• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

LOL pilotdaryl, I sense enough drool in here to run a hydroelectric power plant.  Especially when you add mine.  "Elevated" describes this, alright.  My happiness level has definitely been elevated, that's for sure! :D

Absolutely amazing, Alex and Swamper! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Streetlight 725

Swamper77,Nice elvated Rhw! &apls
Where you got the police car and van?
They look good.Any download link? ;D &apls :D :) &apls

Ryan B.

nerdly_dood

He's busy making more paint-job varieties for the police car, and I'm not sure if he'll release that before or after he's done with the Chevy Astro van he's working on... The Jeep is available as a fire support vehicle on the LEX - just go to "power search" and the "Creator" is swamper77. There is also a Crown Victoria fire chief car included.

Oh, and by the way, isn't this thread about the development of the RHW project? I didn't think SW77 police vehicles were all that relevant...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Monorail Master

Uhhhh. In case you haven't noticed, there is a really funny bug in the puzzle pieces that I dont want fixed. Appearently, you can place any type of puzzle pieces including the Elevated RHW Pieces for v21. You can place them on any type of terrain! Place them on a 90 degree slope or underwater as what I did in the picture below.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

j-dub

Yes, but can you drag the EL-RHW underwater? :P  Not that I would. Monorail Master, I think I understand what your thinking about the other puzzle pieces, because of the RHW's elevated draggability. Fear not, this project does not affect those. So I wouldn't worry about Those puzzle pieces in a different menu getting turned into draggable networks for now. Sorry to tell you, that EL-RHW underwater, is Likely a no go.

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: j-dub on October 10, 2008, 09:42:41 PM
Yes, but can you drag the EL-RHW underwater? :P  Not that I would.

But shouldn't that make a bridge?  ;)

Nice new models, Jan! And I look forward to v.21's release even more now!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

j-dub

Of course it should, but can it be done?

nerdly_dood

I am almost positive that draggable networks are not possible underwater. Only puzzle pieces can be used this way, and they will only make a bridge if the water is shallow enough.

However, it is entirely possible to make a standard bridge like we're all used to making for elevated RHW as well as GRHW - the GLR and standard elevated rail bridges are evidence of this.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: j-dub on October 10, 2008, 09:59:29 PM
Of course it should, but can it be done?

Of course, if any of the various bridge pictures shown over the last 80 pages or so are correct...
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

j-dub

I was just wondering if the EL-RHW was going to have new bridge models.

Monorail Master

Well, If it can be draggable underwater, we would have the first RHW bridge that actually uses RHW pieces. But hey, the RHW Bridge is still under R&D. :( But, another good thing about the idea "underwater RHW" is to be more realistic for the Sci-Fi or destruction scenes in the City Journals/Mayor Dieries. Also, It's still UDI/Commuter route enabled so like you can take vids or pics of you or your sims driving underwater!
(\__/)

choco

Quote from: j-dub on October 11, 2008, 10:12:12 AM
i may be working on some.....theres apparently been progress on RHW bridges.....

Tarkus

Quote from: j-dub on October 11, 2008, 10:12:12 AM

Actually, the Ground RHW bridges will be ported over to the El-RHW.  It's just a matter of adding a property to the bridge exemplars.

Sorry things have been slow here . . . was out of town for a few days.  The RHW will be back in business shortly . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

metarvo

Quote from: Tarkus on October 13, 2008, 11:23:34 AM
The RHW will be back in business shortly . . .

I look forward to this, Alex!  I'll be here. :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Streetlight 725

Monorail Master

Quote from: j-dub on October 10, 2008, 09:42:41 PM
Yes, but can you drag the EL-RHW underwater? :P  Not that I would. Monorail Master, I think I understand what your thinking about the other puzzle pieces, because of the RHW's elevated draggability. Fear not, this project does not affect those. So I wouldn't worry about Those puzzle pieces in a different menu getting turned into draggable networks for now. Sorry to tell you, that EL-RHW underwater, is Likely a no go.

Well, There goes Mine and probaly deathtopumpkin's idea of trying to make the HRBT (if any of you don't know what it is, It is the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel on I-64. Half bridge, half underwater tunnel) in the Hampton Roads area of SE Virginia! :D ()testing() ()testing()
(\__/)

sim-al2

Quote from: Monorail Master on October 14, 2008, 05:38:47 PM
Well, There goes Mine and probaly deathtopumpkin's idea of trying to make the HRBT (if any of you don't know what it is, It is the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel on I-64. Half bridge, half underwater tunnel) in the Hampton Roads area of SE Virginia! :D ()testing() ()testing()

Have you ever considered making a normal tunnel? ()testing()  ::)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Tarkus

Quote from: Monorail Master on October 14, 2008, 05:38:47 PM
Well, There goes Mine and probaly deathtopumpkin's idea of trying to make the HRBT

Not necessarily . . . I can't say anymore than that, though . . . ::)

Btw, if anyone wants to check out the HRBT, it's on Google StreetView.  Pretty cool, I must say.

-Alex (Tarkus)