• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 + gmax with Vista

Started by Krio, December 01, 2007, 09:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krio

I didn't find any theard about this here and ST's search function isn't very good so:

Does SC4 run with Windows Vista? I'm buying new PC on Tuesday (4 times faster and better and bigger and..!) but it has Vista ready. I'm not happy about that, because my workmate told that when bought Vista several games didn't run on it. New PC is cheaper to buy than upgrade this old to meet requirments of newer games like Crysis :P
If SC4 runs with Vista, does it affect to custom content?

And what about gMax and Vista or should I just buy the 3dsMax or are there any other programs which can be used to create custom content for SC4? I'm selling this old one and if gMax and SC4 wont work with Vista, then no more SC4 for me  &mmm

ltrskn

I have Vista Home Premium and both SC4 and gmax run just fine. No problems with custom content, either. I'm actually getting fewer crashes now than I had with XP.

Krio

Thank you for your reply  &apls

So it means that I keep making custom content and updating Qaddro.

Xiziz

I guess it should run them, personally id install XP over it, as from my experience of Vista(which is limited to fooling around with friends computers), is that its totaly worthless and it complains all the time when trying to play LAN-games.

Congratulations on the new PC though :D

Krio

I assume that JUST BOUGHT 3dsMax won't work with Vista, atleast Windows does not open the program.

I bought version 9.0 by the way.

I downloaded Service Pack 2 and now it works! Money well spent  :P