• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Garbage Production out of control

Started by LK703, January 07, 2008, 09:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LK703

Hi,

I'm having a real issue in one of my cities.  The population is around 36K, commercial 36K, industrial 6K.  There's nothing special about it but ONLY in this city, the garbage production is outrageous.  It requires 18 waste-to-energy plants to keep it at zero garbage.  The only thing I've done differently here is that I use a lot of tunnels, and I have one or two custom lots.  I've read another thread which suggested bulldozing sections and seeing if the garbage stopped, but even after I bulldozed the entire city (underground as well) the garbage continued to rise.  Has anyone seen this before??  :angrymore:

Thanks,
LK703

TopCliff

That sounds like an interesting problem. So, even after the WHOLE city was demolished, garbage kept being produced? I've never heard of that. What I would do to counter-act this is to enable all the garbage related ordinances and max out capacity on all garbage lots. You might want to even download one of the LEX's super powerful waste-to-energy converters. I hope I was of some help.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

BarbyW

What custom lots do you have? Have you used any radical garbage clearing lots in the region?
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

LK703

TopCliff,

I actually have ALL of the garbage-related ordinances enabled.

Barby W,
I have two NDEX-South Wacker Street Buildings and also some pollution clearing lots I was trying out.  I have these in other cities, so I'm not sure why it's only this city.  One side question:  For the 4 pollution values defined in the Plugin Manager, it's my understanding that the garbage one only affects garbage pollution, not actual garbage.  Is that correct?

Thanks  for the lightning fast responses!  ;D

JoeST

How many times have you bulldozed waste production buildings?

Joe

EDIT: i meant collection, and yeah i guess your right Barby
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

LK703

Don't all RCI buildings produce garbage?  If so, I've bulldozed quite a few, usually if they were abandoned.  Most of my bulldozing, though, has been road work. (ah ok, garbage collection...not very often, but a few times)

As a test, I just re-ran the clearing the entire city test, and within 3 months, it was up to 160,000 tons of garbage after there was no city left.  Except of course for the landfills, which I can't get rid of.

Barby W,
Ok I didn't know that.  I thought that it was only what was shown on the garbage map (when you can see garbage in the streets)  I'm starting to wonder if the garbage pollution total can become so negative that it becomes positive again (as in a signed integer) If that's true then it might be the number of custom lots I have.  That still doesn't explain the garbage production with no city, but maybe that's an after-effect.

EDIT:  OK another interesting test: I removed all of the custom buildings (which have large negative pollution values) and the garbage skyrocketed, even with 18 WTE converters.  This city doesn't seem like it's worth saving...maybe I should convert it into a huge landfill and send all the garbage from the region there...  :D

xxdita

It could be that you've simply put too many cheat lots into the city. I've seen the same with parks that wipe out Air Pollution. One too many, and all of a sudden you're overwhlemed with pollution.
Sometimes demolishing those lots can have the same impact.
Really, any extreme cheat lot could damage your city if abused. If you're having serious Garbage issues without the cheats, try using RaphaelNinja's Clean Air and Waste to Nothing Processor Ordinance available in Radical Ordinance V2.0 http://www.simtropolis.com/modding/index.cfm?p=details&id=282
Using this mod, you should only need one standard garbage facility.