• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to build a realistic Roundabout Interchange.

Started by jonoboo, May 25, 2008, 07:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonoboo

This tutorial will teach you how to build a Roundabout Interchange. You need the latest NAM for this.

First, you need a stretch of elevated motorway. It needs to be quite long, it shouldn't need to be any longer than 15 tiles.

When you have done that, you can now go the the Single-Sided Perpendicular Ramps and tab through them until you get to the one way road ramp.

Place them on either side of the motorway so that there is 2 squares between the roads, like in the picture.

Now go to the avenue roundabout and tab until you see the one where the motorway goes over it and place it in between the ramps like pictured.

Now its done.

If you are wondering why you have to place the ramps first, its because if you place the roundabout first, the one way road at the bottom of the ramps have to be a tile longer than if you do it this method. It looks crap if there is a tile between the ramp and the roundabout.

Here is a 'done up' version with embanked motorway on either side and on slop pieces connecting the the two elevations of motorway. I have also used the roundabout with a motorway going across with the avenue GLR going underneath (its the last one in the tab cycle of the roundabouts).
It is a moisaic of different screenshots so don't be alarmed if some bits look a bit jagged. (2048x1536 pixels).

Meh!

whiteshark12

Nice!  ;)
any way to do it like your first picture though?
Thats it, ive finished yapping
But dont breath a sigh of relief
I will be back!
Bwa ha ha! (ha!)

paroch

That is VERY nice indeed jonoboo.  Thanks for that short easy to understand tutorial.

That configuration is just so British, I will use it in many places.

jonoboo

Quote from: whiteshark12 on May 26, 2008, 02:30:00 AM
Nice!  ;)
any way to do it like your first picture though?

I couldnt find a inverted version of that so I just used that picture  ;D
Meh!

MandelSoft

Nice tutorial  :thumbsup:
Anyway, the interchange on the top is not quite possible yet with the NAM (you can do it with OWR's, but that looks very angular).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE