• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

getting to know Max

Started by thingfishs, April 08, 2010, 04:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thingfishs

Here's a picture of my problem in case it jogs anyone's memory, as I said, the render view is the same (other than the lighting), regardless of orientation chosen:

Girafe

do you change the background color ??
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

thingfishs

no, that's how the preview renders look (what colour should they be?). btw a fully rendered BAT comes out with the same problem.

Girafe

Something Simfox said me, thnk you have maybe the same problem  &Thk/(

I also see that you Bat4Max isn't set quite right. Things are too dark. There is a bug in some version of Max (or Max script) the program doesn't pick up settings made for Gamma correction made by script. They are there, if you open Gamma and LUT tab in Preferences (found in Customize menu) you'll see that everything is right, so you don't need (if you use Max 2010) to alter anything just click on OK and than you should see the difference.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

thingfishs

Quote from: Girafe on November 20, 2010, 07:51:33 AM
I also see that you Bat4Max isn't set quite right. Things are too dark.

OK, thanks Girafe, I'll follow your instruction.

No ideas about why I only have one view? ()what()

zero7

It's to do with how the light rig and object rotate and happens when you lose the helper that ties the two together - I can't remember how to fix it within the scene (I haven't had it happen to me for a while), but the simplest way to fix it is to merge the model into a new scene.

It's probably worth starting a new scene with a simple object first to check that the problem is limited to just this scene.

Call me Richard