• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune

Oh gezz, thats the best thing I've seen since sliced bread... :)
~ NAM Team Member

inspecter

I'll be waiting for the STR  &apls &apls

metarvo

Those STR curves are beautiful, David.  It should be noted that I reserve that word only for situations that it accurately describes. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bob56

great pics...when will downloads be posted on the LEX?
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

MassHelper

Nice STR pics, Dave!!

The rails are just like the ones that we have in Northern parts of Ontario  (namely the Algoma Central Railway -> URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algoma_Central_Railway ) (No, I don't live in that region, :-[ I live in Toronto)
:) Mass

P.S. I am waiting for the download for STR to be available, so I can create some nice and realistic railways
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

Pat

Quote from: bob56 on October 24, 2008, 03:31:02 PM
great pics...when will downloads be posted on the LEX?

Bob I do agree with you there that those are some wonderful pictures there!!!  Just so you know that the downloads will be done when they are done, its just a matter of patience my friend...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

un1

Amazing work dedgren! I'm getting even more impatient by the secnd.  &apls

(Did I hear BETA testing earlier in this thread?  &idea )

-un1

dedgren

Still haven't moved on.  I was working today with Dustin (thundercrack83) on the great 3RR-ST archiving project [linkie].  We're working on moving all 73 pages of 3RR over at Simtropolis to a nice, accessible and safe location over here- check it out.

So, a few more eye candy pics.  Still just doodling.

Trainspotting.

Later.

David

156018 - We'll pass 20k page views this month on the 30th
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pozzessed

$%Grinno$% I'm still hearing echoes of the Casey Jones theme tune .. and waiting for the Cannonball Express to go through! LoL
Please call me Roz.
Visit my BAT thread .. http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11464.0
The Beginning of Knowledge, Is the Discovery of Something We Do Not Understand ...

I Refuse To Have A Battle Of Wits With An Unarmed Person.

sim-al2

Wow... you call that doodling? I call that a masterpiece! The telephone poles besides the tracks complete the effect.  :thumbsup:
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

metarvo

Somehow, that telephone pole looks like something I've seen before, David.  It's different than the one that I remember seeing in 3RR, though.  Is this one of Matt's telephone poles?

In any case, you have outdone yourself yet again.  As always, keep up the great work!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

art128

I always enjoy to see these pictures David  &apls
those track are perfect  &apls it's simply amazing  :thumbsup:
great work !
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

David I thought at first you said droooling and not doodling lol... Well drooling I got down no problem here as of late of this pasted week siigh...  Anyways looking soo good, gaah I cant even type right...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Great job there on the STR and nice pictures of it! Looking forward to more... ;)

penguin007

Awesome progress with the single rail track. I love it with its compactness. Well done cant wait to see more bridges for it.

One word or question if you like.... Stations?

Im sure you've thought of this but just thought I'd mention it

EDITHey, Will- great to see you here!  The STR pieces that are specifically designed for stations will come out in V.2.  We are nailing down the basic trackage set for the first release now, and while stations will be possible (and should be functional right out of the box), tighter integration will become possible as we move into later phases of the project. -DE

sim-al2

Maybe we should just convert to double track before stations? Most commuter lines are double-tracked anyway, so we would only need to worry about freight. One track freight stations would be nice though.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

MassHelper

BTW, Dave, what about North Country Dude's railroad yards and textures? Maybe your STR can help repath them to make a realistic railway yard??

:) Mass

EDITMass, Dirk (North Country Dude) is a huge part of the STR project and of the RAM Team.  He is working to do exactly that, along with on a bunch of new stuff that will blow your socks off once it sees the light of day. -DE
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

dedgren

Hopefully there'll be several new pieces to show you all over the next few days that will address some of the recent questions.  Stations have definitely been taken into account.

Another couple of teasers.

The trains flowing around these wide curves are just amazing to watch in the game.  I don't have any "movie" capture software or Flash- is anyone aware of any freeware out there that I could do something quick and dirty with?

The STR switch.

Another pic of the switch.

I'm trying to regroup today and get a handle on about 10 different SC4 projects I have going.  More about that this evening.

Don't forget to look for new 3RR-ST pages in the Great 3RR-ST Archiving Project, which you'll find here [linkie].  More about that later, too.

David

156437 - We might hit close to 1,000 page views today.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

un1

:o :o &apls &apls :thumbsup:

Wow dedgren! Amazing pictures! To good to be true! To good I say!  ;D

-un1

Haljackey

Geesh, this looks just like a model train set, but in SC4!  nice job! 

Best,
-Haljackey