• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dependencies, cleanitol....

Started by neville_bartos, December 28, 2008, 03:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neville_bartos

Hi,

I've got a feeling this post could provoke an angry response from all the old hats in here but what the hell...

I've just got simcity 4 deluxe and i want to download some mods that will enable me to create a varied and aesthetically pleasing city. My main priority is building a NY style metropolis. However, the whole download and dependecies situation is confusing the s**t out of me!

So i just wanted to know, what are the best mods for my situation and how do you go about ensuring that they grow in your game?

RippleJet

If you want a nice reply, ask nicely!  Quite simple, isn't it? ::)

If you want a NY style metropolis, with a compact downtown and sprawling suburbs, you might want to try out CAM (link in my signature).

The easiest (and fastest) way to get almost everything available on the LEX and almost all CAMeLots with their models and all other dependencies is to donate and get the SC4D DVD.

Otherwise, for US style houses and offices, search the LEX for the creators marcszar, JBSimio, SimGoober, spa, Bobbo662, jmyers2043.
If you want industrials too, don't miss jestarr.
For skyscrapers in general, you'd find all CAMeLots (stage 9 and above) in CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats.

jestarr

In addition to RippleJet's good advice, if you specifically want NY City buildings, search for these BATters on Simtropolis.

ah123ah123
desimciti
Hanson784
Jasoncw

JBSimio

To add one more to the list... if you find Jasoncw's buildings to your liking, you'll also want to search for Nofunk on the STEX too.   :thumbsup:

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion