• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nego

QuoteAnother question:
Are HOV lanes possible for RHWs? That would be nice...
I'm sorry to say that HOV lanes are not possible because the game can't tell how many sims are in a car. RHW Bus Lanes are possible, though, but they haven't been made yet to my knowledge.
I know BlueLightning made a set of HOV signs, though. You can check them out here.

Edit: Speaking of RHW-6C cosmetic pieces, here is one I made a while ago:

ivo_su

I am interested in the release of projects Tuleps, NWM and RHW together you will be. Because as far as I remember last year came out in one day. And my thought is that if a project is ready will be released or will wait for other to come together.

-Ivaylo

gooper1

Quote from: Nego on January 23, 2011, 10:18:09 AM
RHW Bus Lanes are possible, though, but they haven't been made yet to my knowledge.
I know BlueLightning made a set of HOV signs, though. You can check them out here.

Thanks for the link-not only is that HOV signage but dedicated bus lanes, which is basically what I wanted!
-Gooper1
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

godjcjk12

Will there be any enter/exit ramps that approach/stem from the left for RHD RHW-4,-6, and so on?

Ramona Brie

Quote from: godjcjk12 on January 23, 2011, 06:32:50 PM
Will there be any enter/exit ramps that approach/stem from the left for RHD RHW-4,-6, and so on?

There is an inside exit ramp for RHW-4 and an 6C to 4 and 2 transition (which I have made tight exits with...will have to post a picture soon).

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MandelSoft

^^ I can, but that would be cheating, since I know what developents there are behind the doors. But I clearly see what you did there...  ;)

By the way, HOV-lanes anyone?  $%Grinno$%

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Shadow Assassin

No, this one would be FARfetched:

Oh, and...

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

RickD

Wow, great progress. I love how the MIS interfaces with the Avenue in Shadow Assassin's picture.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

samerton

:o Now that's what I call amazing! The current progress is really great.  &apls

strucka

:o :o :o ??? ()what() :o :o :o :o :o &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
can't say anything else.. =) awesome work guys, you've made RHW from a useless but interesting project, to a realy awesome and tottaly usable and really interactive reality highway network..
I humbly salute and bow to you, gods of SC4D!

io_bg

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 24, 2011, 07:45:27 AMNow, who can tell me what's new in this? ;)
Well, I spotted FAR ramps for RHW6C, TULEPS for RHW 4, and long curve connecting straight MIS and FAR MIS. And these new avenue overpasses!
All these pics are awesome, just can't wait for these new additions! $%Grinno$%
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Tarkus

Regarding the double-decker thing . . . I did, in fact, have a prototype way back when, sometime before RHW Version 1.3 in 2007, though I don't ever recall saying it would be released in Version 1.3, which was never really intended to be more than an "emergency" compatibility release.  (It also added a whopping 3 puzzle pieces, for a grand total of 5. ::))

However, the DDHRW got scrapped mainly because of my subpar modeling skills then, and to a lesser extent, because of the capacity issues to which Maarten already alluded.  That's not to say it won't be revisited down the line, however.

Quote from: ivo_su on January 23, 2011, 11:42:12 AM
I am interested in the release of projects Tuleps, NWM and RHW together you will be. Because as far as I remember last year came out in one day. And my thought is that if a project is ready will be released or will wait for other to come together.

Because there are components of the NAM that have been modified which interact with the RHW (the Elevated Road/OWR/Avenue pieces), the next RHW will probably come out at the same time as NAM Version 30, though I can't say with absolute certainty. 

Outside the RHW, there's only a small number of new TuLEPs pieces that are currently in active development--those will probably end up as part of TuLEPs Basic, which is a NAM Core component.  There has been some work on TuLEPs Advanced components, but until we have the menu system worked out, that side of things won't be going forward. 

The NWM isn't tied down as much on that front, though it's progressing nicely and may be part of the NAM Version 30 release cycle.

Quote from: godjcjk12 on January 23, 2011, 06:32:50 PM

As Tracker mentioned, there already is for the RHW-4 and 6C.  6S and 8S/10S versions are planned as well.

-Alex

pierrebaptiste

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 24, 2011, 08:04:17 AM

Oh, and...

Very good job

I have trying a similar bridge like you, but I have no time to finish this  ()sad()

Quote from: pierrebaptiste on October 27, 2010, 11:25:55 AM

Ramona Brie

Shadow Assassin, I love everything you've dumped on us, but I see a little alignment issue with the MIS TuLEP piece...

Blue Lightning

That would actually be my fault :-[ I made those using bad texture specs, so, yeah, that'll be fixed by release hopefully. As a side note, straight from the developer's desk...

Poof!

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Ramona Brie

As an aside, when will the retextured roads be released to the public? As a part of NAM 30?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 24, 2011, 08:04:17 AM

AAAHHH!!! You cannot be serious!!! I had the same exact idea!!!  :o :o :o (All that's missing is an FA barrier.)

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 24, 2011, 07:45:27 AM

Now, who can tell me what's new in this? ;)

I can tell what's obvious: More E-Ramps and more FARHW curves (like FA to Diag), just what the current FARHW is missing. However, as Tracker said, the MIS TuLEP pieces are, ironically, MISaligned. :D

Quote from: Tracker on January 24, 2011, 03:06:47 PM
As an aside, when will the retextured roads be released to the public? As a part of NAM 30?

The V5-spec RHW Textures? They'll be a part of the next version of RHW. It also says so in the FAQ.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

noahclem

MISaligned  :D :D  Love it

All cheesiness aside, great work Daniel!  &apls &apls  Those FARMIS transitions were direly needed and the FARHW6C is something I'd hoped for as well! It'd be cool to see a transition from the FARHW6C to ortho RHW6S, or RHW6S with a 1-tile median....