• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

editfish

Nexis4Jersey- I dont want to appear OT, but your use of Mas71's Walls really enhances your interchanges. :thumbsup:

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Haljackey on September 17, 2010, 11:11:47 AM
I am not quite sure what you're asking here. I you want C/D ramps for the RHW-6, you can just make them to the side? Or are you asking about something similar to the RHW-4 type "C" ramps for the RHW-6S?

I'm just saying that there are no C or D ramps that can be placed for RHW-8S, and that the closest current equivalent is the RHW 8S to 6C transition with combined MIS ramps; I just call it a C/D type ramp because that's the style of ramp it resembles.

Technically the ramp I'm imagining is called an RHW-6S C-type ramp; The RHW-4 C/D ramp has RHW-6S on one end and RHW-4 and MIS on the other, therefore, following the pattern, an RHW-6S C/D ramp would have RHW-8S on one end and RHW-6S and MIS on the other.

The area where you had the RHW 8S to 6C transition with MIS ramps? What came to mind when I first saw that was an application for the currently non-existent RHW-6S ramp. This is something best discussed with the RHW team (Which I believe you're one of the testers) on the RHW thread...

Quote from: cubby420 on September 17, 2010, 08:55:22 AM
GDO29Anagram...  :o  :o

That is may be the finest, smoothest, most realistic interchange I have seen...like...ever. Just great. I would really like to see this with some development and cleaning up; perhaps some signs and lights and trees and the such.  :thumbsup:

And the entire thing ain't even done yet... I lost the original on-paper schematic so now I'm kinda stuck... It's a seven-way interchange...

And yes, I definitely intend to add eyecandy, signs, trees, and lights... Unfortunately, it's all research and development to me, so city development ain't planned at this point... It'd be rather amazing though...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Gringamuyloca

if anyone would know, it would be the folks that post here...

can NWM go over or under RHW?

I would like to use the wide median MAVE4 as shown here either under or over RHW-4 but can't seem to find the necessary pieces in my menus..  :'(

Am I missing something?

many thanks...

Tamara

jdenm8

All the NWM networks can go UNDER ERHW-4, but it cannot cross over the ground networks without at-level intersections. Overpasses haven't been made, but I have seen images of them. The current functionality of them though is unknown to me.

As the network is split for a wide median, I don't think overpasses will ever be made. Just drag it underneath ERHW-4 if you want to run it past RHW.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

00V00

Excuse the very Maxis-y town, I recently lost my installation and haven't had the time to go on a downloading spree.

First post BTW :)

Nego

Hi 00V00 and welcome to the SC4Devotion community! That's quite a nice interchange you've got there, too. :thumbsup:

samerton

@ 00V00: welcome to SC4D! You've marked your first post with a spectacular interchange!  :thumbsup:

vitorhnn

Great, 00V00 but... that RHW reverted to RHW2 on the down-right corner? ()what()
I'm a mod on SimcityBrasil =)

00V00

Thanks guys, appreciate the welcome  :)

@vitorhnn, it reverted after I built that overpass you also see in the bottom right-hand corner, and I've been having difficulty sorting it out. Any suggestions?

canyonjumper

@00V00: Why don't you use the filler pieces?
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

00V00

Quote from: canyonjumper on September 23, 2010, 04:23:46 PM
@00V00: Why don't you use the filler pieces?

The filler pieces would act as a cosmetic solution to this particular problem as the road passing under the overpass would still be RHW-2.

Tarkus

Actually, try one of the ERHW-4-over-RHW-4 OxD pieces . . . they should be under the ERHW-over-RHW Diagonal Overpasses button.  Hitting TAB a few times should take you right to them.  They are properly pathed like an RHW-4 underneath, and with the proper textures.

Aside from that, that's an absolutely fantastic interchange there!

-Alex

j-dub

Because the thread is technically intersection, and because I had to build this in a neighborhood, and do reroutes, this I what I ended up doing.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=rtkfw7&s=7

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dueftd&s=7

Notice anything out of ordinary here?

MandelSoft

Yes: Half-Avenue intersections and trees on the left avenue.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nego

Also, the corners of the intersections are curved instead of being 90º corners, and the road to street transition in the last pic is different. That's a cool mod! Do you remember where you downloaded it from?

riiga

Quote from: Nego on September 24, 2010, 12:41:16 PM
Also, the corners of the intersections are curved instead of being 90º corners, and the road to street transition in the last pic is different. That's a cool mod! Do you remember where you downloaded it from?
I belive that's work in progress, so it hasn't been released yet.

Nego

Oh cool! :) Is there a development thread for it? ()what() I haven't seen one.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: j-dub on September 24, 2010, 09:57:13 AM
Notice anything out of ordinary here?

I'd have to speculate that it's the smoother OWR-2 curves. And I can tell that you used one side of an AVE for the diagonal OWR to ortho "OWR" intersection. I can also tell that some of the T-21 exemplars are edited...

Oh and I can also tell something about the AVE-Road transition... I have it also. But the one shown here looks different; The number of yellow lines isn't the same...

But how come when there's a true OWR branching off diagonally off an ortho ORW, the texture shows something almost like a slip lane...?
I can tell... I'm making my own set also... The OWR-2 curves are far too smooth to be the default texture... And I already know what the default looks like. (I think everyone should know...)

The crosswalks look familiar but they just don't look the same...

I would have to conclude that there's some re-texturing going on here... And I think I know what it is...  $%Grinno$%
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Jonathan

On the right side of the intersection there is no transition from Avenue to OWR (you can't have a curve OWR directly after a ATL)?

superhands

QuoteI would have to conclude that there's some re-texturing going on here... And I think I know what it is... 

o do you now?  ;D

-dave