• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feyss

Nice pictures. I especialy like the temple located in a little peninisula. It adds something to the atmosphere. And the little airport is nice too.  :thumbsup:

art128

Thanks for the comments! :)

Vortext: Next time I launch the game, I'll see if there is a name on the lot so I can track it down for you. :) That is if you don't find it in the meantime of course. :)

Yumi-chan (ユミーちゃん): Thanks for the comment. :) If you're talking about what I think, then these are Uki's shops. Thanks again for the comment and don't hesitate to stop by again sometime. :)

--

Now place for the updates. Thanks guy for the new page! Three updates on the same page would have been a little overkill.  $%Grinno$%

In the news. I've added some new tiles to my region, to the south of the Mount Kamiyama. (well actually Kamiyama already means God's Mountain as kami=god and yama=mountain, anyway.) At first I created it to be a separate region, something as a break from my usual one, but then decided to merge them here as I thought it would look good.

Oh yeah, on a side not, Region census only renders 3/4 of the region, the " bottom " part is left out. Any idea how I could fix this? It's really annoying to go back to the game and snapshot the missing parts one by one.

So yeah, today we'll be focusing on the town of Hakone, which is (as its real life counterpart) a touristic hot springs area. (Onsen)

As always thanks for the comments, hope you guys liked yet another update from me. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ユミーちゃん

Thanks for the link! I've been looking for those everywhere! And the pictures you show are amazing! &apls Keep up the great work! Lovin' it! :thumbsup:

Kergelen

Fantastic mosaic! &apls

I like how the town fits into the landscape. The region is interesting also.

Links to SC4 websites

Nanami

Nice work again!  Lovely stream there!

Are you refering to Hakone, Kanagawa btw?

edit: are you planning to relase the Station?

Gugu3

Dantes

Where is the onsen?
I want to go to Onsen! Otouto-chan, I will go to the Onsen!
Then just to Sento! And there I will bathe very long!

Great work again =^w^=

vortext

Gorgeous mountain river!  &apls

As for region census: I've noticed strange behavior while manipulating regions as well, especially when changing size (ingame too btw, couldn't get to the edge on one side). In the end I used the Terraformer to export the manipulated region as SC4M file and used that, plus a brand new region config to re-render the region as a whole. Then after a lengthy matching task I went ingame and imported every city tile from the manipulated region into the freshly rendered one. Not a small feat and there're probably other, easier ways to go about but I didn't want to lose all the flora I'd already planted.  ::)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

The river and the riverbanks are magnificent. I like the urban development!  :thumbsup:

benedict

Congratulations, you're back at number one on Ben's Top Ten this week.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

noahclem

Great updates Arthur  &apls  I love the way the airport turned out and you've built a great cityscape along the water!

art128

Kisa - Yep, I'm indeed referring to Hakone, Kanagawa. :) It was my main source of inspiration.

Dantes - All the buildings (modern) along the river are the hotels/onsen. Unfortunately there isn't any old styled onsen building out there. ( or at least I didn't find any)

Vortext - Eh... Too bothersome.  $%Grinno$% I'll just keep it as it is now.

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Eeh today we're going to see a rural town named Shizu.

Click for HD

Hope you liked it! :)

Props & Texture Catalog

Nanami

lovely and kinda shizu (tranquill) :P

the only thing bother me is that maxis farm which kinda out of place IMO   $%Grinno$% other than that looks very nice!

where do you get that temple in 2nd picture btw?

noahclem

Beautiful little town  &apls  I love the bats and farms and the way everything fits together so organically.

Speaking of bats....any chance you could point me in the direction of that rail station, the parking ramp, and that curved building below the station?  ::)  I could probably turn the curved one into an overhanging one that could fit a curved road nicely  ;)

art128

Thanks guys.

I'll change the maxis farm then. I have to agree it looks a bit odd here.

Noah: I've found the curved building on bripizza Here. The train station comes from This website. And finally the parking building comes from Here. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Fantastic job Arthur !! I like so much those little trains with just two cars going through the city, fantastic detail  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

benedict

Excellent work as always, and you're number one on BTT for another week.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

art128

Hello, thanks for the comments! :)

Today we'll see some pictures from the revised version of Enoshima.

Click on the picture for full size.

The train station located on the mainland. People have to cross the bridge to access the Enoshima island.

The old town composed of older buildings.

The new observation tower is also a tall lighthouse.

A traditional hotel.

The old lighthouse was replaced by the newer taller structure seen previously. It is now the museum of the history of Enoshima.

A beach located near a shrine.

I hope you liked this update.
I'll try to make the next one about the Akihabara area of Kamiyama... If I have the BATs ready. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Great pictures as per usual, however, the link to region view doesn't work for me, it just opens an empty tab. Hm yes, sweet region view is back.  ()stsfd()

Looking forward to your new BATs!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester