• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

ooohhh... nice!  :thumbsup: Looking great, and I still think it's getting close to a release!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Streetlight 725

JoeST

is it not possible to turn shadows "off" ?

and yeah i guess it would be AWESOME, all thanks to you and the NAM/members (:D)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Haljackey

I'll have to add my praise into the discussion too.  Well done, Alex!  Well done!   :)

To be honest, I don't really care about the shadows caused by the on-slope pieces.  I am used to it by now.

Oh, and many of the recent screenies show the el-RHW side by side, without a gap.  I was wondering if the el-RHW was two tiles wide, or just one tile dragged side by side.  

Best,
-Haljackey

JoeST

Hal: I think he has mentioned that it is separate before
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

It is indeed separable--it works just like the Ground RHW-4.  Here's another screenie from awhile ago (which I don't think I've shown) that shows the separable capabilities.

Quote from: Streetlight 725 on September 04, 2008, 02:23:16 PM
I wonder if it will be relesed next week? :)

Barring an unforeseen miracle, that's not likely to happen.  There's still quite a ways to go with stuff, but it is progressing nicely.

Of course, if it were actually to be released next week, well . . . I'd hedge around it.  We NAMites like to surprise people. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Streetlight 725

I need The El RHW in my citys insted using EL One ways.Looks Great. ;D

Haljackey

Ooooo... Ahhhh.... Thats a nice Screenie!

I take back what I said before.  Those new textures are shaping up to be something great!  I never liked them before, but they look awesome in that pic!

Best,
-Haljackey

nerdly_dood

I'm absolutely certain I've seen that picture before.  I'm not sure what page it was on but it's been a month or so since you posted it.

It also occurs to me that the current RHW v.20 can enable the user to have some two-lane divided avenues, one lane each direction, using the RHW puzzle pieces, mainly RHW-4 exit/entrance ramp Type A. Currently they can have overpasses with no intersection, or an at-grade intersection with roads, one-way roads or avenues, but we can't have at-grade intersections with rail and we can't have offramps from a road like this. I'll show pictures soon.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: nerdly_dood on September 04, 2008, 02:57:09 PM
I'm absolutely certain I've seen that picture before.  I'm not sure what page it was on but it's been a month or so since you posted it.

Maybe I did.  Forgetful Adminadillo ::)

Well, I'll make it up in a little while with some completely new ones.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Streetlight 725

Quote from: Tarkus on September 04, 2008, 02:59:31 PM
Maybe I did.  Forgetful Adminadillo ::)

Well, I'll make it up in a little while with some completely new ones.

-Alex (Tarkus)

I can't wait to see a new picture soon. :D &apls

un1

&apls &apls &apls :o :o :o

Elevated RHW!!!!!!

Now it can't be called RHW. :P

Nice work and I simply can't wait for its realese.

-un1

nerdly_dood

Aaaand here is my little bit of MIS manipulation.

2-lane avenue:

It's functional:

One lane, one way road:

It works:

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

wes.janson

Quote from: nerdly_dood on September 04, 2008, 03:17:38 PM

I do that too. It really gives the look of small residential one way street.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

dragonshardz

Hey, Alex: I have a question. How are we going to go about making RHW bridges that are bigger than RHW2/4?

~~Dragonshardz~~

Patricius Maximus

Wow, I love all these previews. I does look close to release (although I guess some work needs to be done still  ;))

Perhaps not next week, but within 30 days?

nerdly_dood

I'd just give it till RHW v.20 has been out a year, that should give Tarkus enough time to do the necessary work.

j-dub

Very funny Nerdly_dood, it just so happens today, I was also making a single lane avenue. However, I put traffic lights on it. I notice nobody stops at the MIS ramp/road intersection, so I had to put a signal on it so this wasn't the issue. Using MIS as a single lane thru way is very impressive. You need alot of room to start these single laners. Doing it as an avenue isn't as hard since you have room each direction, but I'm assuming your single lane connects to a major thru way?

Even though this picture shows the MIS ramps going through the avenue, its not like you can drag it through all the way.
Maybe a simple 1x1 MIS ramp starter piece would be nice for many others who want to use single lanes as a main passage way?

metarvo

Quote from: nerdly_dood on September 04, 2008, 03:17:38 PM

Here's something I did a while back.  I have used the MIS as a commercial loading alley.

Quote from: j-dub on September 04, 2008, 07:01:26 PM
Very funny Nerdly_dood, it just so happens today, I was also making MIS ramps into a single lane avenue. However, I put traffic lights on it.

So, the AVE-2 is already out now, is it? :thumbsup:  Good job, nerdly_dood and j-dub.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

wes.janson

Quote from: metarvo on September 04, 2008, 07:31:47 PM
Here's something I did a while back.  I have used the MIS as a commercial loading alley.

I never would have thought of that. Very smart usage!

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!