• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunv123

First of all, 3 lanes going into 2 lanes is absurd. That's one of the reasons why it is not implemented in NWM.

-sunv123
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

lfinalDJ

Quote from: mike3775 on December 30, 2012, 01:41:42 PM

I have always had to go one more square past the terminus, in other words, draw through the Ave and get a full 4 way intersection.

Yes, but it means i can't finish the AVE 6 in this intersection, if I want to zone.

Do I have to continue ?  Does i have to use the transition piece AVE 6 to AVE 4 to terminus a AVE 6?

Thanks.

Quote from: sunv123 on December 30, 2012, 01:47:28 PM
First of all, 3 lanes going into 2 lanes is absurd. That's one of the reasons why it is not implemented in NWM.

-sunv123

Why? There is a puzzle piece to terminus a AVE 4 in this intersection, but there is none to terminus the AVE 6.

Swordmaster

You can provisionally use the TULEP four-way intersection until a T piece gets made.

Cheers
Willy

lfinalDJ

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 30, 2012, 02:30:30 PM
You can provisionally use the TULEP four-way intersection until a T piece gets made.

Cheers
Willy

Thanks I will do that for now, I hope it can't cause any conflict.

Regards.

mike3775

Quote from: lfinalDJ on December 30, 2012, 02:36:18 PM
Quote from: Swordmaster on December 30, 2012, 02:30:30 PM

Cheers
Willy

Thanks I will do that for now, I hope it can't cause any conflict.

Regards.

Its never conflicted with me, I even have zoning that grows on it that way

jdenm8

Three lanes ending into four lanes (Avenue has two lanes for each direction, leaving a total of four possible exits) is perfectly feasible, as is four ending at four.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

lfinalDJ

Hi, I have found a provisionally solution.

It work if i build a TLA 5 instead of a AVE 4.
But I can't use any TULEP, if i do that, some part of the intersection disappear. For now it's ok.

Thank.

There is a pic :

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: lfinalDJ on December 31, 2012, 04:47:48 AM

But I can't use any TULEP, if i do that, some part of the intersection disappear. For now it's ok.

It's good to know!! :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

j-dub

And there is plenty of times in real life, I have seen roads built this way, with no arrow markings entirely, despite multi-lane roads ending at a T. It is just assumed people will know what to do, but it does happen. I don't see this getting changed anytime soon, so that is how it will have to be, but more importantly you got that there.

AngryBirdsFan436

I also have that problem. My workaround is to convert the avenue to a RD-4 (MAVE-4) and reconvert it to an avenue.
To the NAM Team: Will there be an attachment fix for that intersection?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

jdenm8

No, there won't be an attachment fix because it requires a RUL2 fix. The Controller File is too large to fit in the Attachment system (Weighs in at about 2MB when compressed) and we don't have enough fixes to warrant a new hotfix.

Quote from: lfinalDJ on December 30, 2012, 01:59:11 PM
Why? There is a puzzle piece to terminus a AVE 4 in this intersection, but there is none to terminus the AVE 6.

That piece was, from memory, in the NWM Alpha builds, but nobody had made working paths for it by Feature Freeze, so it was left out. Quite a few of the NWM TuLEPs intersections went that way.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on January 04, 2013, 10:27:15 PM
To the NAM Team: Will there be an attachment fix for that intersection?

Should also note that a fix like that wouldn't be that high a priority for NAM 31, when P57 is already a priority. Best bet is to wait for NAM 32, which is when NWM gets its much-needed revamp.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

AngryBirdsFan436

Will there be a TuLEP intersection piece for AVE-6XAVE-6/TLA-7XTLA-7?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

strucka

Another really necessery thing are the overpasses for NWM. Though the elevated NWM's aren't that urgent, all the existing networks over NWM are absolutely a big problem at the moment. At least the rail would be really great to have. You don't usually get a very frequent rail line running over a 6 lane avenue, or even worse a 5 lane one way road.

Tarkus

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on January 11, 2013, 08:09:16 AM
Will there be a TuLEP intersection piece for AVE-6XAVE-6/TLA-7XTLA-7?

Yes.

Quote from: strucka on January 11, 2013, 10:27:16 AM
Another really necessery thing are the overpasses for NWM. Though the elevated NWM's aren't that urgent, all the existing networks over NWM are absolutely a big problem at the moment. At least the rail would be really great to have. You don't usually get a very frequent rail line running over a 6 lane avenue, or even worse a 5 lane one way road.

The issue right now, however, is the fact that the elevated viaducts for Road, OWR, Avenue, and Heavy Rail are planned to be draggable by NAM 32, and the NWM will also be getting substantial upgrades then.  I agree that it'd be very useful to have that functionality, but with how development is being phased, it would be awkward at best to make puzzle pieces for those situations now.

-Alex

sunv123

Since now that dragable is like the new standard with RHW and such, it would be a little awkward to see puzzles pieces when most others are dragable.

Great work on that, who ever thought that we would soon go on to do that? It was in our dreams. :D
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Wiimeiser

You could probably use RHW-2 or 4 as a placeholder in the meantime, but you'd need an extra tile for the stub
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

AngryBirdsFan436

You know guys that I have an idea for "renaming" the NWM while retaining its acronym: Network Width Mod. It's because not all networks are widening. Ex: AVE-2, RD-4 and OWR-1. Is it a good idea to "rename" the NWM? I got that idea because not all networks are widening.
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on January 25, 2013, 03:31:16 AM
You know guys that I have an idea for "renaming" the NWM while retaining its acronym: Network Width Mod. It's because not all networks are widening.

Not really fitting, because many of these networks are widened not by the number of lanes, but by how much space each network takes up. AVE-2, TLA-3, ARD-3, and NRD-4 take up about 50% more asphalt space than the standard RD-2. You need to take into account that there's more than the tile footprints that these networks take up, it's also how much of the tile is asphalt or not.

Plus, the name "Network Widening Mod" has been around for years.

Besides, I've been campaigning for the OWR-1 to be a separate item for what I've been calling the Network Narrowing Mod. (Not.)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

sancho_chase

Totally unrelated and sorry if this is the wrong board:
I'm using the pic quoted below as an example for my question...

...where/how do you get the median props/textures that are similar to maxis AVEs...the foliage lights and such. 

Everywhere I look on this forum, I see nice plants and lights in NWM AVEs. 
When I place a AVE-6 using NWM, I just see grass. 
Same goes for ave-2, except the ave 2 replaces the bright green with a drab green grass.
I have a texture mod, but this behavior has existing prior to that.
I've looked at dependencies and checked forums...I'm stumped.

Thx!

Quote from: lfinalDJ on December 31, 2012, 04:47:48 AM

Thank.

There is a pic :