• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j-dub

Quote from: metarvoSo, the AVE-2 is already out now, is it?
(To clear up confusion for NWM fans) Yes, and no. The AVE-2 network from the NWM has 2 way traffic on a single tile system. That one is Not out. I know it really looks like I'm using the NWM version of the AVE-2 in my picture, but thats using DTP/VideoSean's texture, and I had to make sure I had strater pieces between intersections, but it requires some room to build. As long as you have the RHW 20, then a AVE-2 is already out by the own work of the user. The best part is how it accepts resident traffic. If not, we couldn't use this. Thank goodness we already have some sort of direct MIS to RHW 2 connection.

Tarkus

The Elevated MIS stuff is coming along quite nicely now . . .

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on September 04, 2008, 05:21:46 PM
Perhaps not next week, but within 30 days?

Quote from: nerdly_dood on September 04, 2008, 05:31:23 PM
I'd just give it till RHW v.20 has been out a year, that should give Tarkus enough time to do the necessary work.

Good guesses. ::)  But of course, I can't give you an actual release date.  ;)  We shall see . . .

There will, of course, be plenty more preview pics in a little bit.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Ryan B.

Wow, Alex!  That's a jaw-dropper if I've ever seen one.  Nice work!

Streetlight 725

choco

wow this stuff looks great!   &apls

im not sure if its needed, but i can make some bridge modelsfor RHW2/4.  i was planning on making a OWR and road bridge with the RHW textures, but may not need to with this new release.  i can always wait till the release.

regarding RHW6/8/10, i dont think there's been much success with bridges over 2 tiles wide.  i could give it a try, but i doubt i would find anything those before me didn't.

SimsReporter

oh wow, now with the Elevated RHW/MIS now making interchanges is going to be easier then ever. Thanks Tarkus for making one of the Greatest Mods ever.  :thumbsup:
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

nerdly_dood

@ Tarkus - Awesome! Keep it up!

@ J-Dub - Actually those images are from a sandbox city I've been using lately for some highway experiments, and it's the one that the pictures in my collector/distributor highway tutorial come from.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Patricius Maximus

Definently a jaw-dropper. I can imagine what I can do with that stuff....

Please keep showing teasers! I can't get enough of them.

metarvo

Alex, is that a MIS on-slope?  Mmm...Delicious! &apls

Quote from: j-dub on September 04, 2008, 08:03:29 PM
(To clear up confusion for NWM fans) Yes, and no. The AVE-2 network from the NWM has 2 way traffic on a single tile system. That one is Not out. I know it really looks like I'm using the NWM version of the AVE-2 in my picture, but thats using DTP/VideoSean's texture, and I had to make sure I had strater pieces between intersections, but it requires some room to build. As long as you have the RHW 20, then a AVE-2 is already out by the own work of the user. The best part is how it accepts resident traffic. If not, we couldn't use this. Thank goodness we already have some sort of direct MIS to RHW 2 connection.

I know that the NWM is not out.  I apologize for any confusion that I caused with my statement.  However, I realize that you have created an AVE-2 of your own using the MIS, j-dub.  I really like it. :thumbsup:  I will need to try that out for myself.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

j-dub

Don't worry, its not a problem. :) However, there are alot of people who drive over here, or to another spot, and stop to ask, "is this out yet" if they aren't familiar with this area. I am considering doing a video to show how MIS is used to make a AVE-2. 

Tarkus

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!  And now, a couple more pics . . .

It works in reverse, too . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

sim-al2

:o  :o

That's incredible! I see some color shift, but that would be a really effective intersection in downtown areas! I can't wait for the new V21!  ;)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Streetlight 725

The RHW is getting Better and Better!! &apls
Keep up the good work! :) :thumbsup:

girlfromverona

Pat

Alex that is just so very insane and remember folks that the old saying goes that good things come to those who wait patiently or the NAM saying it will be done when its done  ;D  the first one is my personal favorite one  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jgehrts

Tarkus, you still boggle my mind.  All this stuff you (and all the other NAM folks do, of course) continue to breathe new life into a five-year-old game.  Awesome work!

nerdly_dood

Awesome - the MIS can intersect the other elevated networks now!

BTW, I have heard from an unreliable source that the RHW v.21 will be released on September 24, and the NWM on October 1. Since I have had the NAM team's policy on no release dates hammered into my head for the past year or so, I don't believe that as far as I can throw it. (And considering that it's an intangible idea as opposed to a THING i can hold and throw, that speaks volumes)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

Quote from: nerdly_dood on September 05, 2008, 06:26:27 PM
BTW, I have heard from an unreliable source that the RHW v.21 will be released on September 24, and the NWM on October 1. Since I have had the NAM team's policy on no release dates hammered into my head for the past year or so, I don't believe that as far as I can throw it. (And considering that it's an intangible idea as opposed to a THING i can hold and throw, that speaks volumes)

There is indeed no release date . . . I haven't even unofficially-halfway-tentatively mentioned a possibility to any fellow NAMites.  And the NWM hasn't even been worked on for over a month.  Besides, I also need appropriate advance time to tease people.  :D

However, if people want to guess, they can--I'd be curious to see what people think.  Maybe folks could start a pool  &idea . . . but I will say that it won't be September 24, 2008,  nor October 1, 2008, nor January 1, 2009.  Nor February 30th, 2029.  Maybe that'll narrow it down.  :D 

Oh, and on a more serious note, thanks for the continued support.  :thumbsup: It means a lot.  And I will be back with more screenies in a bit.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Kitsune

Why would Tarkus release it anytime soon? Spore comes out this weekend, and I',m sure thats gonna be more important then release v21  :P
~ NAM Team Member

Rodney99

Its been a while since i been here... This is unbelivable! I am drooling at the thought of using the elevated RHW. I really like your textures too!  :)