• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Some of my buildings looks like giant gifts

Started by Shanti, January 15, 2008, 01:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanti

Hello everybody !
I just joined today your community. I've been playing Simcities for ten years now ( I started with the first one when it was released, a long long time ago ). I finally decided to take some free time of mine, after a while without playing games and simulators, to play sim city 4.

I have a problem. I've downloaded a few lots and bats, and I have this strange giant gift in my new-born city. Does anyone knows how to resolve this ?

Krio

You're missing a dependency or several of them. Read the readme and download all dependacies and problem is solved.

City Builder

Pffft, and here I thought it was my birthday present from SC4.  :angrymore:

All problems will be solved as Krio says,  (unless) the author of the file has forgotten about a dependency and didn't put it in the readme.  I've got a couple of those files that Im still trying to track down the missing dependency files and about to give up on them already.  With all the vast amount of custom content it's really getting to the point where its no longer worth downloading all these dependency files for in my opinion way too many lots that make use of one piece from this one and one piece from that one.

Anyway, make sure you have all the dependency files listed in the files readme, and if it still has the gift wrapping then let people know what it is and maybe they know of a file(s) that is necessary but wasn't listed properly in the list.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

Shanti

OK Thank you guys !

Just another little thing: I'm pretty new concerning add ons. There's so much lots, bats, mods, nams everywhere. I don't know how to begin my researches. Maybe some of you my friends could offer me a short list of the best general add ons to begin with....

City Builder

Quote from: Shanti on January 15, 2008, 04:10:53 PM
OK Thank you guys !

Just another little thing: I'm pretty new concerning add ons. There's so much lots, bats, mods, nams everywhere. I don't know how to begin my researches. Maybe some of you my friends could offer me a short list of the best general add ons to begin with....

Some of the best I've every seen come from Pegasus at www.simpeg.com  I love the waterfront pier type of themed content and the mountain content is outstanding.  Other than that, I generally only use the NAM although I've got tons of content installed I don't really use it on a regular basis.

I think it depends on what and how you wish to build your cities.  Some content seems better suited for the natural growing content and others seem better suited for those folks that enjoy plopping their cities down.  I guess you have to decide which one you wish to do, or both.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

BigSlark

Quote from: Shanti on January 15, 2008, 04:10:53 PM
OK Thank you guys !

Shanti,

I recommend logging into the LEX, clicking the Site Extras link on the left side of the page, then click on "Legends." This gives you all the categories on the LEX so you can browse and find what looks good to you. When you find something you like, click on the "Add to Download List" link. Next, download and install the BSC LEX Downloader, which will download all the files you added to your download list as well as keep track of them when they are updated.

Welcome to SC4D and have fun!

Cheers,
Kevin

Shanti

Thank you city builder and bigslark !

The want to play this game with no rush (even if there's rush hour), let the building grow by themselves, no plops, no cheat codes. I don't run after skyscrapers or millions of inhabitants. My pleasure is to build nice little streets with nice houses between trees and sea. Of course I want to have some CBD one day, but in a realistic way, no more. I was looking for nice growable residential and commercial buildings, canals, beautiful riversides etc.. I'll take a look on the LEX, but where can I found that ? Is it on SC4devotion ? And how many and which Nams should I download, I mean the ones you guys can't live with ?

PS: please excuse eventual language mistakes, my english isn't perfect, I'm just a frog from Paris, France.. :)

wouanagaine

Hi Shanti

just clic on the on the top right of this page, it will bring you to the LEX where you'll need to register also ( preferrably with the same username, this way we can identify you easier if you have problems )

And if you want to speak french, Jeroni made a little place for us here :
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=129.0

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

vester

Quote from: Shanti on January 15, 2008, 10:47:48 PM
The want to play this game with no rush (even if there's rush hour), ...

Not sure what you mean by this, but just to make sure. You need either the expansion pack Rush Hour or the SC4 Deluxe, to use custom content.

existenz

I think Shanti means that she/he wants to play naturally with no cheats and take the time to see things grow without ploppables. Shanti the NAM is a must have. Also I love farms so look at the wonderful BSC, Mickelbear and JMeyers etc farms - they are (for me) a must have. PEGs stuff is also great and he has several new lots about to be released. Try JBSimio's smalltown set, Spas canadian buildings and Gascookers stuff for UK buildings too. Another thing if you find your game takes ages to load after installing all this great stuff is to install Datpacker by Wouganaine - it compresses all your files into one or several dat files thus the game doesn't have to load so many files. I found it eliminated nearly all my crashes while zooming. Have a look at the CAM and see if that is for you too - it evens out the growth stages of all RCI and adds several more stages as well. But most of all have fun! ;D
Annie