• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

a little help please

Started by nicohelmsing, January 11, 2010, 11:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicohelmsing

hello All,
I'm a newbie to simcity 4 deluxe
I installed the game and did the NAM update, the BSCinstall essetials 2 textures and the bsc mega props misc vol2.

The problem is that i get kicked out after about 5 min to my desktop while continuing with my cities that i made before these updates.
Please help.

thanks Nico

Rady

Is there anything special that you're doing the moment you have the crash to desktop (CTD)? Like plopping some lot or something?

From what you mentioned to have installed, I wouldn't suppose that any of these plugins would cause a CTD .. Did you try to uninstall anything that you installed (NAM, BSC textures and Mega Props) and run your city again - in that case, are you gettin' CTDs also or is the problem solved then?
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

jmyers2043

hello Nico

Textures and props will not cause a CTD. So that leaves the NAM.

There is a game crash if you hover a puzzle piece over a transit-enabled LOT. So you basically have to be careful when wanting to place certain NAM interchanges etc. . .

The other thing I'd do would be to uninstall the NAM. And reinstall it using the default settings for the time being. Play the game and to gain some confidence. Going back later to install extra stuff.

'The Nam Place' is a good spot to read up about the NAM. 

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=90.0
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

nicohelmsing

Thanks for the input,
What i'll do is uninstall the NAM and reinstall it default settings
My region containes 4 cities and i was building a 5th with the new settings. Maybe i should just raze my cities and start all over with the reinstalled settings.

is this wise?
Cheers Nico