• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eabletzinger

My elevated train bridges have no approaches.  The elevated train segment on the land portion is at a different heighth than the bridge.

Eric

jdenm8

There are some GLR bridges confusingly labelled as Elevated Rail Bridges. Proper El-Rail bridges will be at the same height (15m) as regular ElRail, GLR bridges will be at the ground height (0m) and the High ElRail bridges at double height (30m)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

eabletzinger

This problem occurs with all the bridges.  When I drag the el rail across the water, I have a menu of bridges to choose from.  They all have the same graphic problem.
Eric

NASCAR_Guy

Hey guys, I recently re-installed NAM 29 after having some issue's with it. Now my game crashes every roughly 10-25 years of gameplay

What do I need to do?
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Ciuu96

Am I just blind, or is it really so that there aren't any textures of Tram-On-Road with grass on the median in the Lot Editor? I mean, I was going to lot few stations, but couldn't find either Overlay or Base Textures for this piece.  &mmm

Of course I can just export the textures from the Reader and use them, but before doing that i decided to ask here first.

Thanks!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Andreas

Well, considering that boarding passengers would trample the grass eventually, it is wise to use some kind of pavement for the station anyway, so simply pick those textures for your new stations.
Andreas

BigSlark

Andreas,

The New Orleans RTA (Formerly New Orleans Public Service Incorporated)'s St. Charles Line dates from 1833, when it was built as the New Orleans & Carrollton Railroad and here's a photograph of the stops along the majority of line, which runs in the neutral ground (which is New Orleans' colloquialism for the median) of St. Charles Avenue.

As we can see, the stops are just concrete slabs between the roadway and the tracks, with grass covering the rails. Apparently, the original stops were flagstone and the concrete appeared during modernization by NOPSI in the 1920's. I'd like to see some stops like these, so I could possibly pretend to recreate New Orleans (complete with its river-following street grid. Hello, nightmares about street grids.).

And those streetcars were built by the Perley A. Thomas Car Company in early 1920's and have been in use in New Orleans ever since. The Oak Street Car Barn is also a one-of-a-kind facility, these shops not only maintain the city's streetcars, but they also restore and fabricate parts for the entire fleet, from the 90-year old 900-series cars to the nearly new 2000-series air conditioned, handicap-accessible cars.

Also, check out the car barn on Google Maps, the street view is pretty neat.
http://goo.gl/maps/Esi5

Peace,
Kevin

cogeo

Hi,

I have some problems with props on GLR-in Avenue and GLR-in-Road puzzle pieces:

- Does this puzzle piece have stoplights or not? I can't make them appear. If it doesn't, is it (technically) possible to add them?
- In general I have problems with props (streetlights and stoplights). Props are not displayed, unless you terminate the network (eg plop a transition to normal avenue and GLR exit sidewards) or bulldoze the last (straight) piece. This makes the previous piece an "avenue end" and you have to plop another straight piece; the props in the lasr piece won't show.
- Please note that "terminating the network" is not always possible, esp when using RTMT (GLR/Avenue) stations. These do not really "connect" to the network, because the "network" here is a dual-network puzzle-piece, and making TE lots with a through network in this case is impossible; so these have  closed ends. Now plopping such stations is a little tricky, and in many cases it's not possible to lay the network and make the props appear, as the network isn't really "terminated". I have a little idea here, what is needed is a straight "terminator" piece: same textures, paths and T21, but connecting only to the one side. What is needed is to add the "arrow" texture (pointing the direction), just like the arrow in the draggable GLR starter piece. Is this technically feasible (and simple)?. If so, please consider this a "request". If you aren't going to do this anytime soon, please suggest me an ID (the puzzle piece is 1x2, so this requires a short range, rather than a single ID - or I could use a "hole" in the range of one of the larger GLR-in-Avenue pieces?)  and I could try this myself.
- Do the GLR-in-Road and GLR-in-Street puzzle pieces have streetlights? If yes, how can I make them appear?

Thanks

kassarc16

Quote from: cogeo on October 24, 2010, 10:51:20 AM
- In general I have problems with props (streetlights and stoplights). Props are not displayed, unless you terminate the network (eg plop a transition to normal avenue and GLR exit sidewards) or bulldoze the last (straight) piece. This makes the previous piece an "avenue end" and you have to plop another straight piece; the props in the lasr piece won't show.

- Do the GLR-in-Road and GLR-in-Street puzzle pieces have streetlights? If yes, how can I make them appear?

It takes a little trick, but they do have props. Place the pieces, starting with intersections, over an existing Avenue, and the props will appear. Might have to zone something along the Ave first, though.

And to my knowledge, the TRAM doesn't have T21s yet.

nico15821

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!  &hlp &hlp &hlp &hlp  :( :(
I just downloaded the newest version of NAM but when I started the game everything was in a left hand version. I didn't even touch the left hand version file. The only thing that does work on the right side is the RHW. Please i have been to different forums and websites and asked the creator himself !   &sly

- nico15821

MandelSoft

May we have a look in your NAM and RHW folder. There may still be LHD files in the NAM folder (even though you might haven't checked the LHD files in the installer, or accidentally you checked them any way). Just trying to rule out the obvious  ;).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

MandelSoft

Just take a screenshot of you NAM and RHW folder and post it here  ;).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

Nico, just in case I need to further Mrtnrln's instructions, on a Windows PC, there is a button called Prt Scrn|SysRq (on apple there is not  &sly) Anyway, the Prt Scrn button is what you want to press when your in your NAM folder. You then go to the MS paint program in your accessories folder, when in paint, use the edit menu paste option. You should now see a picture of the contents of your NAM folder. After you can see that picture, you should save, from that point on, you can upload that picture so we can see it here. However, if you are concerned about personal information, including your real name, you do not have to show that part. The important thing is the contents of your folder(s). The same steps are repeated to show any other folders.

nico15821

How do you do that on a mac? This is what sucks about mac, its fast and nice but not many games are available, and everyone has a PC.

nico15821

:D Thanks but no thanks. All I really had to do was delete the z_left hand version folder. So thats it. So i didnt really need your hlp but thanks any ways.  :P

:satisfied:
-nico15821

Artipsychol

Hi. Sorry, if someone has already asked about the same issue. Is there any way to fix this:

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Artipsychol on November 08, 2010, 03:00:11 PM
Hi. Sorry, if someone has already asked about the same issue. Is there any way to fix this:

That's how the TLA-3 is supposed to work; The paths are designed that way. Besides, you're probably not the only one who asked this question before...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

j-dub

TLA was really designed more for areas that had either driveways or parking lots, and that you could see cars turning off. However, I guess your office area does not really need cars turning off there anyway, so you could swap that TLA-3 with an AVE-3 instead, its just the road will have a median in the middle. It might look nicer though.