• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Logarithmic Exposure Control plugin isn't showing up!!!

Started by dogfight, October 29, 2007, 01:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dogfight

I am having problems with the Logarithmic Exposure Control plugin. It isn't showing up :oDoes it really make a big difference? I don't know if it has something to do with BAT4Max. All the BAT4max "rollups" are installed and appear to be working. However the LEC Plugin isn't there. I know it's a Max plugin that comes with max, but it's not there. Can anyone help? :(
Please check SimFox' tutorial here for a better explanation.

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

callagrafx

Simply copy all of the plugins from the 3DSMax plugins folder into the gamepacks\BAT folder then restart the software.  You changed the 3dsmax.ini file to alter the path of the PlugCfg folder, so you need to copy the existing plugins to the new path.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

dogfight

callagrafx: I have just reinstalled everything so I don't have any plugins in the 3dsmax9/plugins folder &cry2
jeronij: Hello. That is the tutorial I followed.
Ok as I have said I reinstalled everything. I now know the logarithmic exposure control works until I change (as callagrafx pointed out) the 3dsmax.ini plugCFG line to change the path to the BAT directory.
here is the original ini file

when in max the exposure control options includes the logarithmic Exposure Control

When I change the ini PlugCFG path to reflect the BAT directory

There is no longer the Logarithmic EC option.  &hlp

In his tutorial Simfox also mentioned "Also make sure that all the plug-ins from PlugCFG have been initialized"
Could this be where my problem is? If it is how do I initialize the PlugCFG plugins?
Sorry tech stuff is not my thing &ops

It's frustrating because I'm sure it's something very simple I'm missing but just don't know what. &hlp
Thanks all
EDIT I have also moved the PlugCFG folder over to the BAT folder :thumbsup:

I almost forgot to add a pic of my BAT.ini file ;D

dogfight

No need to answer anymore guys.
It has been taken care of. Thanks :thumbsup: