• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

EAMA a maximum capacity of buildings

Started by ivo_su, November 16, 2010, 11:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo_su

Hi I wonder if there is a maximum capacity of the buildings and what does it depend on? I ask because I tried to create a couple of times to create a building with a huge capacity. In my case it is a CO building. Once I tried to make it with 1 million jobs then with 80 000 jobs but unfortunately I couldn't succeed in this. And while SC4 tool shows me the values I want in the game the buildings have a capacity of about 16,000 jobs

- Ivaylo

ksmith

ivo_su

Unfortunately, so confused that nothing understand. Sorry maybe the problem is but I do not really see how many jobs or residents is likely to have a building

- Ivaylo

Andreas

If you don't use the CAM, the maximum capacity of a building is about 7000 or 8000 residents or jobs, this seem to differ a bit and will not always work if you set this capacity. Low-wealth buildings might hold a bit more (I've seen some in-game R-$ buildings with about 8000 residents), whereas the limit for high-wealth is more like 6500. The actual occupancy of a building is based on the offered capacity and the local desirability. This means that the same building might hold more sims if it grew next to a park, but it can hold a lot less if there was garbage in the streets and stuff like that. Naturally, those buildings will only grow if the demand is high enough.
Andreas

RippleJet

The maximum capacity for all kinds of buildings (R, C, I) is set by the format in the saved games.
In all cases, the maximum allowed capacity is 65,535 (0xFFFF in hexadecimal).

ivo_su

Quote from: RippleJet on November 16, 2010, 02:46:00 PM
The maximum capacity for all kinds of buildings (R, C, I) is set by the format in the saved games.
In all cases, the maximum allowed capacity is 65,535 (0xFFFF in hexadecimal).
Yeah your answer seems the most logical because I managed to create buildings by type  I-HT with 60 000 jobs and really works. Thank you very much for having to inform me how many I can fill the buildings of R,C,I
However, if you think about the way I can increase the capacity of these 65 535 please inform me

- Ivaylo

ivo_su

the attention of Andreas
my friend I use CAM and still have buildings with a capacity well above those for 8000 are talking about. Examples include Al Burj to over 12,000 Liberte by about 10 000 Manhattan Hill collected 15 000, etc.
From corporate buildings I've met those with more than 25,000 examples have many to enumerate them. Personally, I changed my status yesterday TungChung Crescent and made it from
R$$ on R$$$ and its increased capacity of 29,500 inhabitants. Get up and running without a problem. I admit I use a lot of cheating in their cities, but on behalf of that push big results. All my cities with population over 500,000 have a few with 1 million and the largest is 3.4 million

- Ivaylo

Andreas

Well, I said if you don't use the CAM... ;) Of course, RippleJet is right that you can modify the relevant exemplars up to that point, but I was pointing out the practical boundaries of the unmodded game.
Andreas

ivo_su

Ok guys what depends on whether a building will grow easy or difficult the game and if there is an indicator that determines whether it is possible to change so that the rich and big buildings can easily grow from themselfs

- Ivaylo

ivo_su

Andreas and Ripplejet, could you please tell me your opinion?

- Ivaylo

RippleJet

That's not a very simple question to answer... ::)
Basically it would require a mod like CAM, where the upper growth stages would become enabled a lot sooner.
That said, CAM 2.0 will include a skyscraper version, which at least to a degree will speed up the city growth upwards.
Other than that, I do not plan to make any other cheats, so I will have to leave you waiting for it. ;)

ivo_su

For me, the skyscrapers of the CO and CS grow very easily but housing complexes with greater height and size  such as 12x9 6x7 5x21 9x8 grow harder. Else that bothers me is that I have 4-5 types of buildings, size 5x5 the ones I want don't grow unless I use buildingplop.But if you plop it using buildingplop it will not be effective - and people not involved in trafficking, etc.
what to do

- Ivaylo

RippleJet

Quote from: ivo_su on November 21, 2010, 02:18:27 PM
but housing complexes with greater height and size  such as 12x9 6x7 5x21 9x8 grow harder.

Yes, the bigger the lots, the harder they will be to get.
And there isn't much we can do about that...

Quote from: ivo_su on November 21, 2010, 02:18:27 PM
Else that bothers me is that I have 4-5 types of buildings, size 5x5 the ones I want don't grow unless I use buildingplop.But if you plop it using buildingplop it will not be effective - and people not involved in trafficking, etc.
what to do

Trafficking? ::) $%Grinno$%
I think you might be trying too hard to get specific buildings to grow.
Sooner or later (rather later I'd say) you will have some of them growing.
Especially if you've got CAM and they are stage 14 or 15.

ivo_su

Does that mean that if they tore the stage from 15 to 11 or less will grow more easily

ivo_su

And I think it would be best if residential can be effective when they Plop like buildings C and I .
This would solve all problems and difficulties.

- Ivaylo

RippleJet

Quote from: ivo_su on November 21, 2010, 02:35:53 PM
Does that mean that if they tore the stage from 15 to 11 or less will grow more easily

Ahh, but we don't want that, do we? ::)
SC4 is a simulator, simulating what happens in real life...

In real life the highest stage buildings won't grow unless the city is large enough.
You wouldn't see the 540 m Freedom Tower grow in София either...

Quote from: ivo_su on November 21, 2010, 02:41:14 PM
And I think it would be best if residential can be effective when they Plop like buildings C and I .
This would solve all problems and difficulties.

Yeah, there are certain wishes that will never come true... :P

ivo_su

Well in my largest city with a population of over 3 million with about 2 million jobs, and all indicators are excellent why not grow or Al Burj and Marina 101 buildings grow as Coob and Infinity Tower
And wishes that never come true - if there will always remain a solution because nothing is impossible
Also I would gladly join the team as long as you want me and I helped with everything

- Ivaylo

RippleJet

Quote from: ivo_su on November 21, 2010, 03:15:25 PM
Well in my largest city with a population of over 3 million with about 2 million jobs, and all indicators are excellent why not grow or Al Burj and Marina 101 buildings grow as Coob and Infinity Tower

Random chances and probabilities... things you cannot control... :)

ivo_su