• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reward and airport problems

Started by jip2, January 12, 2008, 02:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jip2

I did some changes in my city and the changes required me to demolish some reward objects like the zoo. The problem is that I can't get them all back. I should meet the requirements but I can't still have them. How can I get them back without cheating? There's no UDI missions for the zoo for exeple.

Then I have a problem with the airport. Currently I have a Large version of the 2. airport. The problem is that the usage won't go up and the airport won't update to the biggest version (international airport).

krbe

About the airport: I believe usage is calculated on the basis on commercial inhabitants, as it works as a cap buster for C. More commercial need satisfied, more airport usage. You might have to start developing neigbouring cities to get the demand up.

jip2

Hmm. I was just wondering do I have to delete the old airport and place a new one or will the game automatically suggest an update to a bigger airport?

FrankU

Perhaps you need to run your city a couple of days after you demolished the rewards.
Usually I can rebuild a demolished reward immediately, but sometimes it seems that I have to wait some days. I don't really know how it works exactly.
Another thing is: did anyone ever get the Bureau of Bureacracy? I meet the requirements all the time, in severeal cites, but never got the Bureau. Is this a bug?

SC4BOY

The short answer is no.. some rewards simply can't be recovered. Its been that way from the start. Since its easily gotten around, it isn't worth investing more effort in "solving" the issue again.. more fun things to work on..

The airport upgrade is an iffy item.. you have to meet all requirements AND have room to expand without changing terrain/ surroundings.. and even then its iffy.

All answers are the same as when you asked it on ST.. :)

RippleJet

You can find the requirements for all Maxis rewards here: How to Get Maxis Rewards

For the zoo, note that you have to have at more than 25 parks in your city...
Maybe you've bulldozed some of them after you built the zoo the first time.

Regarding the Bureau of Bureaucracy the answer is yes! :)
There are two requirements that are usually overseen:
- Your education funding has to be >101%
- Your health funding has to be >101%

Regaring the airports, there are three sizes of in-game airports:

1. Landing stripLot Size: 6×18
2.Municipal airportLot Size: 10×29
3.International airport   Lot Size: 15×35

Each of these airports has three growth stages, small, medium and large.
Once the third growth stage has been reached (e.g. a large municipal airport) it won't be upgraded anymore.
A landing strip can never upgrade into a municipal airport and a municipal airport can never upgrade into an international airport.

In other words, you have to plop the first stage of the international airport (the small one), after which it a can upgrade twice.
The upgrade is automatically offered whenever an airport is fully funded and the capacity used exceeds 95%.