• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Only the RHW-2 can make neighbour connections without any problem. For any other width you have to plop neighbour connector pieces over the tiles where the RHW enters/exits the city.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

zorro98

Why arent there no download link at he downlaod page T_T  &hlp

jgehrts

io_bg

Quote from: zorro98 on July 29, 2010, 11:04:08 AM
Have you registered separately at the LEX?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

Quote from: zorro98 on July 29, 2010, 11:04:08 AM

As stated right at the top of the thread where the download page links are:

PLEASE NOTE: In order for the actual "Click here to download" button to appear, you must be registered for and logged into the LEX.  LEX registration is separate from Forum registration.

-Alex

TJ1

In the 4.X  release's can you guys make inside ramps for farrhw ()what() and can you make it easier to do what is in the red circles above.

Tarkus

Quote from: TJ1 on July 29, 2010, 03:02:31 PM
In the 4.X  release's can you guys make inside ramps for farrhw ()what() and can you make it easier to do what is in the red circles above.

Eventually, I'd say.

-Alex

TJ1

If only this was an HOV Expressway

Ciuu96

TJ1, did you just combine MAVE-6 and RHW-6c, or what the ---- is this? :D I gotta try this out, it looks awesome!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

Highrise99

I just wanted to bring up a suggestion:
I noticed in other NAM networks, there are "high puzzle pieces", usually used for sunken overpasses, however, they could also be used for overpasses.  Currently, in the city I'm working on, I had two RHWs intersecting in the middle.  I wanted to make a four level stack.  Although I've been experimenting for quite a while, I kept running into problems, before making the decision I had to use the custom interchange for the maxis highway.  I might have been able to complete the interchage with RHW if there were some higher EMIS pieces.  This would open the door to many more four level interchanges, and even three level with no tunnels.  The higher network wouldn't need very many pieces, just a starter piece, a few filler pieces, some FlexFly, and transitions between it and EMIS.

TJ1

Quote from: Ciuu96 on July 30, 2010, 04:20:28 AM
TJ1, did you just combine MAVE-6 and RHW-6c, or what the ---- is this? :D I gotta try this out, it looks awesome!
Why yes, yes I did.  ;D

Quote from: Highrise99 on July 30, 2010, 06:24:40 AM

This would open the door to many more four level interchanges, and even three level with no tunnels
And your so right, If  they do that it would be a huge breakthrough "$Deal"$

Korot

Here [linkie] you can read that mtg has already done some work on the HEMIS, though it isn't quite finished yet. Hopefully, it will be included in some future RHW release. I remember Tarkus having said a version, in which it would be included, but I can't remember which one...

Regards,
Korot

Nego

Quote from: Korot on July 30, 2010, 07:44:46 AM
Here [linkie]Hopefully, it will be included in some future RHW release. I remember Tarkus having said a version, in which it would be included, but I can't remember which one...

Well maybe this will answer your question:

QuoteIn case anyone's wondering what the interim long-term plan is:

• Early 4.x series releases - mostly new ramp interfaces, transitions, curves/fractional angles and cosmetic pieces, improved stability of existing features, new DRIs, possible addition of ERHW-2 and RHW-3.  First TuLEPs likely to appear.
  • Mid 4.x series releases - conversion of SPUIs to WAVERide system, expansion of FLEXFly, likely more ramp interfaces/DRIs, curves, etc. (as they're an ongoing thing)
  • Late 4.x series releases - incorporation of Wider ERHWs
  • 5.0 - incorporation of Multi-Height ERHWs/EMIS, fully-modular stack interchange functionality possible.  (Initial groundwork may be integrated by 4.8 or 4.9.)
It goes without saying that there are no dates attached to these bullet points, and they are, of course, subject to change. 

So as you can see Multi-Height ERHWs won't be around for a long time, but remember, these bullet points are subject to change.

jondor

I'm not proud enough of this to put it in the "Show us your Intersections" thread, but I'll post it here because it makes a good case for a RHW wishlist.

(Click for the full size image)
It's a bit ugly, but it is a functional Turbine interchange as compact as I could make it with the current set of pieces.

Here's my suggested wishlist based on this interchange, in order of my personal desires:  ;D

1. A sort of inverted FLEXFly piece.  Instead of the immutable MIS 90deg curve we currently have, a piece like the FLEXFly A (And eventually B) curve only upside down.  It would be plopped on the ground and could have various elevated networks dragged over top.  This would tighten up the above interchange in the N/S direction and make other double decker interchanges with MIS curves easier to build.

2. These EMIS junctions finished:

The elevated outer ramps on this interchange are awkward from a driver's point of view and take up additional space without these junctions.

3. Diagonal and curved (perhaps 90deg to start and 45deg later) MIS->EMIS ramps.  They would increase the flexibility of just about every interchange, especially where two diagonal RHWs meet.

4. ERHW-4 -> EMIS B exits and possibly A-wide exits.  They would save a bit of space in certain situations.

5. And last, and least: A fix for the MIS under X pieces to eliminate the excess white edges that are always quite visible.

This interchange was a fun mental challenge to build.  Not to mention all the fun I had fighting with the overrides to draw the pieces I want rather than turning back to convoluted RHW-2 junctions. :P  Thanks for putting up with all our insane requests all the time!  :thumbsup:

-Jon
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Blue Lightning

Pretty good interchange I'd say, would probably look better with a few smooth curves (45 degree ones for example) and embanking the ERHW might have been a better idea (except over when it crosses a ramp or the mainline :P )

As for the diagonal splits, that was taken out temporarily due to conflicts with the would-be-then draggable RHW under diagonal MIS (we're going to try and finish that once we fix other things) and that the models weren't finished in time.
1. A sort of inverted FLEXFly piece.  Instead of the immutable MIS 90deg curve we currently have, a piece like the FLEXFly A  (And eventually B) curve only upside down.  It would be plopped on the ground and could have various elevated networks dragged over top.  This would tighten up the above interchange in the N/S direction and make other double decker interchanges with MIS curves easier to build.

Well I suppose I should say it now, it is in the works, though I'm not sure by what RHW version it will be done. I can assure its in development.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

jondor

It was definitely meant to be more proof of concept than anything else.  Once I get my new pieces I'll do it up properly and take it to show. :P
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Blue Lightning

The RHW-4 Compact Plain Suspension bridge is now released on the STEX. LINK
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

the7train

Hey Blue LIghtning, I tried out your suspension bridge, but it doesn't exactly look right.  I'm not sure if I did something wrong?  Is this bridge only meant for a certain distance?  Anyways it looks really cool nice work!

Blue Lightning

Erm, yes, it has to be a longer distance for proper usage, but I intentionally left it able to draw a short span to build "asymetrical half-anchor spans"

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Korot

Hey, it still looks good. However, wouldn't it just be easier to centre the centre pillar, if there is an odd number of pillars? Well, it might not be easier... (where are those rolling eyes?) but it will look better.

Regards,
Korot