• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

FLEXFly is awesome. All we need now are ERHW-4 smooth curves (90 & 45), and MIS curves as well.

Not to mention ERHW-6 through 10. And curves for those. And curves/draggable diagonals for RHW-6 through 10. And the list just goes on.

Seriously, though, that is absolutely AWESOME!

u.mueller

JoeST

Oh,....My....[insert prolific deity in here] :o

that is like magic :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

MandelSoft

Now THAT's a usefull addition to the RHW (and this piece will be very usefull when building Whirlpool or T-Stack-interchanges)  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

KoV Liberty

Yeah I have about oh... I don't know... 30 places I could use THAT. ;D :P

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

delta9

Quote from: Glazert on August 24, 2009, 03:15:47 PM
This is really moving us into "things we hadn't even thought of asking for" territory.

More like "things we thought better than to ask for because we thought they were impossible"  :o  I would guess that RHW4 is about a year off, and insane stuff like this will make it worth twice that wait.  I'm blown away!

&hlp

kings_niners

now if only we can have fly-over over fly over ramps ;D

gianthaiku

metasmurf

Haljackey

I just wanted to pop in and say you guys have done some amazing work since I last checked.  What progress!

As always, I look forward to seeing more "screenies" and development details.  Keep up the fantastic work!

dragonshardz

In this photo, Sims aren't using this overpass even though there is a perfectly good diamond interchange just off screen. Instead, they drive to the edge adapter for the RHW and turn around. I've tried everything to get Sims to use it, but to no avail. I think it has something to do with the two-way pathing.

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on August 31, 2009, 07:05:01 PM
In this photo, Sims aren't using this overpass even though there is a perfectly good diamond interchange just off screen. Instead, they drive to the edge adapter for the RHW and turn around. I've tried everything to get Sims to use it, but to no avail. I think it has something to do with the two-way pathing.

That is fixed with the Path Fix Patch.

And Haljackey, welcome back!

-Alex

Rady

Funny but now I ended up with an RHW that is not used by my sims:

I connected my city tile to the industrial city tile both with an "normal" and an rural highway. As for the city connection, I transferred the RHW-6 to an RHW-4, then to an oneway-road, then normal ground highway. (So there should be no "loop-connector" problem).

However, all of my sims are using the normal highway that is located a few tiles south of the RHW to drive to the industrial city. At first I thought that there might be aproblem with the interchange (MIS-avenue-crossing), but the pathing looks ao, and I already saw some (to be more precixe: ONE) automata (the construction truck) drive on the RHW. (I also checked the pathing for the compete route, it looks ok.)

Here's a pic of the intersection I thought might be buggy:

And here's the overall situation:

Oh, and sorry for this pic - that seems to have to do something woth the "lost city tile" problem im battling at the moment. So the right half of the picture should be on the left side, as this is the "normal" higway proceeding to the neighboring city tile.
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Tarkus

Rady, as I recall, one of the RHW-6S Ramp Interfaces had a pathing issue--it might have been the Type A one that you're using.  It was fixed in the Version 3.2 release back in March, though.

The Avenue/MIS setup you have there is problematic as well--it's one of those intersections you're not really supposed to be able to build, and will be disabled in Version 4.  Normally, those sorts of things just result in weird automata jumping, but still function, but the paths look so misaligned in that case that it may be severe enough to cause an issue as well. 

Also, it's possible your neighbor connection setup may still have some issues.

-Alex

joelyboy911

I had a strange issue with the diagonal RHW-4 offramp. When placing it over an existing diagonal RHW, it dug a really deep hole (I think right down to the lowest possible) at the side of the MIS ramp. This did not occur on the onramp equivalent (actually, it might have been the other way around, I'll need to check), and nor did it occur if I demolished the section of the highway before placing the puzzle piece. Its not really a huge problem, but it's very strange.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Leodido

Very nice stuff guys! Can't wait to get my hand on them :p

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

Rady

Quote from: Tarkus on August 31, 2009, 10:22:57 PM
The Avenue/MIS setup you have there is problematic as well--it's one of those intersections you're not really supposed to be able to build, and will be disabled in Version 4.  Normally, those sorts of things just result in weird automata jumping, but still function, but the paths look so misaligned in that case that it may be severe enough to cause an issue as well. 
-Alex

Thanks, ineed this was the problem. I changed the connection to MIS --> Oneway-Road --> Avenue, now my SIMs are racing over the RHW!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

KoV Liberty

Quote from: joelyboy911 on August 31, 2009, 10:58:01 PM
I had a strange issue with the diagonal RHW-4 offramp. When placing it over an existing diagonal RHW, it dug a really deep hole (I think right down to the lowest possible) at the side of the MIS ramp. This did not occur on the onramp equivalent (actually, it might have been the other way around, I'll need to check), and nor did it occur if I demolished the section of the highway before placing the puzzle piece. Its not really a huge problem, but it's very strange.

No sure but I think you are supposed to plop them individually. This happended to me once and I plopped it individually (not on top of RHW 4) and it worked fine.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

dragonshardz

Quote from: Tarkus on August 31, 2009, 07:16:05 PM
That is fixed with the Path Fix Patch.

-Alex

Alex, thanks for that info, I'll make sure to download it when I get home.

kings_niners

hey alex i have an inquery that i'd like answered if you have time; will the next version have left hand entrances, exits for the rhw 8, 10? i'm trying to model several freeways like that of I-110 through La where you have an elevated rhw-4(carpool lanes) in the median of an rhw 10 but i have to have the rhw-4 intersect with the rhw 10 somehow. thanks for your time. and if any one has time to make an elevated rhw-4 carpool piece, that'd be pretty cool too. :)