.imageshack.us/img291/5349/tla3.png

As you can see, the DrawPaths is activated and I did'nt see any path at TLA-3
and the transition of road and tla-3

Tarkus

Quote from: Vanilla9823 on August 08, 2010, 07:05:14 PM
This is the pic
http://a.imageshack.us/img291/5349/tla3.png

As you can see, the DrawPaths is activated and I did'nt see any path at TLA-3
and the transition of road and tla-3

Thanks for posting that--it confirms my suspicions.  You have a Left-Hand Drive version of the game.  Install the NWM's Left-Hand Drive Plugin and your TLA-3s will be pathed properly.

-Alex

Vanilla9823

Reinstalling NAM and install NWM LHD plugin 

Thank u

Vanilla9823

Questions  ()what()

1. Why TLA-3 and other OWR have "crossover" ?

2.How does crossover ouccur ?

"$Deal"$

jdenm8

TLA-3 has it for consistency and the graphic effects.
OWR-4 and OWR-5 have it so traffic can change between the two tiles (ala RHW-6c, RHW-8 (both), RHW-10)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Moonraker0

I have a question:  if the wider RHWs have crossover paths like OWR-4 and -5, why do the wide RHWs not have cars stopping in the road and going the wrong way like the wider OWRs?

Tarkus

Quote from: Moonraker0 on August 09, 2010, 06:58:17 PM
I have a question:  if the wider RHWs have crossover paths like OWR-4 and -5, why do the wide RHWs not have cars stopping in the road and going the wrong way like the wider OWRs?

It's largely because the RHWs are based off a two-way network.  It's the tidal flow that makes things tricky with the OWR.

-Alex

Tarkus

The NAM Team is pleased to announce the release of Network Widening Mod Version 1.1!

Here's a look at the new features:

• The TLA-3, TLA-5, ARD-3, MAVE-6, OWR-3, OWR-4 and OWR-5 networks have all had their capacity increased.
  • Fixes to RULs and path files.
  • Overhanging "bite" added to Orthogonal-Diagonal transition for TLA-3, AVE-2 and ARD-3 networks.
    NOTE: Existing Orthogonal-Diagonal transitions may appear a bit "dark" on top upon installation--click over them to update them.

And the download links:

Network Widening Mod Version 1.1
Windows | MacOS

You'll need the following for NWM Version 1.1. to function properly:
Network Addon Mod Version 29
Windows | MacOS

NAM Essentials Version r84 is not required.  All the files contained in it are already in NAM Version 29.

Hope you all enjoy the latest version, and thanks again for your continued support!

-Alex

TJ1

A thousand times thank you NAM Team, awsome work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: &apls &apls

allantan1116

Hello, I' m new here.
I suggest that NWM can make the start piece seperately like RHW. The 2 tile wide pieces can be put aside and drag from different direction. Is it a good idea?
I' m from China and my English is bad, so if I' m politeless, I' m sorry...

citybuilderx

allantan1116
I hope I have understood you correctly, but the NWM is already based around a starterpiece setup, and very little puzzle pieces are used. It is all draggable. 
As for the 2 tile wide starter pieces, I think you are referring to the old side-by-side setup used on the early RHW/ANT tool.
I think Tarkus might be able to help you a bit better.
Keep up the English, --Nick
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

j-dub

Citybuilder, there is somewhat of a difference to what you are saying to alantan1116. The one point I must stress is how the first NWM was released with a conjoined 2-tile setup for the NWM MAVE, compared to the RHW 4. Thats probably what Allan meant by separately.

RHW 4 is designed that while you can build directly next to each other, you are not required to build them conjoined, where as the MAVE, they are plopped down 2 tile wide conjoined already, so currently it is a lot harder to build those at further widths apart, because you have to spend extra time to do a work around, sometimes people don't want to use the OWR portions of the NWM, they just want to see stuff split up MAVE style; not to mention the MAVE is capable of asymmetrical setups people like to do, its just momentarily because of the conjoined two tile setup, it takes longer to get it done.

The old, original RHW 4 on the ANT was a lot harder to build split up wider, those you had to build side by side at first, and take extra steps to widen the width out, which is kind of what I referring to with some portions of the NWM now, the only difference is the puzzle piece starts it, but the extra steps to split stuff up MAVE with the first release are still there.

Since the RHW 4 setup was eventually changed and made easier to build further apart, the NWM is a lot younger born then the RHW project is, and still has room to grow.

Tarkus

European NWM users, the moment you have been waiting for has arrived.  mrtnrln and riiga have finished the Euro TRM for NWM and TuLEPs, and it is now up on the STEX! :thumbsup:

-Alex

travismking

zomg i been waiting for this :D you guys are awesome too, EURO TULEPS :D