• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problems with Walmart Parking Lot

Started by keithsed, January 09, 2008, 04:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithsed

Hi everyone:

I need some help on a Walmart dependency. I hope this is the right place to ask this type of questions if not chalk it up to old age.   &mmm

I plopped BLaM's Walmart Supercenter in my city and I'm having parking lot problems. 

The only dependency the readme calls for is "Shopping Center Parking Pack 4 and More"  I've found it and installed "WalkingSnake Textures Vol 01" however it still doesn't come out right.  I thought something might be overwriting it so I loaded it last, after everything else, and my paking lot stays the same.   :(   

The only other two parking lot files I can find that I've loaded are:

NDEX Parking Lots
Parking Kit

Could they be causing the problem?

Can anyone help me before I plop a Super Target instead   :D

Thanks.

Keith

keithsed

Sorry for posting the .jpg twice.

I tried to change it and delete it and start over but it wouldn't let me.

:(

Keith

Andreas

I don't know that "parking kit", but it might be the culprit. Try to remove everything from your plugins folder and only install the Walmart and its dependencies. Maybe the lot still uses the outdated SC4Jeeks parking lot textures that were corrected by the "Walking Snake Textures Vol. 01" release? If everything fails, contact BLaM and ask if they could verify the dependency list.
Andreas

DFire870

It's not the parking kit, because I have the same problem and the only parking lots I have are the textures that the lot calls for and the NDEX parking lots.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

keithsed

Thanks Andreas I'll try that.  If it doesn't work how do I go about contacting BLaM?  Can I find them here?

Thanks to you John for your help also.  I'm glad I'm not the only one that has the problem.  Do you still have the problem?  What did you do about it?  Did you just give up on the Walmart?

Thanks

Keith

BarbyW

This will need re lotting as it uses the no longer available old texture pack by sc4jeeks.  You will need to open it in LE and change the textures to those from the new WalkingSnake pack that you have if you want to do it yourself.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

DFire870

Ah okay, that makes sense. I figured it was something with the relotting... Sadly I have no idea how to work the LE so I suppose I'll just wait.

And Keith, I'm currently not using it, but there are two other Wal-Marts I've found (a regular-sized one and a super one) that I'm using for now.

-- John

XiahouDun

Ironically thats the same lot I was using to test my parking lot props/textures ??? I wouldn't mind trying to relot it with permission of course.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

keithsed

Thanks guys:

John--where did you find the other Walmarts on STEX?  Could you give me a linkie or point me in the right direction?

Keith

RippleJet

keithsed

DFire870

That Wal-Mart that RippleJet posted is one of the two I'm using. The other one is by Hableurg, and it's on the STEX here. It's a different style but still works great.

-- John

keithsed

Thanks John

I did a search on STEX for "Walmart" and didn't find this one.  It would have never come up on my search since I didn't include the hyphen in my search.

Thanks everyone again.

Keith