• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noahclem

Sounds like a job for RABETs  :D

Unfortunately, from my understanding a puzzle piece of that size would be an incredible amount of work and thus not likely any time soon. A more likely solution would be approximating a circle using potential future NWM OWR wide-radius curves.

Nanami

Hello..
As in NAM Development thread, I would like to ask how do I'll get something like this:

sorry if I'm just annoying.. :angrymore:

GDO29Anagram

@976: Too easy; I'd add some props using T21 exemplars. But then the median looks narrower than the standard AVE2; I'd modify the AVE2 textures into giving it a narrower median.

All this is an aesthetic modification; You're changing the looks of something that's already available, and what's already available is the AVE2. Besides, that's a lot of textures to modify.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

TJ1

hey will the diagonal single tile networks have intersections? like with other roads,rail, and rhw?

TJ1

ohh and will there be any flups underpasses for any of the nwm networks?

GDO29Anagram

@TJ1: No FLUP underpasses, at least not yet, although there is some diagonal functionality planned.
<INACTIVE>
-----

legoman786

Hey guys,

I don't know if you are aware of this bug, or 'feature.' :P

Anyway, I've already bulldozed the section of affected road and remade it. The problems come back.

What happens is that on my MAVE-6, when the Sims want to make a left turn onto a zone, they shoot across the city tile (as shown in the pic) and come back.

I'm just wanting to know if it is indeed a bug, or it's normal. If it's a bug, when do we expect it to be fixed?

Thanks again

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Lk37z1XqITSwvI3-fknI7lIy71ZU947ekGAaeKCckYs?feat=directlink

Tarkus

That was fixed with the zzz-MAVE-6 patch, which is attached to the first post of the thread (which appears at the top of every page of this thread).  Simply download that attachment, and unzip it to your Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Network Widening Mod folder.

-Alex

legoman786

Ah, so you WERE aware of it.

Only one problem... You did not make me aware of it.

...Until now. :P

EDIT: After installation of the patch... the problem still persists. Should I let the game run for a few in-game years? Or should I rebuild the affected section of MAVE-6?

Tarkus

The traffic simulator takes time to realize that it can no longer engage in that wackiness, so it basically needs to refresh, which takes at least a few in-game months (if you're running the game on a higher play speed, like Cheetah, it can take longer than that).

-Alex

Nanami

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on May 12, 2011, 02:56:14 PM
@976: Too easy; I'd add some props using T21 exemplars. But then the median looks narrower than the standard AVE2; I'd modify the AVE2 textures into giving it a narrower median.

All this is an aesthetic modification; You're changing the looks of something that's already available, and what's already available is the AVE2. Besides, that's a lot of textures to modify.
I think it's more looks like MAVE 4 or NMAVE 4 because of the median size.. so I think better to add barriers to those network..
btw where to download it?

Tarkus

The NWM?  That'd be found here.

Speaking of the NWM, a belated happy birthday to its first release, Version 1.0, which came out one year and one week ago (May 9, 2010).   &dance

So, in honor of the occasion, another little peek at its next full successor, NWM Version 2.0:

-Alex

JoeST

Oh that is amazing :D thank you so much Alex and NWM team :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

samerton

:o

I remember the day the NWM was released and how amazing it was and still is. And.. the sneak peak of 2.0... well.. WOW!  &apls

ivo_su

Whoa
Well done it looks amazing, great, perfect and wonderful. Alex will not be angry if you show more pictures such secrets because they have spiritual joy for us.
I adore NWM and I'm in love with this project.

Ivo

Nego

Wow! TuLEPs and everything! Quite fancy ::) Very excited for the next release!

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Twyla

I flipped through a dozen or so pages looking to see if this had been brought up before, but I didn't see anything about it - I hope I'm not repeating something.

I noticed a strange oddity with the NWM TLA-3 and RHW MIS...  Wasn't sure which thread it belonged in, but it seems to be more the TLA-3 (as this doesn't occur with other roads intersecting MIS).

In a nutshell, freight traffic (ie - trucks) don't seem to be able to make this left turn.

Flipping around locations and shifting commutes, it seems that cars can navigate between TLA-3 and MIS just fine - it's only the trucks that can't/don't.  And even if my Sims don't mind the trucks making California U-Turns in the residential areas, I'd still prefer to cut the extra 86 tiles from their routes.

Any notion what's causing this?

GDO29Anagram

@Twyla: Good thing you brought that up.

Well, the TLA-3 is designed with turn-lane paths, but in order for them to work properly with an intersection (in your case, MIS), the ortho stretch of TLA-3 has to be uninterrupted for at least one tile beyond the intersection. The problem here is due to the ERHW4-TLA3 crossing: Those turn-paths are absent, resulting in having no means of turning left.

Watch closely:

A simple path fix would do the job. But just in case that's a long way's off, you could always have a one-tile gap between the MIS and ERHW-4. This restores the turn-lane that's needed.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

5-minute quickie interim fix attached below . . . should do the trick for now--thanks for catching that one, Twyla! :thumbsup:

-Alex