• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GMT

got a queshtshion...  :P

Nah seriously, yesterday I did the drawpaths thingy for the fun of it and realized something weird around MAVE-6:
at the outer edges of every MAVE-6 I have, there's some sort of wedges flashing alternating red and white, faster or slower depending on the zoom level. Never seen such a thing before when using drawpath... anyone knows what that's supposed to mean? (I'll add a screenshot in 5)

EDIT:
So here's a picture

Like I said, the red lines forming wedges at the outer lines of the MAVE-6 are blinking red and white...

... really, it is. I swear.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: GMT on September 19, 2011, 12:10:44 PM
Nah seriously, yesterday I did the drawpaths thingy for the fun of it and realized something weird around MAVE-6:
at the outer edges of every MAVE-6 I have, there's some sort of wedges flashing alternating red and white, faster or slower depending on the zoom level. Never seen such a thing before when using drawpath... anyone knows what that's supposed to mean?

Those are the DIPs that grant the MAVE-6 and other networks the 25% capacity boost. On other DIPped networks, they might show as green arrowheads.

On just the MAVE-6, they're flashing (which would normally indicate they're broken, but they're intentionally "broken") because there were odd effects with having them unbroken before.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

Research showed that by making them invalid still gave the intersection functionality yet didn't exhibit the weird commute query tool paths as much.

Testing shows that the bug only affects traffic that is entering or exiting the flow of traffic from a LOT next to the road (Doesn't matter if the lot doesn't face the road, sims just have to try and enter it to trigger the graphical bug.)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Moonraker0

I'm having a problem with the new draggable transition between road and TLA-3.

This only happens if there is development next to the transition.

j-dub

But are the paths fine? If the paths are aligned fin, then its just a wealth dependent texture problem. Thank you for sharing.

Tarkus

It looks like the wealthification for the TLA-5/AVE-4 transition ended up in the TLA-3/Road transition IID range.  Going to require repackaging the whole file.

-Alex

Dexter

@Moonraker0, I found that bug the other day - if you place medium zoning next to that piece it reverts to the proper texture.
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

GMT

Quote from: jdenm8 on September 19, 2011, 05:47:02 PM
Research showed that by making them invalid still gave the intersection functionality yet didn't exhibit the weird commute query tool paths as much.

Testing shows that the bug only affects traffic that is entering or exiting the flow of traffic from a LOT next to the road (Doesn't matter if the lot doesn't face the road, sims just have to try and enter it to trigger the graphical bug.)

So this is supposed to happen when there's lots somewhere down the road? If so, somethings wrong as there's nothing but roads (yet) in my entire region

... really, it is. I swear.

jdenm8

Quote from: GMT on September 20, 2011, 04:46:28 AM
Quote from: jdenm8 on September 19, 2011, 05:47:02 PM

So this is supposed to happen when there's lots somewhere down the road? If so, somethings wrong as there's nothing but roads (yet) in my entire region

No, the paths will act like that regardless. It is to stop a bug that occurs when there is development alongside.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

PBGV

So is there any plan for an AVE-6 addon with trees in the median like your T21 experiments?  One would be very useful in making Park Ave. for my NYC recreation.

Kitsune

its too bad there wasnt a way to share the ave-4 median with ave-2 and ave-6.
~ NAM Team Member

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Kitsune on September 22, 2011, 05:00:19 PM
its too bad there wasnt a way to share the ave-4 median with ave-2 and ave-6.

I think not; I have successfully transferred some of the AVE-4 props for use with the AVE-6 median. Look a few pages back. I haven't gotten to releasing it just yet; I've been busy with other things...

You could do the same with AVE-2, but the AVE-4 props are too wide.
<INACTIVE>
-----

ivo_su

Ganaram  can I expect you to complete T'21 mod for AVE-6 with standard collars AVE-4 medians.  You were shown a picture and look perfect, I think that should work properly without any difficulty.

- Ivo

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: PBGV on September 22, 2011, 12:22:44 AM
So is there any plan for an AVE-6 addon with trees in the median like your T21 experiments?

Quote from: ivo_su on September 23, 2011, 05:07:56 PM
Ganaram  can I expect you to complete T'21 mod for AVE-6 with standard collars AVE-4 medians.

What does this tell you? ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/26790-maxis-styled-ave-6-median-pack/

Two caveats, though: You can only use one of the 15 T21 DATs, but you can select which one you want to use. Also, I originally wanted to go with a wealth-neutral setup, but I decided against it, but if you were to ask me which one would be wealth-neutral, I'd go with any of the medium-wealth medians.
<INACTIVE>
-----

j-dub

ivo_su

Ganaram  very good job on your part.  Exactly what I needed  and now I am glad that finally AVE-6 seems as  I always wanted. It is good  that the middle section of the AVE-6 / 8 is the same and this great MOD will be used in the future. Just to ask you is true that the AVE-8  will be 3 tiles size?

- Ivo

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: ivo_su on September 24, 2011, 11:36:11 AM
Just to ask you is true that the AVE-8  will be 3 tiles size?

I'm glad the T21 pack is to your liking, and to answer your question, the AVE-8 will also be a 3-tile network.
<INACTIVE>
-----

kassarc16

Finally noticed an issue on RailxNWM 1-Ways when testing jondor's crossing mod; passing trains stop for one another as if it were a switch, but it doesn't happen on the Vanilla 1-way.

Not sure if it's his mod or the way they've always acted.

Tarkus

Stop points were added to the tracks--this was necessary in order to get the crossing gates to work on OWR and RHW Rail crossings.

-Alex

Dexter

I was a bit bored earlier so I made road/rhw to MAVE-4 transition textures:

Obviously they will need alpha maps and wealthication but such a piece would be quite useful  ;D
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?