• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeguy

Impressive work Tarkus, wide curves are just what the dual-tile NWM networks need. :thumbsup:

Are you planning any wide curves for the AVE-6 and TLA-7 by any chance? ;)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Kitsune

Quote from: jdenm8 on January 15, 2012, 06:43:35 AM
Planned
Not Planned, don't hold your breath
No, not happening
Already Implemented, you just have to use Draggable GLR

As far as I'm aware, creation of new puzzle pieces for NWM transitions has been discontinued except where they are necessary, change of tile widths for example.
There are no plans for a Ploppable version of any NWM/RHW X Puzzle Piece Based GLR intersection, convert to Draggable GLR, you have plenty of space there.

so no transition pieces for nmave 4 for the next release? It desperately needs some kind of ave transition - its kinda hard to use when you can only transition it to road..
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Quote from: apeguy on January 15, 2012, 03:41:37 PM
Impressive work Tarkus, wide curves are just what the dual-tile NWM networks need. :thumbsup:

Are you planning any wide curves for the AVE-6 and TLA-7 by any chance? ;)

Thanks!  And yes, I actually have a 45-degree curve texture laying around that Dave (superhands) did around the time we did Version 1.0 . . . the plan is to make at least an S for those as well, and probably a 90 (though it'll take a long time to mod just because there's so many path files involved).

Quote from: Kitsune on January 15, 2012, 03:47:56 PM
so no transition pieces for nmave 4 for the next release? It desperately needs some kind of ave transition - its kinda hard to use when you can only transition it to road..

Not unless someone makes textures.  NWM transitions can be difficult to texture because of the geometry.

noahclem

Shadow Assassin

Not a bad S-curve texture though that "kink" in the middle is a bit off-putting.

As for other network transitions: they will come with time.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

cmdp123789

michi_cc

Quote from: Tarkus on January 15, 2012, 03:52:51 PM
Not unless someone makes textures.  NWM transitions can be difficult to texture because of the geometry.

Here you are, Tarkus; all transitions are 2-by-2 tiles, with the top and bottom 128 pixel rows being unmodified reference textures.

Lach77

On the subject of NWM transitions is NMAVE-4 to AVE-4 on the planning list? Usually when I build avenues as main arterial roads I make all the intersections avenues for a few tiles on either side(even if they only feed a low amount of traffic) to reduce traffic congestion. The problem then is that when I transition these side avenues into roads I get traffic congestion quite easily around the pinch points.

I prefer not to have too many avenues otherwise my high density suburbs end up looking like a spaghetti of asphalt. Replacing roads with NMAVE-4 is a nice alternative to demolishing lots of building to place avenues everywhere.

Thanks

Tarkus

Quote from: michi_cc on January 16, 2012, 04:33:58 PM

Here you are, Tarkus; all transitions are 4-by-4 tiles, with the top and bottom 128 pixel rows being unmodified reference textures.

michi_cc, my friend, you are officially awesome!  Those textures look fantastic and will be extremely useful--thank you so much! :thumbsup:  Have a +1 K-point on my behalf.

Quote from: Lach77 on January 17, 2012, 05:22:50 AM
On the subject of NWM transitions is NMAVE-4 to AVE-4 on the planning list?

See the post above me.  We now have textures for one, all thanks to michi_cc, so there will definitely be one. :)

And on another note, things are progressing on the S-Curves.  The MAVE-4 one is pathed (though I may still adjust it a little--and it needs color correction) and the rest are RULed.

The TLA-5 S-Curve

-Alex

michi_cc

Quote from: Tarkus on January 17, 2012, 12:56:00 PM
Those textures look fantastic and will be extremely useful--thank you so much!
Any other important missing pieces? I very much fail on drawing something completely from scratch, but such geometric manipulations/mash ups are something I find quite easy.

Michael

noahclem

Great work michi_cc and Alex!  &apls

Quote from: michi_cc on January 17, 2012, 01:25:54 PM
Any other important missing pieces? I very much fail on drawing something completely from scratch, but such geometric manipulations/mash ups are something I find quite easy.

Michael

I'd love to see MAVE-6 to AVE-6 transitions if it's not too much trouble!

sitejunction

That New Mave-4 and TLA-5 S-curves look great. I guessing there will be NMAVE-4 curves as well. By the way one suggestion, I think a Ave-6 to Dual OWR-3 would be a pretty cool addition.

grumbs64

Quote from: michi_cc on January 16, 2012, 04:33:58 PM

Here you are, Tarkus; all transitions are 4-by-4 tiles, with the top and bottom 128 pixel rows being unmodified reference textures.

Fantastic!  NMAVE-4 transitions are at the top of my hope-list, right above NWM Bus Stops (please RTMT team please!)

Thanks.

Tarkus

Quote from: michi_cc on January 17, 2012, 01:25:54 PM
Quote from: Tarkus on January 17, 2012, 12:56:00 PM
Those textures look fantastic and will be extremely useful--thank you so much!

Michael

Thank you so much for the offer--I really, really appreciate it (as does I'm sure just about every NWM user out there)! :thumbsup:  I think the ones Noah and sitejunction mentioned are solid possibilities.

Quote from: sitejunction on January 17, 2012, 02:03:48 PM
I guessing there will be NMAVE-4 curves as well.

There will.  Same repertoire of curves that exists for the TLA-3, AVE-2, and ARD-3 (S, 45, and large and small 90).  As I also resurrected my old OWR-2 curves last night, trying to work out the OneWayDir flag quirks, once those are done I should be able to finish the OWR-1 and OWR-3 curves.

Quote from: grumbs64 on January 17, 2012, 02:57:01 PM
right above NWM Bus Stops (please RTMT team please!)

From what I know from the RTMT folks I've talked to, they've been working very hard on them for quite some time.  It's a pretty exhaustive set they're doing, too, so it'll definitely be worth the wait. :)

-Alex

michi_cc

AVE-6 to MAVE-6 and AVE-6 to OWR-3. Not sure if the shorter or the longer transitions will look better in-game.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: michi_cc on January 17, 2012, 03:58:18 PM
Not sure if the shorter or the longer transitions will look better in-game.

I'm more in favor of the longer transitions, though the short AVE-6 to MAVE-6 transition isn't that cramped.

Now to complete the list of 6-lane road transitions are MAVE-6 and OWR-3 transitions to TLA-7.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

noahclem

Great work!  &apls

My vote is definitely for the smoother ones  :thumbsup:

apeguy

Nice transitions! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'd go for the longer ones. Although the short ones are good, and are better for dense cities, the longer ones are more realistic. :)

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

michi_cc

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on January 17, 2012, 04:24:28 PM
Now to complete the list of 6-lane road transitions are MAVE-6 and OWR-3 transitions to TLA-7.
OWR-3 to TLA-7 doesn't really need drawing anything new, just stick the AVE-6 to TLA-7 transition tile directly at the top. TLA-7 to MAVE-6 is just some grey infill, but still:

mike3775

Quote from: michi_cc on January 17, 2012, 05:20:24 PM
Quote from: GDO29Anagram on January 17, 2012, 04:24:28 PM
OWR-3 to TLA-7 doesn't really need drawing anything new, just stick the AVE-6 to TLA-7 transition tile directly at the top. TLA-7 to MAVE-6 is just some grey infill, but still:

That is the one transition I have been wanting the longest. 

You are awesome!!!!