• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariuszd

Quote from: jdenm8 on August 29, 2010, 04:45:50 PM
Have you undone the LHD arrow fix for V4.0? The uninstaller WILL NOT remove that file if you moved it or renamed it so it does actually load last (fixing the bug). I encountered many similar issues, but when I removed that file, many of them resolved themselves.

What is lhd? Is it the name of the file. I've got the same problem with mis ramps of all types and puzzle avenue,road and one way road over rhw 6s,8,10. I use windows version.

Tarkus

LHD = Left-Hand Drive.

Quote from: mariuszd on August 30, 2010, 12:07:38 PM
I've got the same problem with mis ramps of all types and puzzle avenue,road and one way road over rhw 6s,8,10. I use windows version.

Redownload the RHW--that issue was fixed in an update on August 16th.

-Alex

citybuilderx

Sorry for the mad posting rampage  ;).

I have seen the following piece in variuos MD's and CJ's, but still have yet to see it in a release. Will it ever be released?

Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: citybuilderx on August 30, 2010, 12:59:00 PM
I have seen the following piece in variuos MD's and CJ's, but still have yet to see it in a release. Will it ever be released?

An RHW-8S C/D Type Ramp? I'm hoping that kind of piece to be released by RHW 5.0, though I haven't seen one in development from any of the RHW team yet...

I'm just a fanboy of the RHW Mod, and yet I'm disappointed with the overall lack of ramp variety for RHW-8S and RHW-10 for the past two versions (3.0 and 4.1)... Still, great work to the RHW Team, and I hope to see more ramps for the RHW-8S and RHW-10, among other things...

Of course, you guys always seem to surprise us...

Oh, a few more things:

- Are Wide-Radius Curves for something like the RHW-6S and RHW-8S possible or would they be rather large?
- Is a FARHW-8S piece possible, or would it be rather bulky?
- You know the RHW-8S Splitter piece? Is it possible for the RHW-4 splitting off to be FARHW; We already have orthogonal and diagonal...
- (I think I've seen a one-tile shift for an RHW-8 here before...)
- FARHW to Diagonal RHW, at least for RHW-4...? And MIS...?

Forgive me if I'm really demanding; It's just that I just keep thinking of what's missing with this mod...  :-[ There's such a great potential for this still...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

sepen77

^ I really need that RHW-6S and 8S C/D ramps too!!! A RHW-6C C/D ramps would be great too!
~ Sepen77

Tarkus

Quote from: citybuilderx on August 30, 2010, 12:59:00 PM

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on August 30, 2010, 02:37:27 PM
An RHW-8S C/D Type Ramp? I'm hoping that kind of piece to be released by RHW 5.0, though I haven't seen one in development from any of the RHW team yet...

If you've seen something like that, it was probably the existing RHW-8C ramp that was in 4.0.  There's been no development done on RHW-6S Type C or D ramps to the best of my knowledge.  They are, however, planned, though it's uncertain which version they'll be added--it'll probably be a mid-4.x release like 4.3 or 4.4.

I'm just a fanboy of the RHW Mod, and yet I'm disappointed with the overall lack of ramp variety for RHW-8S and RHW-10 for the past two versions (3.0 and 4.1)... Still, great work to the RHW Team, and I hope to see more ramps for the RHW-8S and RHW-10, among other things...

That is one of the gaps that'll be filled in over the 4.x series.

- Are Wide-Radius Curves for something like the RHW-6S and RHW-8S possible or would they be rather large?

They are possible--the size would not be too prohibitive, as long as we're not talking about a full 90-degree curve.

- Is a FARHW-8S piece possible, or would it be rather bulky?

It is possible as well--the size would probably end up being one tile wider than the existing FARHW-6S.

- You know the RHW-8S Splitter piece? Is it possible for the RHW-4 splitting off to be FARHW; We already have orthogonal and diagonal...

A good idea--will likely happen in a 4.x release.

- (I think I've seen a one-tile shift for an RHW-8 here before...)

I believe smoncrie showed a pic of an RHW-10 S-Curve/Lane Shift last year some time--it was made using his MORPH Curve models which bend the orthogonal texture.  Unfortunately, he disappeared shortly after posting it and none of us have the model.

- FARHW to Diagonal RHW, at least for RHW-4...? And MIS...?

Shadow Assassin did up some work on FARHW-4 to Diagonal RHW-4 pieces during development on 4.0, though they hadn't gotten pathed yet.  That'll probably happen by 4.2.  MIS is uncertain but probably going to find its way into a 4.x.

Forgive me if I'm really demanding; It's just that I just keep thinking of what's missing with this mod...  :-[ There's such a great potential for this still...

No worries--all of us RHW developers have very similar lists in our minds. :D  It's mostly just a matter of "when" instead of "if", as we gradually fill everything in over additional releases.

-Alex

TEG24601

Could we get some 1 tile shifts for the expanded networks (6C/S, 8S, etc), sometimes you just need to move everything over one tile, and it is not feasible yet?  Additionally, much like the WA Curves for the RHW-4, could we get a single piece to shift RHW-4 over 1 tile, side by side?  It would also make things a bit easier if the 45° that comes off of the wide curve was also a starter to keep the road going, then filler wouldn't need to be used as often.

TEG

Blue Lightning

If you've read above,

I believe smoncrie showed a pic of an RHW-10 S-Curve/Lane Shift last year some time--it was made using his MORPH Curve models which bend the orthogonal texture.  Unfortunately, he disappeared shortly after posting it and none of us have the model.

Its not entirely true, I have the 1 tile version of them and I should be able to edit the models to support a 2 or 3 tile wide network. It all depends on how much time I have though, as RL is crashing down on me.

It would also make things a bit easier if the 45° that comes off of the wide curve was also a starter to keep the road going, then filler wouldn't need to be used as often.
We might possibly think about having a starter and starterless version of the piece.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tarkus

Additionally, I'm not aware of a way to make a starter for the diagonal RHW-6S.  I attempted to make one awhile back (during 3.0 development), but had absolutely zero luck with it given the way that network's diagonal is situated.

-Alex

pierrebaptiste

Hello  :)

Can you give me the size of this piece of RHW in gmax   ? 

RHW-2   
RHW-4   
RHW-6S   
RHW-8S   

I practice an expereience

Tanks  :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nego

Wow. Thats so funny. I was about to post the same thing! :D

Anyway, so what's going to happen with the missing preview texture for the Style D Entrance ramp. What's the status on fixing it?

mariuszd

Quote from: Tarkus on August 30, 2010, 12:25:22 PM
LHD = Left-Hand Drive.

Redownload the RHW--that issue was fixed in an update on August 16th.

-Alex

Thank you. It helped.

kbieniu7

Mrtnrln, I think in your picture, with the grey highway, you have some mistake with lenght  ???
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

io_bg

Quote from: kbieniu7 on August 31, 2010, 12:30:57 PM
Mrtnrln, I think in your picture, with the grey highway, you have some mistake with lenght  ???
That's a Maxis highway after all ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: mrtnrln on August 31, 2010, 10:12:55 AM

Wow... I never thought I'd be able to see the actual measurements... That's why I hate the Maxis highways: No elbow room...

Hold on...

- If the 10M measurement and the 4M measurement on the MHW combined represent just one side of the MHW, then wouldn't the measurement of the entire highway be 28M? Is there an inadvertent calculation error in here...? (kbieniu7 could be right...)
- I'm also curious about the measurements of the shoulder lanes on the RHW...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Quote from: Nego on August 31, 2010, 10:54:42 AM
Anyway, so what's going to happen with the missing preview texture for the Style D Entrance ramp. What's the status on fixing it?

I've looked over the released versions of the files (both Mac and Windows) several times over--the texture IIDs that are being applied to the Entrance ramp are the exact same as those applied to the Exit.  As the Entrance and Exit ramps use the same texture IIDs, and the Exit is working, the only possible explanation for the problem is that you have a file somewhere in your Plugins that has a duplicate preview model at the same IIDs with different texture IIDs applied.  The model in question is 0x5ceb2a05.  

mrtnrln's Euro Texture Replacement mod does modify the texture IIDs applied to that particular model to ones that do not exist in the default set (in the file zzzz_TRM_Euro_MRTNRLN_V40_AlteredModels_RHD.dat)--is it possible you may have a piece of that somewhere in your Plugins?  You can probably find the conflicting model by using a process similar to the one here, by comparing RealHighwayMod_RampInterfacePieces.dat and looking for matches on 0x5ceb2a05.

-Alex

Kitsune

Any chance of a type C/D style 90 degree curve ramp? Where the MIS merges after a 90 degree curve.
~ NAM Team Member

pierrebaptiste

Hello  :)

It is possible to find a solution for motorway in 2x3 ways of RHW and bridge system . Because When we use a motorway in 2x3 ways we must create a separator : 3 ways > 2 ways + 2 ways > 3 ways . It's not good for the trafic  &mmm .

May be we can create a system with the RHW pieces suspended :

- 2 ways
- 1 ways

(this piece on the picture )

Because when i want create a bridge with the piece 2 ways or 1 way suspended , i have a basic road of RHW in 2x1 ways

vinlabsc3k

Wow, these new pieces are very useful for me. :thumbsup: Thanx to Tarkus and all the the other NAM Dev, u r the best. &apls &apls
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!